FYI: Boat ramp to close at 40 Mile Bend for repairs

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

FYI: Boat ramp to close at 40 Mile Bend for repairs

Postby digginfool » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:45 am

The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) will be repairing the boat ramp at 40 Mile Bend, near the S-12-A structure, in Miami-Dade County. This boat ramp provides access to the Everglades and Francis S. Taylor Wildlife Management Area.

The boat ramp will be closed to public use while the FWC repairs the ramp. The FWC anticipates the closure to last one week, March 17 – March 24.

In the meantime, people should use boat ramps east of 40 Mile Bend. A map of these boat ramps is available online. Go to MyFWC.com/Boating and select “Boat Ramps & Access.” After clicking on “Public Boat Ramp Finder,” select “Map a County,” and then “Miami-Dade” from drop-down options.
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

Everglades_Rebel
Southern Airboat Member

Re: FYI: Boat ramp to close at 40 Mile Bend for repairs

Postby Everglades_Rebel » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:12 am

Well this isn't good news for Spring break. If you are going to be down in Area 3 this weekend could we maybe follow you? I've never been down that way. If you can't I totally understand. If not is there any map or trails to follow to places like the cross?

-Rebel
:rebel: 2013 14x8 Diamondback Ultra Lite Hull, 400HP hopped up SBC, 2.38 Stinger Gear Box, 3 blade Sensenich 80' inch prop :rebel:

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security, will deserve neither and lose both"

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby digginfool » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:45 am

TTT
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

Superduty88
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Superduty88 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:13 am

That's a bummer I was planning to use it Monday whats the closet ramp to that one any suggestions?
12x8 Aluminum deckover step with a LS2 2.37 rotator 78 3blade R
11x7 Aluminum sled fresh 0435 6 blade warp

DDSBC
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby DDSBC » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:36 am

I believe there is another ramp about 6 miles east of the one that's being closed for repair. I've never used this other ramp though. The one they are repairing gets very interesting to launch from when the water gets low so hopefully we have a better ramp coming after the repair.
Micah Smith

BCAHCC, KRVSA and lifetime NRA member
12x7 Diamondback w/ rivited on poly, double rear driver double front passenger, full cage, 285 hp IO-520 swingin a 74" Whirl Wind Whisper Tip.

aherr520
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby aherr520 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:25 pm

does anyone know if there is water on the south side of the trail? I'm coming down next week thrusday and hope to do some fishing
aaof member

jimmyflfr
Southern Airboat Member

Postby jimmyflfr » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:15 pm

I rode there today from the Hilton area and plenty of water. The ramp is blocked by rope and a fwc truck was there with nobody doing any work. There was an airboat tour truck and trailer there in the water right next to the ramp so I think possibly people could launch there if fwc isn't working Monday

Return to “Airboat Talk”