One Hell of a Ride

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
Cool Bean
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Re: One Hell of a Ride

Post by Cool Bean »

As the Prop Turns . Looks like the season finale is here. For those of you following . It's all come to an end today . I drove up to JB airboat today and left with my hull today and enough material t o finished it and do my rigging . Still need to square up some stuff with Jerry but it's all come to an end . I must say this the hull may not have been finished but Jerry was a man of his word . It could have been real ugly but it wasn't . He gave his hand shake on something and he came through . Just want to put this behind me and move on . I also want to give a big thanks to everyone who supported me and help me . I also owe Southern Airboat a huge thanks for all that you do for us Airboaters . The site is to help us and inform us . So Thanks to you all.

kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by kwanjangnihm »

Glad you got your hull bro – post some photos when you get a chance!

“man of his word” :angry5: :banghead: :evil: :cussing: :bootyshake: :angryfire: :pain10: angry9: :evil2:
He'll cut your throat, baby, stick you in the back, drive off in your Cadillac.
He's more trouble than you think, he'll kill your sugar, leave you in the drink.

farmboy
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by farmboy »

It sucks that you gotta have somebody else finish it but good that you atleast got it...
Hopefully one day they will man up and make there deal with me right. Good luck on the rest of your build brother :salute:
14ft JB Hull,Lycoming GSO480 w/water-meth injection,Sensenich 3-blade "R",ButtRaxx seats,B&S Trailer.

Member of Glades Airboat & Buggy Association / Kissimmee River Valley Sportsman Association

Deano
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by Deano »

Cool Bean wrote:About a year ago I walked into JB airboat and ordered a hull and rigging.
Cool Bean wrote:. . . It's all come to an end today . I drove up to JB airboat today and left with my hull today and enough material to finished it and do my rigging . . . the hull may not have been finished but Jerry was a man of his word . It could have been real ugly but it wasn't . . .
Is sounds then, like he gave you his word to supply the material so you could finish it yourself after he proved incapable of, or to disinterested to accomplish that feat himself by the time a year had passed.
How absolutely sporting of him. :slap:

Still, I'm glad for you that you're now in a position to get beyond it without his involvement.
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge; it has no place in the endeavor of science."
- Carl Sagan

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Post by scrambletown »

man of his word??????????
guess I don't know what that means------with this thread.
:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:
this sounds like my first dealer boat and the last :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

Scarecrow
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Scarecrow »

HOW IN THE HE!! CAN YOU SAY HE IS A MAN OF HIS WORD? :scratch: :slap: :rebel:

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Post by scrambletown »

Scarecrow wrote:HOW IN THE HE!! CAN YOU SAY HE IS A MAN OF HIS WORD? :scratch: :slap: :rebel:
CROW was really dum-fundled on that one too.. :banghead: :banghead:
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

flying fish
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by flying fish »

Cool Bean
Better to have something than nothing.

The man in absolutely not a "Man of his Word"

:)
15' DB - 6.2 LSA - 4 blade 82" R - 2.52 CH-4

Cool Bean
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Cool Bean »

I said that because of all things he said the last time I was up there that done or not I would leave with the boat . Yes I agree with everyone it should have been finished but at this point . Something is better than nothing . I will post some pictures as soon as I can .

pipedog
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by pipedog »

Cool bean hope to see you and your family on the water soon! When your ready lets set up a ride in 2a :salute: .....glad you got the hull
Palm Beach open hull 13'9" with 6.0 F.I. LS - Ox Box and a 3bld "R"

Cool Bean
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Cool Bean »

Thanks pipedog. And sounds like a plan . I sent you a PM.

pipedog
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by pipedog »

Cool Bean wrote:Thanks pipedog. And sounds like a plan . I sent you a PM.
Didn't get your PM, I sent you one (just found your message in photo's, I'll give you a call later :thumbleft: )
Palm Beach open hull 13'9" with 6.0 F.I. LS - Ox Box and a 3bld "R"

dave1971
Southern Airboat Member

Post by dave1971 »

Deano wrote:
Cool Bean wrote:About a year ago I walked into JB airboat and ordered a hull and rigging.
Cool Bean wrote:. . . It's all come to an end today . I drove up to JB airboat today and left with my hull today and enough material to finished it and do my rigging . . . the hull may not have been finished but Jerry was a man of his word . It could have been real ugly but it wasn't . . .
Is sounds then, like he gave you his word to supply the material so you could finish it yourself after he proved incapable of, or to disinterested to accomplish that feat himself by the time a year had passed.
How absolutely sporting of him. :slap:

Still, I'm glad for you that you're now in a position to get beyond it without his involvement.
Thats the first post that has made since out of all the posts on here!!!! :salute: :salute:

gatorfrog2
Southern Airboat Member

Post by gatorfrog2 »

WELL?......any pics of this 1+/- yr. JB HULL semi-finished work of art?......was it WORTH THE WAIT?
Lycoming 0320H 3/4 alum. Custom deckover 69" Narrow Whispertip w/ SuperSlick2000

dave1971
Southern Airboat Member

Post by dave1971 »

:cheers:
gatorfrog2 wrote:WELL?......any pics of this 1+/- yr. JB HULL semi-finished work of art?......was it WORTH THE WAIT?

Cool Bean
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Cool Bean »

Can't figure out how to upload the pictures. Was able to put one up the first time I posted but for some reason can't do it now .
Attachments
IMG_30241.jpg

Cool Bean
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Cool Bean »

There I got it to work .

Full Rut
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Full Rut »

WOW
14ft DB 2ft Rake 3/4 Deck Alum. Riggn 502BB 2.37Rota Sens. Fat Daddy

LoxStroker383
Southern Airboat Member

Post by LoxStroker383 »

I hate to ask but what is the total amount of money that you have invested in the hull as it sits now??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
14x8 Diamondback, 383 Stroker, 2.38 OxBox, 80" 3 Blade NGR

gatorfrog2
Southern Airboat Member

Post by gatorfrog2 »

I see they didn't finish front deck etc?...wtf?...did they need more time?$ or was the welder broken agian?did they run out of materials and or your$$?...,what was the GRAND EXPLANATION??:(....HONEY BOO BOO tv show was on!!???? :violent1:
Lycoming 0320H 3/4 alum. Custom deckover 69" Narrow Whispertip w/ SuperSlick2000

crazycracker13
Southern Airboat Member

Post by crazycracker13 »

I had a friend get a hull from them a few years ago and he went there and had to threaten to beat there ASS. once he got the boat his final payment was half of what he had to pay. he talks to him all the time due to finding how to make the back heavier due to.. too much power in the motor. I would go there a least once a week and start to threaten to beat there ASSES.

gatorfrog2
Southern Airboat Member

Post by gatorfrog2 »

Good Ol fashion a--BEATEN. that'll learnum:)

gatorfrog2
Southern Airboat Member

Post by gatorfrog2 »

On a serious note. The poor fella just wanted to get a hull that was payed for an NOT COMPLETE in a yrs time. He's just happy to get what he got. An not get totally screwed. Lesson learned. Move on. No need to get thrown in jail. Hard to pay the bills when your sitting in the HOOOSKOWWW :slap: I think we all could lend a hand an HELP this guy out an FINISH his boat for him he's been threw ENOUGH. Call it. "PROJECT ------x. I'm In fir a beer BACK 2 Work :violent1: :slap: :drunken: :stirpot: :rebel: :wav: :violent3: :violent3:

GeeLeDouche
Southern Airboat Member

Post by GeeLeDouche »

Well, Im glad you got somewhat of a hull.. Im not sure exactly how I would have handled it myself, but I assure you that you handled it 100% better than I would have!
16x8 Utah style hull With a Waterthunder motor W/ 2.3 CH3 reduction swinging a 3 blade 78" R.
&
17-51 Legend craft w/pods pushed by a MB HD7000

BigBlue1968
Southern Airboat Member

Post by BigBlue1968 »

So any luck on them giving you ur money or poly u have been waiting for from them scumbags yet??

Return to “Airboat Talk”