What a fine afternoon!

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

What a fine afternoon!

Post by Olf Art » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:09 am

On Tuesday of this week I had the pleasure of being invited over to visit the prop building facility of Water Walker in Lake Wales. FL.
Both Dave Moser (plumcrazy) and Mr. David Wine, the man who was the first to develop and build a carbon fiber propeller that was
specifically designed for airboats, gave me a tour of their shop and then we all went out for a great BBQ lunch.

I'm not an engineer, but I understand when I'm looking at something being built where all of the things that add up to a top quality piece have been considered. After watching the care that the boys at Water Walker use when they assemble a new prop from all of it's carbon fiber sheets, and before they put the new blade in a specially built, heated press to cure, every step of the way is done with the idea of producing the toughest high performance product possible, and at the best possible price.

The next time you're thinking about trying a new prop on you're rig, give Plum a call .... he has years of experience running airboats,
and he'll be happy to talk with you about what he thinks you should try. They're fine people, they manufacture a great propeller, and
their customer support is second to none.
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

Gary S
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Re: What a fine afternoon!

Post by Gary S » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:32 am

And what about the BBQ,we need details!

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Post by scrambletown » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:53 am

Gary S wrote:And what about the BBQ,we need details!
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

bwright
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by bwright » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:05 am

Gary S wrote:And what about the BBQ,we need details!
I would like to hear more about the barbecue joint to seeing how I have a camp 10 minutes from there, I'm going up there this weekend would love to hear a bout the barbecue joint how was it
Palm Beach open hull, full grass rake, conduit rigging, up stack I0540, swinging A Q series 72', single rudder / old school

"You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life"

Winston Churchill.

radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by radtech » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:08 am

:thumbright:

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Olf Art » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:08 am

OK. One more thing. After I've made this post and sufficient time has passed for most of you to see it, I'm asking that
Whitebear or Rick take it down in it's entirety.

I initially made this post in an effort to inform everyone of what a fine operation Plum and Water Walker have going on
over there in Lake Wales, Fl. I was trying to help them promote their contribution to the airboat industry here in our
State by telling all of you that I'd seen first-hand the quality that they put into their props, and what a nice group of folks
I thought they were .... certainly worthy of your consideration the next time you're thinking of buying a new prop for your boat.

So far, the comments have been all about where we ate BBQ for lunch. That's beyond pathetic. That's just plain ol' rude,
not to me, but to Water Walker.

Rick, Whitebear: Please let this answer from me soak for a few hours, and then kill this thread entirely. It appears that I've
grossly over-estimated the things that most of the readers of this site think are important.

Gary S
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Gary S » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:33 am

I am sorry for any disrespect that I may have shown to you, and or Plum and Water Walker. I can see where I got the conversation going in the wrong direction with what was supposed to be a little humor.
With that said I do envy your tour of the facilities as I have always wondered how the blades were built. From your description I can visualize what the process is. It is amazing how they take sheets of carbon fiber and turn it into the fine product that they manufacture.

happy harold
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by happy harold » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:18 am

I too am amazed at the tour at their shop seeing the props take shape like magic. thanks water walker

Deano
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by Deano » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:12 am

I to, envy your tour of their facilities.
I have some blades that I want them to take a look at, but have not got that far yet.
I can not imagine getting any better Customer Service from anybody than I have got from them.
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge; it has no place in the endeavor of science."
- Carl Sagan

CNB INC.
Southern Airboat Member

Post by CNB INC. » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:14 am

Well well well sounds like to me someone is pretty thin skinned. And a little paranoid. I'm pretty sure I can say no one was trying to insult them or put their company down. OLF art must not be from around here . Because if he was he would've known everyone in the lake Wales, Haines city area knows plum crazy and Mr. David wine . And truly respects both of them and the water Walker products . I personally run water walker props on three of my boats . And one of my boats I bought off David wine , it was his Aluma tech boat that Raymond built to his particular specs and dimensions just so he could test out props that his company built . He called this boat the blue ox . So what I'm trying to say is we all know who he is and how good he is at what he does. So when people are joking around about barbecue and lunch don't take it for granite that we are making fun of plum crazy or David wine or the water Walker product because were not. They were joking ! So OLF ART get over it you were wrong to think that we would ever disrespect a small local business in our area that we've grown up with and used for many years. Now I will ask you again where is that barbecue place and what's it called ???

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Olf Art » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:42 am

CNB INC. wrote:Well well well sounds like to me someone is pretty thin skinned. And a little paranoid ....... Now I will ask you again where is that barbecue place and what's it called ???
I may be 'thin skinned', but I'm not stupid. If Plum is such a big buddy of yours then you need to ask him where we ate.
It'll give you two old friends an oppportunity to catch up on the latest news! :wink:

CNB INC.
Southern Airboat Member

Post by CNB INC. » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:40 pm

:lol: See that's exactly what I mean OLF art . You're just angry at the world for some reason. Myself and others we didn't really care about the barbecue lunch we were just trying to have a little bit of light humor in our conversation . It's sad that you got bent out of shape over something as petty as this . Well I think i will take a nap now I just had a very big lunch at Sonny's barbecue . :old_glory:

Return to “Airboat Talk”