One Hell of a Ride

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
Post Reply
Cool Bean
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:58 pm
Location: Tamarac FL

One Hell of a Ride

Post by Cool Bean »

Well here goes. About a year ago I walked into JB airboat and ordered a hull and rigging. I was told by a few people that they take there time to do things but didn't expect it to take a year. It has been 12 months and still don't have a hull from them . I have had to cancel on them on the rigging due to the circumstances. There is a hull in the back of the shop that I have been told is mine but it's still not even close to being done . Drove up this past Friday and saw a rigging next to the hull That was for a four cylinder. I left with the feeling that the hull that was promised to me might be for someone else . I will say this much both Josh and Jerry seem to be very apologetic about the time frame. And I understand that things can go wrong but don't know what to do . My little girl asks me every day when will we be able to go out on the airboat . It's hard to explain to a three year old that I think dad has been taken advantage of . I was wondering if anybody else is on the same wild ride I'm on . Or what can I do to get off this ride . I have asked for my money back and was told that could not happen. Here is a picture of the hull
Attachments
IMG_34961.jpg

User avatar
Deano
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V
Posts: 4566
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:16 am
Location: Inverness, FL

Re: One Hell of a Ride

Post by Deano »

Seems like someone else here had a similar experience a while back. (maybe JAMES?)

Searching on here for that scenario may or may not help. :dontknow:
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge; it has no place in the endeavor of science."
- Carl Sagan

Sniper25
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:02 pm
Location: Cocoa

Re: One Hell of a Ride

Post by Sniper25 »

Yeah. I did have the same problem. It took them a year to re build my motor. And after I did get it back it started to fall apart after only 15 hrs. I had to go up there every week and hound them to get it done. Only to hear every excuse in the book. I tried to give them the benifit of a doubt bc they have been around for so long and they are the local small buisness guys. But in the end it was a horrible experience, and in the end I had to pay someone else to re build the motor again. I'm not one to bash people publicly like this. But I hate seeing other people go through the same problems I had. The way I see it, you paid them for a hull. They have one there. Tell them that you are takeing that hull since they won't give you your money back.
14' Laser / 520 Cont.
Losing faith in humanity one person at a time!!!

krazymatt
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:08 pm
Location: Cocoa

Re: One Hell of a Ride

Post by krazymatt »


Gary S
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I
Posts: 1658
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:30 pm
Location: Redlands

Re: One Hell of a Ride

Post by Gary S »

Might be time to talk to a lawyer. You have anything in writing?

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III
Posts: 2975
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:38 am
Location: Naturecoast, Florida

Re: One Hell of a Ride

Post by SWAMPHUNTER45 »

Totally unacceptable this builder should refund your money and move on.

This dont pass the SWAMP smell test!

Cool Bean
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:58 pm
Location: Tamarac FL

Re: One Hell of a Ride

Post by Cool Bean »

Yes I do have a receipt . But a lawyer will cost me a lot of money that I don't have . I sold a hull and saved some money just . To build the hull . Looks like I may need to start to save again .

User avatar
farmboy
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:20 pm
Location: Belle Glade . FL

Re: One Hell of a Ride

Post by farmboy »

Cool Bean wrote:Well here goes. About a year ago I walked into JB airboat and ordered a hull and rigging. I was told by a few people that they take there time to do things but didn't expect it to take a year. It has been 12 months and still don't have a hull from them . I have had to cancel on them on the rigging due to the circumstances. There is a hull in the back of the shop that I have been told is mine but it's still not even close to being done . Drove up this past Friday and saw a rigging next to the hull That was for a four cylinder. I left with the feeling that the hull that was promised to me might be for someone else . I will say this much both Josh and Jerry seem to be very apologetic about the time frame. And I understand that things can go wrong but don't know what to do . My little girl asks me every day when will we be able to go out on the airboat . It's hard to explain to a three year old that I think dad has been taken advantage of . I was wondering if anybody else is on the same wild ride I'm on . Or what can I do to get off this ride . I have asked for my money back and was told that could not happen. Here is a picture of the hull
Don't feel bad Fabain they still haven't made that deal with me right yet... And that's been a couple weeks shy of a year and a half. Now there not in my pocket as bad as they are in yours but it's still bad to do people like that. Josh is VERY good at saying he's sorry and making excuses for why the jobs not done but the problem is he never makes good on it. I've heard count less I'm sorry' and I'm gonna give your money back but to me actions speak louder than words... Days are counting down before I drive up there to his house or shop cause I'm not letting no one just take my hard earned money. I hope it all works out for you :salute:
14ft JB Hull,Lycoming GSO480 w/water-meth injection,Sensenich 3-blade "R",ButtRaxx seats,B&S Trailer.

Member of Glades Airboat & Buggy Association / Kissimmee River Valley Sportsman Association

User avatar
farmboy
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:20 pm
Location: Belle Glade . FL

Re: One Hell of a Ride

Post by farmboy »

Sniper25 wrote:Yeah. I did have the same problem. It took them a year to re build my motor. And after I did get it back it started to fall apart after only 15 hrs. I had to go up there every week and hound them to get it done. Only to hear every excuse in the book. I tried to give them the benifit of a doubt bc they have been around for so long and they are the local small buisness guys. But in the end it was a horrible experience, and in the end I had to pay someone else to re build the motor again. I'm not one to bash people publicly like this. But I hate seeing other people go through the same problems I had. The way I see it, you paid them for a hull. They have one there. Tell them that you are takeing that hull since they won't give you your money back.
I'm with you i don't like to bash people on the Internet but I hate see more people get screwed. Every excuse in the book is a understatement... :lol: I've heard um all for sure....
14ft JB Hull,Lycoming GSO480 w/water-meth injection,Sensenich 3-blade "R",ButtRaxx seats,B&S Trailer.

Member of Glades Airboat & Buggy Association / Kissimmee River Valley Sportsman Association

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 4448
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:16 pm
Location: SCRAMBLETOWN, FL

Re: One Hell of a Ride

Post by scrambletown »

I had the same experience with the one and only new boat and rigging from a dealer!!!!!!!!!!!!!
took 8 months and the boat was a piece of crap!!!!!!
was never so glad when it went down the road-and oh what a money bath I took.....
I have sence built 2 boats both alumiteck's.
ordered the boats from STEVE. STEVE and RAMOND we're a real pleasure to deal with, time frame perfect, good product excellent!!!!!
had the rigging done my way
engine built my way.
NEVER-NEVER-NEVER-NEVER-NEVER I can't say that enough NEVER-NEVER------PRE-PAY FOR A BOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ONCE THEY HAVE YOUR MONEY YOUR PUT ON BACK BURNER!!!!
-----------------------REAL PLEASED WITH ALUMITECK-------------------
:thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft:
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

Cool Bean
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:58 pm
Location: Tamarac FL

Re: One Hell of a Ride

Post by Cool Bean »

I am definitely not try to bash anybody. I have to agree with you Kevin we all work hard for our money and should get what we have been promised . But looks like maybe they see other wise. One more thing I am wondering I have seen the same boats in there from a year ago . All at various stages in there build . Who else is in there with me and How long have you been There . The sad thing is that when do you say when and take other measures.

Cmcintosh721
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:40 pm

Re: One Hell of a Ride

Post by Cmcintosh721 »

I paid for my hull upfront with alumitech when I went to pick it up I owed less then 10 % and they still had me out the door a wk and half ahead of what they told me hands down great experience

User avatar
justin m
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:07 am
Location: Clewiston Fl

Re: One Hell of a Ride

Post by justin m »

Sorry about what's happening to you with your boat. If it's been a year and they have nothing to show for it and won't give you your money back, i personally would start getting all of my paper work together and go talk to a lawyer. First, i'd show back up at the shop and tell him if he don't make something happen in the next couple days or weeks then you're going to get a lawyer involved. Don't know these people so i don't know if it would help any but that's just what i'd do. I don't think any company would want you to get a lawyer involved if they have been screweing you around. 1 because they would be losing money, 2 because they will get a bad name.

Goodluck with everything, hope you get your daughter on the water soon!
A/V 540 on a 13ft Navigator hull, swingin a 72" 2 blade WW signature series. Go boat, not a show boat.

User avatar
renegade0540
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:39 pm

Re: One Hell of a Ride

Post by renegade0540 »

The hell with a bunch of lawyers. All that's going to do is cost you more money. The reason people do this type of thing is because too many people let it happen. I haven't dealt with them before but I can promise you that if someone had my money and I had nothing to show for it things would get ugly for that person or company in a hurry. What is sad to me is that the airboating community is so full of dirtbags these days! People will continue to support the low lifes that are raping the working airboater! Sorry if anyone is offended by that but if you take money from someone and don't provide goods or services that makes you a thief and thieves need to be dealt with all in the same manner. Farmboy is right on track with hating to see more people get screwed. It would be pretty easy to inform folks of this type of BS.

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 4448
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:16 pm
Location: SCRAMBLETOWN, FL

Re: One Hell of a Ride

Post by scrambletown »

Cmcintosh721 wrote:I paid for my hull upfront with alumitech when I went to pick it up I owed less then 10 % and they still had me out the door a wk and half ahead of what they told me hands down great experience
:thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft:
you got that right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

User avatar
BUSHHOG85
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I
Posts: 264
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:08 pm
Location: St. Cloud FLA

Re: One Hell of a Ride

Post by BUSHHOG85 »

I give you a lot of credit for putting up with this for a year I would have been cutting locks and tearing down doors to get what I paid for. The real shitty part about it is they had good opportunities to make a name for there buisness and could give less than a **** about it. This is just the same old jb story just a different thread. :violent1:
SC 480 13x7'6 HAMANT
520 13' RICOCHET

fl cracker
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II
Posts: 4033
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:15 pm
Location: Sorrento,FL

Re: One Hell of a Ride

Post by fl cracker »

Takes about 2 weeks to build a Hull.
" I have two guns...
One for each of you "

2017 Al David / stroked LS

captrndy
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III
Posts: 446
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:56 pm
Location: Homosassa,FL

Re: One Hell of a Ride

Post by captrndy »

Everyone talks real tough about what they would do on the Internet!!! I can assure you if you go cut locks and take stuff from someone else's property you will go to jail! I can also assure you the police will do nothing for you even with a receipt!! It is is a civil matter that will need to go to court if they don't make it right. I hope people stop dealing with these low lifes!!! The man has bought a hull, build him what he paid for and make it right!!!! If for whatever reason you can't then give him his money back!! It is just that simple!!

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 4448
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:16 pm
Location: SCRAMBLETOWN, FL

Re: One Hell of a Ride

Post by scrambletown »

captrndy wrote:Everyone talks real tough about what they would do on the Internet!!! I can assure you if you go cut locks and take stuff from someone else's property you will go to jail! I can also assure you the police will do nothing for you even with a receipt!! It is is a civil matter that will need to go to court if they don't make it right. I hope people stop dealing with these low lifes!!! The man has bought a hull, build him what he paid for and make it right!!!! If for whatever reason you can't then give him his money back!! It is just that simple!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: yyeeeeeeepppppp!!!!!!!!!!!
I just love it wip-ass---break-legs---burn it down----poke eyes out----yep bad asses looking to be locked up with a 300 pound well you know telling ya to bend over yep- will take the bad-ass right out of ya.................
we have court's for this crap...
if you can't afford a lawyer-----don't pay in advance!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by scrambletown on Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

Striker543
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I
Posts: 1022
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:03 pm
Location: Miami/Orlando, Fl

Re: One Hell of a Ride

Post by Striker543 »

Anyone considered reporting them to the better business bureau? Think it can be done online

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 4448
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:16 pm
Location: SCRAMBLETOWN, FL

Re: One Hell of a Ride

Post by scrambletown »

Striker543 wrote:Anyone considered reporting them to the better business bureau? Think it can be done online
I refer to the b.b.b. as the better bull-shet bureau, they are a bunch of morons..
and have no power what-so-ever!!!
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 4448
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:16 pm
Location: SCRAMBLETOWN, FL

Re: One Hell of a Ride

Post by scrambletown »

the only thing these scum-bags will understand is getting in their pocket's or bank-accounts...
oh-no guess I will be turned in for saying scum-bag's...
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

User avatar
BUSHHOG85
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I
Posts: 264
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:08 pm
Location: St. Cloud FLA

Re: One Hell of a Ride

Post by BUSHHOG85 »

I'm 6 foot 3 320 and I guarantee I will back it up Nobody is gonna **** me over and tell me I'm not gonna get my $$ back if they don't produce the product I paid for over a year ago. The justice system works for the criminals not the hard working folks that get ****** over and if you can't see that your blind. If that was the case this would have stopped happening a few years ago when it all started.
SC 480 13x7'6 HAMANT
520 13' RICOCHET

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 4448
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:16 pm
Location: SCRAMBLETOWN, FL

Re: One Hell of a Ride

Post by scrambletown »

BUSHHOG85 wrote:I'm 6 foot 3 320 and I guarantee I will back it up Nobody is gonna **** me over and tell me I'm not gonna get my $$ back if they don't produce the product I paid for over a year ago. The justice system works for the criminals not the hard working folks that get ****** over and if you can't see that your blind. If that was the case this would have stopped happening a few years ago when it all started.
hey-man go for it...
I'LL call you next time I get screwed over----O.K.
could use ya on my side!!!!!!
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

User avatar
hirise
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI
Posts: 470
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: homosassa,fl

Re: One Hell of a Ride

Post by hirise »

i am not sure how much money you have given them to build the hull,but you can sue them in small claims court up to $5,000.00 plus court cost. hire a paralegal for a couple of hundred $ and they will do everything, all you need to do is show up for the hearing.
just of thought
15x8 alumitech,2.5 OX BOX,4 blade R 80" ,540 BBC Pro series


DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE MULE, JUST KEEP LOADING THE WAGON

Post Reply

Return to “Airboat Talk”