Valkaria Outside Pump

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
SouthRiver
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Valkaria Outside Pump

Post by SouthRiver » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:49 pm

Just wondering if anyone knew when they plan on fixing the outside pump? It was really convenient to use since it was just around the corner. It has been out of service for several months now. I know they have the small gate that we can use when the main gate is not open, but it’s nice to just pump gas right into the boat.
"It is what it is......and...... "Everything happens for a reason, whether you like it or not......."
New boat is in the works..............
BCAA Member
N.R.A. Lifetime Member

coopb6
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Valkaria Outside Pump

Post by coopb6 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:28 pm

I heard there not fixing it any time soon which is stupid. I liked the 24 hour access. I bet there loosing a ton of $$ by being lazy and not fixing it

signcoc43
Southern Airboat Member

Post by signcoc43 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:49 am

Actually called the office to see if I could get an access card but you have to have a hanger out there. There waiting on the funding to redo the whole pump system which is a couple months out then it goes to bid. So we probably won't see an outside pump till late this year ot early next.... :violent1:
12 foot hamant fuel injected pe-90 520 conversion swinging a 68" ngq!!
" Yes my boat is slow!!!"

gyrocopter582
Southern Airboat Member
Location: 3/4 mile due east of the north tip of Lake Washington, Melbourne Florida.

Post by gyrocopter582 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:31 am

Signoc is exactly right on everything. I'm there everyday at my shop, and Steve, or Adam are in the office during business hours.
They can let you in to get gas inside the fence.
"Amaze your friends, annoy your neighbors"

SouthRiver
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by SouthRiver » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:22 pm

Thanks everyone. Sucks to hear about the pumps being out for so long. As long as the side gate stays open, that's better than nothing. The convenience of having the airport so close is awesome.
"It is what it is......and...... "Everything happens for a reason, whether you like it or not......."
BCAA Member
N.R.A. Lifetime Member

SouthRiver
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by SouthRiver » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:52 pm

Figured I would ask about this again, does anyone have any info on this? The outside pump has been down for about a year now. Last I heard they were going to move the inside pump to the outside and install a new one for the planes.
BCAA Member
N.R.A. Lifetime Member

pontoon outlaw
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by pontoon outlaw » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:53 pm

:scratch: just got gas from there last week, doesn't look like their going to fix it any time in this generation :slap: I worked on 524 last week and had to haul butt to get there before 5 when they close the small gate, really sucks but, hell it's still the best price around, since they stopped selling it at the Bauer place at the Melbourne Airport, I get It for 8 dollars cheaper than what they were selling it when I get 4 gallons :)

SouthRiver
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by SouthRiver » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:24 am

Damn that really sucks. It was nice while it lasted I guess. Thanks for the feedback.
BCAA Member
N.R.A. Lifetime Member

ReelCracker
Southern Airboat Member

Post by ReelCracker » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:37 pm

F.I.T. aviation @ Melbourne airport is open 7 days a week 9-5pm.

Bonefish
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Bonefish » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:12 pm

pontoon outlaw wrote::scratch: just got gas from there last week, doesn't look like their going to fix it any time in this generation :slap: I worked on 524 last week and had to haul butt to get there before 5 when they close the small gate, really sucks but, hell it's still the best price around, since they stopped selling it at the Bauer place at the Melbourne Airport, I get It for 8 dollars cheaper than what they were selling it when I get 4 gallons :)
:cheers:

It can't get any easier that Glover

Return to “Airboat Talk”