New ride evolving

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

New ride evolving

Post by newoldglory »

Over the years, I have been an air boater after trying every kind of sport machine known to man and consider it to be the nearest to the ultimate fun machine for all around activities. :cheers: I have slaughtered too many frogs and fish to account for, not to mention a few other forms of wild life. :roll: Air boats have brought me endless entertainment, cost me half the money that I made through out life and built 2 full camps in the everglades. :thumbleft: I've lost count of how many boats that I have owned but it is around ten. :? It's now time for a reform. Most of my ventures now are to go to work and occationally a frogging trip. :D The cost of fuel and the trips to get fuel are killing me so I have bought an 18' Excell boat with a mud buddy surface drive to go to work in. :toothy7: Skinny pockets went to Gainsville to get it for me and my daughter will pick it up in Kissimmee this weekend and bring it to WPB to get it registered so I may see it this coming week. :bounce: Fortunately for me, it is open sloughs all the way to the canal to the south. Never the less, I will have a glow whip and nav lites mounted high enough to be seen a half mile away. :slap: I am well aware of the dangers of small boats in air boat country and do not intend to be inspecting the bottom of an airboat. :violent1: I have 3 air boats and will be selling at least one. It will be the 6 passenger, 16" Panther with an o540/300, wood prop, all new rigging and a 2 axle trailer. As soon as I have fresh pic's, I will post it on S/A. :thumbleft:

:proud: :old_glory: :usa: :florida: :rebel:
To open ones eyes, you must let them see!

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

skinnypockets
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Re: New ride evolving

Post by skinnypockets »

I'll take the credit for handling the money and buying the boat but Stevereid gets credit for driving up and towing the boat back to St Cloud. Normally that wouldn't be a big deal, however it rained hard on us all the way up and back, many times we could barely see the road. On the way back i thought we were going to have to use the mudboat to tow the truck.

Fortunately Steve has logged quite a few miles as a trucker and his experience paid off. Sure glad he was driving! :thumbleft:

Looking forward to seeing Cindy and her husband this week.

:rebel: :florida: :old_glory:
I'VE DONE SO MUCH WITH SO LITTLE FOR SO LONG, I CAN DO ANYTHING WITH NOTHING!

13.6 Alumitec, 350 Chevy, Rotator Gearbox and 6 Blade Warp Drive

Birddog247
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Birddog247 »

newoldglory wrote:Over the years, I have been an air boater after trying every kind of sport machine known to man and consider it to be the nearest to the ultimate fun machine for all around activities. :cheers: I have slaughtered too many frogs and fish to account for, not to mention a few other forms of wild life. :roll: Air boats have brought me endless entertainment, cost me half the money that I made through out life and built 2 full camps in the everglades. :thumbleft: I've lost count of how many boats that I have owned but it is around ten. :? It's now time for a reform. Most of my ventures now are to go to work and occationally a frogging trip. :D The cost of fuel and the trips to get fuel are killing me so I have bought an 18' Excell boat with a mud buddy surface drive to go to work in. :toothy7: Skinny pockets went to Gainsville to get it for me and my daughter will pick it up in Kissimmee this weekend and bring it to WPB to get it registered so I may see it this coming week. :bounce: Fortunately for me, it is open sloughs all the way to the canal to the south. Never the less, I will have a glow whip and nav lites mounted high enough to be seen a half mile away. :slap: I am well aware of the dangers of small boats in air boat country and do not intend to be inspecting the bottom of an airboat. :violent1: I have 3 air boats and will be selling at least one. It will be the 6 passenger, 16" Panther with an o540/300, wood prop, all new rigging and a 2 axle trailer. As soon as I have fresh pic's, I will post it on S/A. :thumbleft:

Summary; I've spent half my money on camps, airboats, and frogging. The other half I wasted! [FROG FACE]
:proud: :old_glory: :usa: :florida: :rebel:
12ft Palm Beach
stock 350sbc
2.1 gear/80"NGR

"Save a tree; eat a beaver"!

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by newoldglory »

In the process of buying a surface drive boat, my computer was down. I was compelled to buy the best deal that I knew of at that time. I may have spent a lot more than necessary because I did not know that Lamar Cox had found a deal for me. If any one is interested in duck boats etc. contact Lamar at Florida Mud Motors in Melborne Fla., 321 243 1035. The 4 people that I talked to here at Sawgrass with mud drives all knew Lamar and had the best to say about him. He went out of his way to help me, he's that kind of guy. :thumbleft:

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

getchasumairboats
Southern Airboat Member

Post by getchasumairboats »

How many hp did u get ? I have been kicking around the idea of getting one.
http://WWW.USFTH.COM where the weak are killed and eaten !!!!!

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by newoldglory »

getchasumairboats wrote:How many hp did u get ? I have been kicking around the idea of getting one.
23 plus. Not sure yet, it's been jacked up.

skinnypockets
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by skinnypockets »

newoldglory wrote:
getchasumairboats wrote:How many hp did u get ? I have been kicking around the idea of getting one.
23 plus. Not sure yet, it's been jacked up.
It's a V44, (44 H.P.)
:rebel: :florida: :old_glory:
I'VE DONE SO MUCH WITH SO LITTLE FOR SO LONG, I CAN DO ANYTHING WITH NOTHING!

13.6 Alumitec, 350 Chevy, Rotator Gearbox and 6 Blade Warp Drive

Gangreen
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Gangreen »

Glory I have guys here in St Cloud that have the boat you are trying to put together. They run Mud Buddy style boats and jump hills and roads with them. If you have questions let me know.

Cowboy Rock
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by Cowboy Rock »

Sounds like a good idea Gerald,,, I have a 15 ft Gheeneo and i am wanting to put a 10 hp Mud Motor on it,,, We think alike my old friend,,,

Slide safe my friends,,,

Cowboy
Wet Dreams Too,,,

14 ft. Panther,,, 370ci SBC, 72 in Whirlwind Whispertip, Line-X-350 X bottom,,,

"Full bloodied Dog hunting man"

Dry Branch, Ga.

Thats how I roll,,,

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by newoldglory »

It's here! Got a few problems with the trim but runs great. Now to customize it to my specks. I have 2 batteries and a Tracker 30 troll motor but need the mount to install it on the boat. If any one close by has one or a complete rig, please let me know. I will be making a cover for the engine today. I believe that one of the relays in the handle is bad since I can raise/lower the engine by emergency jumping. If any one has a 5 prong relay and is coming my way, please bring it with you.

FlatsFisher
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by FlatsFisher »

I have both, and each have their place...you'll really enjoy the fuel savings, and ease of maintenance.

chevy01
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by chevy01 »

Image they are a blast I have both an airboat and mudboat as long as you are on a plane you can go threw a few inches of water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11'6 bigbad custom lycoming 0340 straight valve

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by newoldglory »

chevy01 wrote:Image they are a blast I have both an airboat and mudboat as long as you are on a plane you can go threw a few inches of water

I like you're collapsible tarp. I've been thinking as to how I can do that with mine. Is your's store bought? PS, you might want to fix that broken lite. :lol: :lol:
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by newoldglory »

I almost got the engine cover done today but life got in the way. My new problem is that my frogging boat is now in town and I need to find some one to do the many repairs and upgrades that is way past due. AND, I'm down to maybe 7 pounds of frog legs and am chomping at the bit to go frogging. My problem is that I only have the recon boat here and it loves fuel so it will be very expensive for a night out. Not to mention that it was not set up properly for frogging. :(

flcracker9
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by flcracker9 »

[quote) I have 2 batteries and a Tracker 30 troll motor but need the mount to install it on the boat. If any one close by has one or a complete rig, please let me know.[/quote]

Gerald, not sure what type of mount you are looking for? I have a Motor Guide Great White (salt water) bow mount folding bracket (actually have the whole trolling motor assembly but the plastic head on the shaft is broke, but it still runs, it's 24v) that you are welcome to? Let me know if you're interested.
Kevin
12' Open Palm Beach, IO-0470-L 260hp, 72" NGQ

chevy01
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by chevy01 »

yea light is fixed. no the blind is home made out of conduit still working on the blind material.
11'6 bigbad custom lycoming 0340 straight valve

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by newoldglory »

flcracker9 wrote:[quote) I have 2 batteries and a Tracker 30 troll motor but need the mount to install it on the boat. If any one close by has one or a complete rig, please let me know.

Gerald, not sure what type of mount you are looking for? I have a Motor Guide Great White (salt water) bow mount folding bracket (actually have the whole trolling motor assembly but the plastic head on the shaft is broke, but it still runs, it's 24v) that you are welcome to? Let me know if you're interested.
Kevin[/quote]
The brackets are different but if you have it all, I can order parts on line. Please PM me you're # and I will have Randy (son in law) contact you. He lives close to you. Thanks

flcracker9
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by flcracker9 »

Sent you a pm
Kevin

SteveReid
Site Supporter - VII
Site Supporter - VII

Post by SteveReid »

It ain't going to take Gerald long to get to work now..... https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=74 ... =2&theater

Birddog247
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Birddog247 »

SteveReid wrote:It ain't going to take Gerald long to get to work now..... https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=74 ... =2&theater
If he's able to hold on! Holy shit I thought my boat was fast
12ft Palm Beach
stock 350sbc
2.1 gear/80"NGR

"Save a tree; eat a beaver"!

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by newoldglory »

I've got two days off and was able to work on the "MUDDER". Turns out that there is another breaker behind the starter that controls the tilt. I called Mudbuddy in Utah and was able to talk to a real human being that knew what he was talking about. With in 2 minutes he solved my problem. I would think that they would have located the breaker in an open area where it could be seen. But then, that's just my way of thinking.

flcracker9
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by flcracker9 »

Kevin[/quote]
The brackets are different but if you have it all, I can order parts on line. Please PM me you're # and I will have Randy (son in law) contact you. He lives close to you. Thanks[/quote]

Gerald, if anyone is heading your way (Fri, Sat or Sun), I could drop off that trolling motor if you're still interested? Only reason I'm looking for company is I'm not that familiar with 2a. I did GPS New Old Glory when I went out on the Heroes Trail Ride. If you know of anyone going and you're still interested, pm me.
Kevin

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by newoldglory »

Been a spell, due to work and other events but I finally got the troll motor mounted and running. I was not able to get the Great White to run but it turns out that the mount will accept the Tracker 30 That I had. So with a few alterations, I was able to take it out for some bass fishing. I have other parts on order for the engine and should have them by the week end. My glow whip and navigational lite will be mounted on top of a pole 10' above the deck so if I get run over and sent to hell, it won't be my fault. Because of the troll motor, I will have to figure out what to do about the lean rails on the left side for the bow fishing. I need a connector for the nav. lites and now to look for the LED lights for the bow. I'm thinking that some one on S/A sells those. I'm looking for something like a 4" by 20". I'll know it when I see it and I believe that I will need 4 of them. Maybe some one will chime in and save me some time.

oleman
Southern Airboat Member

Post by oleman »

PM papajack or peariverpossum
This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24
13x7 F/G Airgator, sbc DD

flcracker9
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by flcracker9 »

newoldglory wrote:Been a spell, due to work and other events but I finally got the troll motor mounted and running. I was not able to get the Great White to run but it turns out that the mount will accept the Tracker 30 That I had. So with a few alterations, I was able to take it out for some bass fishing. I have other parts on order for the engine and should have them by the week end. My glow whip and navigational lite will be mounted on top of a pole 10' above the deck so if I get run over and sent to hell, it won't be my fault. Because of the troll motor, I will have to figure out what to do about the lean rails on the left side for the bow fishing. I need a connector for the nav. lites and now to look for the LED lights for the bow. I'm thinking that some one on S/A sells those. I'm looking for something like a 4" by 20". I'll know it when I see it and I believe that I will need 4 of them. Maybe some one will chime in and save me some time.

Glad you were able to at least use the mount. Good luck with your new ride!
Kevin

Return to “Airboat Talk”