One Hell of a Ride

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
dave1971
Southern Airboat Member

Re: One Hell of a Ride

Post by dave1971 »

This is better than sons of anarchy!!! Can't wait to log on Friday night!!!! Good Luck!!! :blackeye:

Deano
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by Deano »

dave1971 wrote:This is better than sons of anarchy!!! Can't wait to log on Friday night!!!! Good Luck!!! :blackeye:
You should've been here for the first couple of seasons. :D
Seems like this outfit somehow recruits a fresh cast each year. :scratch:
You'd have thought by now that this show would have been canceled. :banghead:
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge; it has no place in the endeavor of science."
- Carl Sagan

dan-o
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by dan-o »

First heard about JB's when I got my first Diamondback in the early 90's. The shops were close to each other and roughly the same size. Jerry helped me a bunch with gpu parts etc. Nice guys. Fast forward to today........just sayin. Good business people always will be good.
"Disneyworld and air conditioning is gonna ruin Florida."
-My Grandmother-

farmboy
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by farmboy »

dan-o wrote:First heard about JB's when I got my first Diamondback in the early 90's. The shops were close to each other and roughly the same size. Jerry helped me a bunch with gpu parts etc. Nice guys. Fast forward to today........just sayin. Good business people always will be good.
Lmao! Those guys are far from good business people... Maybe when they 1st started but like a lot of stuff things change... I will never do any more business with them and don't recommed anyone else to deal with um either. There's to many other boat builders out there that will be honest and treat you right.
14ft JB Hull,Lycoming GSO480 w/water-meth injection,Sensenich 3-blade "R",ButtRaxx seats,B&S Trailer.

Member of Glades Airboat & Buggy Association / Kissimmee River Valley Sportsman Association

dan-o
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by dan-o »

Yep. Two different paths there. Look where DB is now. Cream rises to the top and those that are surviving in that kind of competition do it on delivering what they promise. Or if they miss they make it right. Quick.
"Disneyworld and air conditioning is gonna ruin Florida."
-My Grandmother-

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by jeepinocala1111 »

Good luck, it will be interesting to see what happens when you go back to get that hull. Might want to bring your friends for witness if it goes bad again. He should be the glad one that he is dealing with you and not one of us, what's it been now a year? :banghead: I would be ready for another bullshit story. :slap:

GeeLeDouche
Southern Airboat Member

Post by GeeLeDouche »

damn dude. If he doesn't make this right for you,, he deserves to be put out of business. I would suggest filing a claim against him in small claims, file a claim with the better business bureau,, hell even give them a google review if possible. I would do everything in my power to make sure nobody that does their homework gets taken advantage of by this character.
16x8 Utah style hull With a Waterthunder motor W/ 2.3 CH3 reduction swinging a 3 blade 78" R.
&
17-51 Legend craft w/pods pushed by a MB HD7000

kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by kwanjangnihm »

you know someone just gave jb 5 grand for a hull and now he's going to finish cool beans hull :banghead:

we will be reading the same sheit in 6 months from another airboater!! (hopefully not)

:rebel:
Last edited by kwanjangnihm on Fri May 08, 2015 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He'll cut your throat, baby, stick you in the back, drive off in your Cadillac.
He's more trouble than you think, he'll kill your sugar, leave you in the drink.

clamped
Southern Airboat Member

Post by clamped »

Hey jeep, what do you mean that he's not dealing with us, this is a fellow airboater

captrndy
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by captrndy »

I think it would be really interesting to see how many people are being screwed by these a-holes. I would be willing to bet it is a lot more than just Fabian and Kevin!! So if they are screwing you over let's hear about it. I think these guys should be shut down!!
Last edited by captrndy on Thu May 07, 2015 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

farmboy
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by farmboy »

captrndy wrote:I think it would be really interesting to see how many people are being screwed by these a-holes. I would be willing to bet it is a lot more than just Fabian and Kevin!! So if they are screwing you over let's hear about it. I these guys should be shut down!!
I know of 10 other people besides us 2... By talking to these people Im pretty sure the rest probably are not gonna speak up because there worried if they say something on here they may never get there $$$ back or boat finished. I would be willing to bet there's more...
14ft JB Hull,Lycoming GSO480 w/water-meth injection,Sensenich 3-blade "R",ButtRaxx seats,B&S Trailer.

Member of Glades Airboat & Buggy Association / Kissimmee River Valley Sportsman Association

getitdone
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by getitdone »

I hear they do make a decent hull, but personally I wouldn't give them any money down period. I think I gave $1000 down on the hull and rigging I have now and never had to worry about it period. Also I have been asked a couple times if mine was a JB hull don’t know if they resemble or what. Guess you don’t get the name on the hull unless you buy the whole setup. But I did get a hull id number which is all I really wanted.
"Poachers Dream"
13'x7'6" Hamant Ultralight With 0540 And 72"Q

Ted Martell
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Ted Martell »

I think y'all mit be on to something ,if more people posted the things that were not rite there would be less shady deals going on.I hope he gets his hull,but it's not looking good .The problem is this day and time there is way to many people out there that's word is no good.I am old school a mans hand shake and word is suppose to mean something .Myself and my family have had airboats and been air boating in the glades for over 50 years and have had camps in the glades before I 75 or alligator alley were there.Thats why when I say people like this need put out of business .I was told by someone on here if I was going to post negative things about someone I should have proof.Well I have signed invoice from chuck hawk himself with a 50 hr warranty that is not worth the paper it's written on.So all you people out there that think he's so great just keep dealing with him,your turn will come.My brother Danny and Brad Henry were racing airboats before chuck even had one. So believe me when I say he will get his.I post under my real name,I want there to be no mistaken who said what.

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

clamped wrote:Hey jeep, what do you mean that he's not dealing with us, this is a fellow air boater
My wrong you are correct. He is just a softer type of air boater. After a month of waiting most air boaters I know would have had their money back.

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Cool Bean how much money did you give him?

thebirdman
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by thebirdman »

Can't wait till the next episode of "As the Prop Turns"
ImageImage

A/V 0-320 11' Bear Member of LOAA

LoxStroker383
Southern Airboat Member

Post by LoxStroker383 »

Well today is the day. I'm going to get my Michael Jackson picture with popcorn. I'll be right back!!!!
14x8 Diamondback, 383 Stroker, 2.38 OxBox, 80" 3 Blade NGR

clamped
Southern Airboat Member

Post by clamped »

Well jeep, post some suggestions, sounds like you know of a way to get his money back, how would you handle it if it was your personal boat?

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

clamped wrote:Well jeep, post some suggestions, sounds like you know of a way to get his money back, how would you handle it if it was your personal boat?
No, he's a grown man and will handle it I'm sure.

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Post by scrambletown »

jeepinocala1111 wrote:
clamped wrote:Well jeep, post some suggestions, sounds like you know of a way to get his money back, how would you handle it if it was your personal boat?
No, he's a grown man and will handle it I'm sure.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
this crap is getting better and better
:evil3: :evil3: :evil3: :evil3: :evil3: :evil3: :evil3: :evil3: :evil3:
:angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5:
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

clamped
Southern Airboat Member

Post by clamped »

Jeep has decided on the fourth down to back up and punt, if he's a soft airboater like you claimed and you and the guys you hang around could get their money back in a month why wouldn't u share your ideas?

hirise
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by hirise »

:happy1: well
15x8 alumitech,2.5 OX BOX,4 blade R 80" ,540 BBC Pro series

DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE MULE, JUST KEEP LOADING THE WAGON

clamped
Southern Airboat Member

Post by clamped »

I'm waiting myself, he and his crew are the end all be all that can get there money back within a month, all I wanna know is how?

dave1971
Southern Airboat Member

Post by dave1971 »

final quarter all tied up!!!!! come on were dying here!!!!!!!

Bruce
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Bruce »

10:30 no pics of a hull yet im sure you can imagine what that means
12 foot Mamba "The Underdog"
Tired Gpu 520,Whirlwind Razor X

Return to “Airboat Talk”