South Florida Fabricator

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

South Florida Fabricator

Post by digginfool »

The engine cover that comes with the Marine Power version of the LSA leaves much to be desired. I spoke to Diamondback this morning about one of their engine covers but they use Pleasurecraft's version, which apparently is different from the Marine Power. Does anybody on here (Alumitech, Hammant, GTO,etc.) already make an engine cover for the Marine Power LSA or is there somebody that knows a fabricator in South Florida that could build one? Thanks.
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

gatorfrog2
Southern Airboat Member

Re: South Florida Fabricator

Post by gatorfrog2 »

Griffin Mobile welding an fab. Sarasota. Aka the original FADTEDDIE. 941-eight zero nine 8583. :salute:
Lycoming 0320H 3/4 alum. Custom deckover 69" Narrow Whispertip w/ SuperSlick2000

DynaMarine
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by DynaMarine »

I would think you could make the DB cover work very easily. LSA uses same bosses on the intake/supercharger regardless of who makes it be it levitator or marine power.
Shane Lavalette
President/Owner

DynaMarine Performance Boats
www.dyna-marine.com
shane@dyna-marine.com

ls1airboat
Southern Airboat Member

Post by ls1airboat »

check out some of the chevy factory engine covers.. like the corvette and camaro..they cover the whole top of the engine and coils..the brackets are real easy to make...these covers make for a real clean looking engine and protect the electronics.

DynaMarine
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by DynaMarine »

Diggin did you get the Cadillac cover or the Camaro cover with yours?
Shane Lavalette
President/Owner

DynaMarine Performance Boats
www.dyna-marine.com
shane@dyna-marine.com

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool »

Cadillac. The issue I have is MP mounts the electronics on a bracket above the intercooler housing, totally exposed.
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

BATTLE READY
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by BATTLE READY »

here
here
Here is a cover I made for my 1969 Chevelle with a LS1 in it, I made it to cover the ugly truck intake. This might give you an idea on how to fabricate yours. Richard Kirk at Custom Tank Service in Oakland Park can fabricate anything you need.

Rob

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool »

This is how my engine looks now. Having the ECM and fuse box up on top is not only unsightly, but not the best place for keeping moisture out. Need a better arrangement. Can't move bracket because harness isn't long enough. So, my only viable alternative is a cover.
Attachments
20141004_144121_resized.jpg
20141004_144105_resized.jpg

Deano
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by Deano »

Heck . . . ya only really need to cover the back of it.

The front looks pretty good like it is.

I'd leave that Cadillac logo sticking out. :lol:
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge; it has no place in the endeavor of science."
- Carl Sagan

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool »

I can claim membership to the Caddy club now. :lol:

RonE
Southern Airboat Member

Post by RonE »

We just towed a new Panther with the LSA engine from Coco to Rockport, Texas and at 80mph it looked like the engine cover was about to come off but it made the trip just fine. We looked back once in a while and although it flopped an moved some it was still secure when we got the boat home. :thumbleft:

:)
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by :) »

I agree with Deano, just make a cover to cover the fuses and such on the back.. I like the caddy cover
14 ft Combee. 4 seater, BPE 383 sb chevy, 2.09 stinger, 3 blade ww stump puller.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

SWAMPCRACKER
Southern Airboat Member

Post by SWAMPCRACKER »

Talk with my buddy Chris he owns Concept Metal Works in Sunrise.Dont have his number on hand right now but he has a website with contact info I believe.
~ WAY DOWN SOUTH IN THE EVERGLADES ~
~ WHERE THE BLACK WATER ROLLS AND THE SAWGRASS WAVES ~

Return to “Airboat Talk”