Newbie needs advice

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
Txmallymurker
Southern Airboat Member

Newbie needs advice

Post by Txmallymurker »

I am wondering what this hull is worth. Not sure of the brand but it is 16ft long, 18 and change to end of grass take, 7 1/2 wide. Has 7/16 poly on bottom with spray rig and nozzles in hull also is set up for winch.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg

akblackdawg
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Re: Newbie needs advice

Post by akblackdawg »

before you can estimate value, you need to examine the bottom first, with a bare hull like that, easiest to flip it over, put a strait edge from transom forward several feet, look for any gaps between the hull and the straight edge. if dented in, especially close to the transom, it is what we call a hook, and will cause the nose to dig down in the water, and create handling problems. can still be fixed, but lots of work. Bud
:alaska: If you ain't living on the edge, you're taking up to much space.

15x8 Alumatech hull, with enclosed cab, aluminum cage, LS 3, 6.2 aluminum block ffi, 2.7 Balistic Box, sensinich superwide 3 blade. Built for year around riding in Alaska

Txmallymurker
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Txmallymurker »

Thanks I will check that out! Either way if it is straight what is it worth est.

rotator75
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by rotator75 »

Better have lots of cubic inches to push that barge,I wouldn't invest a lot in it there lots other hulls on the market unless your wanting to push a bulldozer around.JMO :)

Txmallymurker
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Txmallymurker »

Plan was a 454 with belt reduction and biggest blade I can fit on it... I'm needing it to run dry. Am I just pretty much out of luck with a boat like this?

Txmallymurker
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Txmallymurker »

I was fixing some of this guys equipment and cut him a deal on it. He just popped of and said he would sell me this hull for 1000.... Said its a 2006 and the only reason it's sitting there is they bought a shorter boat to replace it because a 350 wouldnt push it. Thought it sounded like a sweet deal to me but like I said I am a newb so what do I know lol

shiggs
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by shiggs »

I would jump on it for that! Put a BB on it like you planned or an LS and you would be in business.

Txmallymurker
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Txmallymurker »

I looked around and can't find a hull exactly like this for sale so I have no clue what it's worth but I thought 1000 sounded fair. Bbc or Ls seems to be everyone's answer guess I'll have to figure out which one. Then move on to belt drive and prop

akblackdawg
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by akblackdawg »

look on the outside of the transom, rear right hand upper corner, should be some letters and numbers stamped in, will tell mfg and last two numbers should be the year built, I'm thinking panther or gator. Bud
:alaska: If you ain't living on the edge, you're taking up to much space.

15x8 Alumatech hull, with enclosed cab, aluminum cage, LS 3, 6.2 aluminum block ffi, 2.7 Balistic Box, sensinich superwide 3 blade. Built for year around riding in Alaska

Txmallymurker
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Txmallymurker »

Someone told me it was a pathfinder but I'm not sure

Everglades_Rebel
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Everglades_Rebel »

It mainly depends on who made the hull, how old it is and it's overall condition. If you know anyone who knows about that kinda stuff they might know a bit more and give you a price.
:rebel: 2013 14x8 Diamondback Ultra Lite Hull, 400HP hopped up SBC, 2.38 Stinger Gear Box, 3 blade Sensenich 80' inch prop :rebel:

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security, will deserve neither and lose both"

CactusJack
Southern Airboat Member

Post by CactusJack »

For a grand, sounds like a steal ..... Offer him $800 anyway :wink: as long as it is solid and no hooks that cant be jacked out :D
I was told I was wrong, once (not sure I believe it though)
If you can't blind 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with BS
Airboat experience so far, limited to having bolted a gyrocopter to a flat bottom punt.... but THAT.... is about to change, bigtime :-)

shiggs
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by shiggs »

Txmallymurker wrote:Someone told me it was a pathfinder but I'm not sure
I think I may have typed Pathfinder in the PM to you. I meant Pathmaker. Pathmaker airboats are made by the LA company Airboat Transportation Inc.

AIRBOAT TRANSPORTATION,INC
http://www.airboat-transportation.com
204 Sandra Street
Berwick, LA 70342
Phone: (985) 384-7531

21DiamondB
Southern Airboat Member

Post by 21DiamondB »

Im with Shiggs on this. It does look like a Pathmaker, and the BBC or LS are the way to go with that hull. You can't go wrong for $1000. I'd still offer him $800.
-------- 16.5 x 8 Diamondback - 632ci - Oxbox 2. 55 - Sensenich 5-Blade JX---------

GeeLeDouche
Southern Airboat Member

Post by GeeLeDouche »

Agreed. That looks like a smoking deal for 1K!
16x8 Utah style hull With a Waterthunder motor W/ 2.3 CH3 reduction swinging a 3 blade 78" R.
&
17-51 Legend craft w/pods pushed by a MB HD7000

RJC5778
Southern Airboat Member

Post by RJC5778 »

path maker is out of Berwick la, which is on the transom in faded letters, 7/16 poly is heavy, prolly an old seismograph work boat from south la, better plan on big big hp and swing a big prop to get that thing to run dry, heard through the grapevine they don't run to well, but hell for 1000 for a hull and bottom, id get it and put a big bbc and high reduc and big blades and let her eat, def a bullet proof boat if not all dented on the bottom, it can be fixed, just time and patience and some $$$$....

Return to “Airboat Talk”