South Florida Paint Shops

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

South Florida Paint Shops

Post by digginfool »

Looking for recommendations for a paint shop in South Florida. Before I put the new motor on, I need to have my rudders, fuel tank and gearbox re-painted. I'm also considering doing paint on the hull.
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

OLD MAN JONES
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Re: South Florida Paint Shops

Post by OLD MAN JONES »

Call BONES TOLSON, if he can't doo it in time, ask for his recommendations.
LIVING FOR THE FUTURE OF OUR EVERGLADES..
WWW.MACKSFISHCAMP.COM A traditional cultural Gladesman property.

white boy
Southern Airboat Member

Post by white boy »

Call pork chop airbrush :cheers:

In the Glades
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by In the Glades »

The best of show from the Broward show seems to be painted by Bones every year... that should say enough. Just don't expect it to be done extremely quickly.

Tonia 'Painterchic' Suarez is extremely talented as well, just not in SoFla... Still in Florida and worth it
BCAHCC Member

slimpickens
Southern Airboat Member

Post by slimpickens »

Hay diggin I no your from south Florida and no you come up and ride Kissimmee a good friend of mine does custom airbrush art work and is very good and reasonably priced as well.If your interested send me a pm

flcracker9
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by flcracker9 »

Bones would be a 1st choice, but if he's too busy, I'll throw out another name out, Rick Corgan in Deerfield Beach if it's airbrushing you want. I'm not sure he's done an airboat, but I'm sure he could shoot a couple rudders. He did my Harley a few months ago, and I was blown away! His price for my bike was way below anyone else I contacted. He has a website you can check out "Be-Unique.com" His phone number is on the website, might be worth a try?
12' Open Palm Beach, IO-0470-L 260hp, 72" NGQ

glades cat
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by glades cat »

Painterchic does a nice job.
"Leave a legacy...Preserve the irreplaceable"
12' x 7' sled built by Scorpion, Cont. O-470-K, 72" Whisper Tip
Rigged by Gladescat & sons in 2009

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool »

I appreciate the leads on airbrush artists but I'm looking for paint. I need my rudders, fuel tank and gearbox repainted. I've considered getting some rudder art and have exchanged PMs with Painterchic but haven't decided on a theme. Right now, just looking for the base. Also, what paint do most people use? I'm thinking Imron since it's pretty hard and scratch resistant but how does it hold up to airboat use? Open to suggestions.
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

tdarr
Southern Airboat Member

Post by tdarr »

I had one boat painted in imron back in 2007 at Florida Aero Paint, inc at Lantana airport. Has held up real nice even on deck where all the sand on shoes get ground in walking. That is on a deckover sled and i painted my palm beach hull myself with automotive paint I got at Glue Products Plus in west palm beach. Used several coats of clear over paint and is holding up great after 4 years of wear.

BusterStratton
Southern Airboat Member

Post by BusterStratton »

I have been known to paint a few have a look: https://www.americanairbrush.biz

Return to “Airboat Talk”