Glades for Labor Day

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
justin m
Southern Airboat Member

Glades for Labor Day

Post by justin m » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:10 pm

Anybody riding out in the Glades Labor day weekend? A couple buddys and myself are stuck between going back up to kissimmee or just drive the 30-45 minutes down to the glades and ride for the day. Let us know what yalls plans are!! :salute: :salute:
A/V 540 on a 13ft Navigator hull, swingin a 72" 2 blade WW signature series. Go boat, not a show boat.

slow ride $$$
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Glades for Labor Day

Post by slow ride $$$ » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:43 pm

Glades , all weekend

HaulinGrass
Southern Airboat Member

Post by HaulinGrass » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:03 pm

the Glade should have a good amount of boats running this weekend .
I know we plan to ride to the Tower to cool off then to the Hilton to do a little test in tune.
then on the way back to 35 stop at the markers by camp 9
I have a new brake I been working on, I need to try out :lol:
New (Hyper Airboat) 12'x7'6"deckover, 4??ci Water Thunder, 2.7 Ballistic Box, 3 blade whisper tip.. Faster than a Speeding ticket

justin m
Southern Airboat Member

Post by justin m » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:36 pm

Well i think we're pretty much set on not driving all the way to kissimmee but you know how that goes, Plans change at the last second :violent1:

We'd like to meet up with a few people out there and burn a little gas. I'm still not too familier with the area so it would be nice to tag along with someone that is
A/V 540 on a 13ft Navigator hull, swingin a 72" 2 blade WW signature series. Go boat, not a show boat.

In the Glades
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by In the Glades » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:09 am

HaulinGrass wrote:the Glade should have a good amount of boats running this weekend .
I know we plan to ride to the Tower to cool off then to the Hilton to do a little test in tune.
then on the way back to 35 stop at the markers by camp 9
I have a new brake I been working on, I need to try out :lol:

Saturday?
BCAHCC Member

HaulinGrass
Southern Airboat Member

Post by HaulinGrass » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:59 am

Yes we have a few boats going out of 35 about 10:am on Saturday and a few friends in the Rez that will be riding to the tower and possibly the Hilton .
Weather permitting . :shock:
New (Hyper Airboat) 12'x7'6"deckover, 4??ci Water Thunder, 2.7 Ballistic Box, 3 blade whisper tip.. Faster than a Speeding ticket

justin m
Southern Airboat Member

Post by justin m » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:11 pm

HaulinGrass wrote:Yes we have a few boats going out of 35 about 10:am on Saturday and a few friends in the Rez that will be riding to the tower and possibly the Hilton .
Which ramp is that? Is that the one off 27 at the Sawgrass recreation area?

HaulinGrass
Southern Airboat Member

Post by HaulinGrass » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:19 pm

justin m wrote:
HaulinGrass wrote:Yes we have a few boats going out of 35 about 10:am on Saturday and a few friends in the Rez that will be riding to the tower and possibly the Hilton .
Which ramp is that? Is that the one off 27 at the Sawgrass recreation area?
No Not off 27.
It is on the Ally, mile marker 35 ,there is a big radio tower and the big Fire station.
There are two boat ramps on the south, the east one right by the Fire station and the west one that you have to take the crossover bridge ,unless your coming from the west then its the first ramp you see to the south when you pull off the exit. The west Ramp leads right into the glades Via a semi tight trail with blind turns on the way out, Best to follow another boat out if your not familiar in the area. once your in the glades it all pretty open. look at it on google to see what im sayin if your not sure.

HaulinGrass
Southern Airboat Member

Post by HaulinGrass » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:44 pm

Here is a basic Map of 3A might help with the general directions of some camps and tower.
But defiantly ride with other boats if you dont know the area, easy to get lost out there now with the water being high,
the trails mesh together with the slues if you get turned around.
Attachments
3A Map.jpg

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:07 pm

Who else is going out on Saturday?
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

In the Glades
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by In the Glades » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:31 pm

From the sounds of things, a lot of people headed to the tower.

I think I'm crusing area 2
BCAHCC Member

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:34 pm

I'm going out to 2A tomorrow night and then probably go down to the Tower on Saturday. Jump back on that horse, if you know what I mean. :lol:
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

Birddog247
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Birddog247 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:43 pm

Thinking about taking my gig for a practice run in area 2. It's been a while!
12ft Palm Beach
stock 350sbc
2.1 gear/80"NGR

"Save a tree; eat a beaver"!

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:02 pm

Last Friday, Elevator Guy and I saw tons of frogs but all small. Perhaps bigger ones were coming out later but we had to leave. The sled was giving me problems.

justin m
Southern Airboat Member

Post by justin m » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:21 pm

I'll be driving down there Saturday morning. Not exactly sure what time but I'd like to meet up with a few people familiar with the area and tag along if that's possible. I've never ran out there so it would be smart for me to ride with some of yall that know the area

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:42 pm

Just be at 35 MM by 10 and you shouldn't have any problem getting someone to run with.

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:43 pm

People show up pretty much all day but earlier the better to beat any storms that might pop up.

Dylan6959
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Dylan6959 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:56 pm

I will be out sunday from 40 mile bend.

Return to “Airboat Talk”