South Florida Freedom Riders

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

South Florida Freedom Riders

Post by digginfool » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:44 pm

Who all is going to the Freedom Ride from South Florida?
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

DDSBC
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Re: South Florida Freedom Riders

Post by DDSBC » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:20 pm

I'll be headed up to Camp Mack's motel in the morning and leaving Sunday morning.
Micah Smith

BCAHCC, KRVSA and lifetime NRA member
12x7 Diamondback w/ rivited on poly, double rear driver double front passenger, full cage, 285 hp IO-520 swingin a 74" Whirl Wind Whisper Tip.

jagerbomb
Southern Airboat Member

Post by jagerbomb » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:24 pm

I'm leaving in the am , will be at camp mack by noon
there is a big group of us , i think about 15 boats

loudmouse
Southern Airboat Member

Post by loudmouse » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:29 pm

I know not from South Florida but there is 4 or 5 of us coming from Ocala. Will be my first trip to the area. Looking forward to meeting some other airboaters... :salute:
15' Alumitech deckover LSX TT Oxbox 84" JX 4-blade
Gas required Water optional :dontknow:
Built and Tuned by Me
14'X8' JW, Chevrolet 122CID LNF Turbo Engine, Ox box, 80" NGR 3 blade

Life is short, eat your dessert first! :downtown:

bwright
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by bwright » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:12 am

Headed that way after work loaded up and sitting on go will have a fire at Camp Tiger tonight that's for sure :D

Looking forward to seeing everybody tomorrow as for the boys down south a lot of them have Buggys and very seldom get to use them, I predict it will be 50-50 going up the North paved trails today. Looks like both sides of HWY 60 is going to be crowded hope everyone is safe and has fun the weather looks to be awesome
Last edited by bwright on Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Palm Beach open hull, full grass rake, conduit rigging, up stack I0540, swinging A Q series 72', single rudder / old school

"You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life"

Winston Churchill.

tdarr
Southern Airboat Member

Post by tdarr » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:24 am

Heading up in morning. Putting in a Shady Oaks around 9 to 9:30.

BCConviber
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by BCConviber » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:06 am

Not really south Florida.. Well, considering I work in Pompano, I guess. I was supposed to be
off today and headed to Mack, but that didn't happen. :evil:

I will be hauling butt up the Turnpike after work to Ft. Pierce, jump in my other truck that is already hooked & loaded and be rolling into the motel hopefully about 8:00 pm tonight. See y'all there. You going to be around this weekend Diggin? I'll be riding with JP again.

RDH0540
Southern Airboat Member

Post by RDH0540 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:10 am

1st year I've missed.......Got to work this weekend dammit! All my buddies arrived last night at camp for the weekend. Be safe and watch those trails!
Randy Hodges
RDH Airparts & Fabrication LLC.
Fort Myers, Florida
(239) 872-0772
"Pround Member"
KRVSA
Palm Beach hull with air ride pushed by a Lycoming 300!

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:27 am

BCConviber wrote:Not really south Florida.. Well, considering I work in Pompano, I guess. I was supposed to be
off today and headed to Mack, but that didn't happen. :evil:

I will be hauling butt up the Turnpike after work to Ft. Pierce, jump in my other truck that is already hooked & loaded and be rolling into the motel hopefully about 8:00 pm tonight. See y'all there. You going to be around this weekend Diggin? I'll be riding with JP again.
Yep. It truly was a last second turn around; I had already resigned myself to not going this year. My mother-in-law wanted to come spend time this weekend with the grandkids so all of us adults are heading up to the Freedom Ride and leaving Granny with the kiddies. Supposed to meet up with JP, Steve Reid, Elevator Guy and our buddy Nick from Withlacoochee area, DDSBC and you! ;) I think skinnypockets will be out there as well as quite a few others I've gotten to know. We're staying at River Ranch in the RV park.
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

justin m
Southern Airboat Member

Post by justin m » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:32 am

Planned on going but Work is'nt gonna let me go this time :banghead: Y'all be safe and stay warm
A/V 540 on a 13ft Navigator hull, swingin a 72" 2 blade WW signature series. Go boat, not a show boat.

Return to “Airboat Talk”