Freedom Ride 2015 / Saturday, Feb. 21 / Lake Kissimmee, FL

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
HuntingBigun
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Re: Freedom Ride 2015 / Saturday, Feb. 21 / Lake Kissimmee,

Post by HuntingBigun » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:36 am

xranger22 wrote:If one were to drive up for the day. Where would I launch at, and about what time do things start up. Is there a central location for the festivities. I have a place in Okeechobee and may make the run up for the day. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thank you.
Glad to hear you like to come, lots of places to launch heading up from Okeechobee closet would be
Coleman Landing also known as Shady Oaks, has both dry launch & boat ramp for airboats, just few miles north of State Road 60, put in and follow the west shore line of the lake to you reach the North end where Tiger Creek comes out that is Miles Point at 12.00 we be serving lunch for a small fee and gathering to celebrate our rights to airboat, club will have Diamondback Raffle boat there as well you can buy tickets to win when we raffle it off April 11, 2015.

https://public.myfwc.com/le/boatramp/pu ... rboat+Ramp

Camp Mack, Thomas Landing and host of others you could use but that is the one closet to you.

Thanks
Bigun

http://www.krvsa.com

http://krvsa.com/product/airboat-raffle-tickets/

Click for pics = http://www.flickr.com/photos/huntingbigun/

Killin Time 15.6 Diamondback Deckover Mast 808 Hp SC LS 7 /KRVSA /NRA

woods and water
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by woods and water » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:25 am

I think the club may have booked the ride same weekend as TCR again may make rooms hard to get again

papajack
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by papajack » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:28 am

Team Lightheaded is planning to join the fun. Camp Mack is booked for rooms and cabins so we have a verbal reservation at Thomas Landing. If we can't get some kind of written confirmation, we are going with plan C. That is bringing the motor home with both boats and staying at Camp Mack. We will bring a supply of cubes and hatlights if anyone wants to save shipping costs by purchasing stuff at the ride. PM me if you plan to purchase while there and I will be sure to have your new light with me. Also planning to purchase the winning raffle ticket while there. Save it for me BIGUN! !!

HuntingBigun
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by HuntingBigun » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:31 am

woods and water wrote:I think the club may have booked the ride same weekend as TCR again may make rooms hard to get again

Hard part of having ride in the spring everyone wants to come out and play boats, buggy & racers, We set dates months ago and Camp Mack had rooms till about 2 weeks ago We do have miles of shoreline for great camping and Grape Hammock Fish camp had couple left last week then you have Camp Mack & Thomas Landing camp ground See everyone there :thumbleft:
Bigun

HuntingBigun
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by HuntingBigun » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:32 am

papajack wrote:Team Lightheaded is planning to join the fun. Camp Mack is booked for rooms and cabins so we have a verbal reservation at Thomas Landing. If we can't get some kind of written confirmation, we are going with plan C. That is bringing the motor home with both boats and staying at Camp Mack. We will bring a supply of cubes and hatlights if anyone wants to save shipping costs by purchasing stuff at the ride. PM me if you plan to purchase while there and I will be sure to have your new light with me. Also planning to purchase the winning raffle ticket while there. Save it for me BIGUN! !!

:thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft: Love the new light it is bad a55 we got the tickets now the winning ticket I hope is in my pocket :D :D :D
Bigun

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:56 am

HuntingBigun wrote:
woods and water wrote:I think the club may have booked the ride same weekend as TCR again may make rooms hard to get again

Hard part of having ride in the spring everyone wants to come out and play boats, buggy & racers, We set dates months ago and Camp Mack had rooms till about 2 weeks ago We do have miles of shoreline for great camping and Grape Hammock Fish camp had couple left last week then you have Camp Mack & Thomas Landing camp ground See everyone there :thumbleft:
Speaking of Thomas Landing camp ground, last time I was out there, they were running water and electric to designated camp sites. There were a lot of sites; probably 40 or more (along with at least two bath houses), although nothing looked long enough to support a big rig. Just the same, it will be nice for people traveling to KCOL to have such a nice campground.
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

Hambone79
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Hambone79 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:13 pm

Speaking of Thomas Landing camp ground, last time I was out there, they were running water and electric to designated camp sites. There were a lot of sites; probably 40 or more (along with at least two bath houses), although nothing looked long enough to support a big rig. Just the same, it will be nice for people traveling to KCOL to have such a nice campground.[/quote]

Diggin you must be talking about Coleman landing or (old shady oaks) I doubt Thomas landing has that kind of work going on out there.

Scarecrow
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Scarecrow » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:24 pm

Yep I,m sure he's talking Shady Oaks, I was up there a few weeks ago and it's looking good. :thumbleft: :rebel:

In the Glades
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by In the Glades » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:31 pm

I contemplated sleeping in my truck the last time we went up to Thomas Landing. The place is in total disrepair... if you decide to stay there, show up a day early with 10 gallons of bleach and give the place a cleansing before allowing your family to sleep there
BCAHCC Member

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:40 pm

My bad. I did mean Coleman Landing. I don't know why I typed Thomas. Never even been there. Brain fart I guess.
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

BCConviber
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by BCConviber » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:58 pm

Probably stay at Mack this time, but does anyone have any ideas when the camp sites will open
at Coleman / Shady Oaks? Parked there New Years day and they look nice!

shootingtheBREEZE
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by shootingtheBREEZE » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:05 pm

60 is going to be a mad house because TCR is reopening that weekend as well. but should be a great weekend for everyone.

Scarecrow
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Scarecrow » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:09 pm

I'm not real smart------what is TCR. :dontknow: :rebel: THANKS

kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by kwanjangnihm » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:28 pm

" I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that? "

Scarecrow
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Scarecrow » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:52 pm

Learn somethin new every day. :thumbleft: :rebel:

Daddy Dave
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Daddy Dave » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:17 pm

There is another lodging option - Westgate River Ranch Resort has been significantly upgraded with all types of accomodations. They have FBO AvGas and a restaraunt on site
A I R B O A T

Anytime It Runs, Break Out Another Thousand

papajack
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by papajack » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:03 pm

In the Glades wrote:I contemplated sleeping in my truck the last time we went up to Thomas Landing. The place is in total disrepair... if you decide to stay there, show up a day early with 10 gallons of bleach and give the place a cleansing before allowing your family to sleep there
Thanks for the warning. Looks like plan C, bringing motor home and calling Camp Make for rv site.

Rooster44
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Rooster44 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:10 pm

Going!
12'6" Diamondback 520 GPU 2 Blade NGQ

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:05 pm

Back to not going. Son just informed us he has a competition that weekend. It was hard enough working around our daughter's field trip. I think the airboat gods are trying to tell me something. :lol:

jaybird24
Southern Airboat Member

Post by jaybird24 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:51 pm

Is this event Saturday only or both Saturday and Sunday?

Jay

Daddy Dave
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Daddy Dave » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:43 pm

Lots of folks are arriving early Friday mornig and are planning on riding Friday - Sunday. You can ride three days there and never run across the same grass patch.

KRVSA's gathering is Saturday. We will be there pretty early, want everyone to join - $35.00 / year / family. We want everyone to buy some tickets for the incredible sweepstakes airboat - it's an easy way to support our efforts and you just may come away the BIG Winner - lots better odds than the Florida Lottery AND the Money stays LOCAL.

Your hot lunch will be served probably starting about 11:30 - $5.00 plate for a great Uncle Johns Pride Sweet Smoked Sausage and big helping of beans. Plenty of hot good food for everyone.

Largest gathering of airboats and airboaters in the World. Come On Down / Up.
A I R B O A T

Anytime It Runs, Break Out Another Thousand

Rooster44
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Rooster44 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:50 pm

Camp mack or Thomas landing the better launch spot? Have not been to the freedom ride before so I will need directions. Lol

Hambone79
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Hambone79 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:13 pm

Camp mack is a great spot will be a longer ride but a good one. Thomas landing will Let you dry launch go North along shore line . Caint Miss it . Miles point rite before Tiger creek . Short ride from Thomas landing or just follow boats ..

Rooster44
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Rooster44 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:29 pm

I have put in at Camp Mack before so I'll probably just end up launching from there and I am sure I'll be able to follow someone to miles point from there.

barefoot69
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by barefoot69 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:32 pm

FYI If you don't have a 4X4 vehicle don't attempt to launch at Thomas Landing you will not make it down the road.

The road is in the worst shape I have ever seen it in and I have been using it for the past 30 years.
Life is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer you get to the end the faster it goes!

Return to “Airboat Talk”