i got it bad.

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
jopete
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

i got it bad.

Post by jopete »

well, went go drive a guys 12' deckover with the angle valve 300 on it yesterday.
lets just say it drove ALOT differant then my gpu rig. lol
i am planning on getting it, even though it is impractical as hell for what i do, and my wife is gonna be chapped at me for borrowing some money.
the way i see it, u only live once, and i want to see how fast i can cross the marsh. i almost hate to get the boat, it is way too pretty for me.
i'll post up some pics if the deal works out. It's a Don Davis hull with front driver and a double seat in the rear. It flat out hauls and likes to slide. it's like driving a corvette. i am pumped up. lol

dblj006
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Re: i got it bad.

Post by dblj006 »

:occasion5:
Broke.

PAINKILLER
Southern Airboat Member

Post by PAINKILLER »

A addiction that has no cure
MATTHEW 25:35-45 LS 406 82 4bld WaterWalker falcon 2.68 ox box
LS 427 80 3 Bld WaterWalker Maximus 2.68 ox box :rebel:

alligatorplace
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by alligatorplace »

I sold my boat back in July.. It hasn't bothered me at all.. Until last Sunday am - someone launched at the ramp down the road and it was the meanest, baddest sounding thing I have ever heard. I thought is was a friend of ours River Gary and his super charged car motor boat but it wasn't.. It was a 4 cylinder AC boat and the sweetest one I have heard ever heard. I was sitting with the wife on the back porch drinking coffee. As the boat idled by and came into view she looked at me - I was smiling. I have no idea who it was and I have never seen them or the boat before. It looked like he was testing it, going slow looking at his gauges etc. After he went out of view I could smell the AV Gas as I sat there 70 feet from the canal. He took off down the main trail and it gave me the chills.

Yes, you only live once and the bottom line is if it makes you happy it should make your wife or girlfriend happy too. I am trolling the classifieds again but when I do it again - I am going to do it right and either build or buy the boat that I always wanted.

Gary S
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Gary S »

Drinking coffee on the water smelling av gas in the morning. It don't get muck better than that.

ls1airboat
Southern Airboat Member

Post by ls1airboat »

i sold my last one and it took me 5 years before it hit me again...i saved and saved then built the boat i always wanted...took me 9 months to build and it was worth every second...i wish yall all the best on your new boats. :rebel:

462kwells
Southern Airboat Member

Post by 462kwells »

Having it bad for airboats is a good thing i know how you feel on that 300 hp deckover, they are like a corvette and if you think that boat is expensive look into what a new LS3 boat will cost you and then you will know how much bang for the buck you are getting, have fun and be safe

jopete
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by jopete »

it's taking alot longer than i thought, but should be able to get the deal done this week on the deckover. Hunting season is starting, and that has priority !!!!!

Swamper470
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Swamper470 »

I know how ya feel. Can't wait to get home and crank that six cylinder harley up again lol. Working on the road gets old fast and the fishing is getting good right now too.
13' 6" Cottonmouth, 0-470-L, Sensenich 72" 3 bld H Series

KRVSA Member
http://www.krvsa.com/

Return to “Airboat Talk”