is it worth going to lake kissimmee.

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
lotacarnage1
Southern Airboat Member

is it worth going to lake kissimmee.

Post by lotacarnage1 »

heard it's bone dry and not much fun.beating boat up pretty bad.
smeller's the feller

blow boat
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Re: is it worth going to lake kissimmee.

Post by blow boat »

Was there sat,well me and a hundred some
Odd other boats its low but have seen it
Worse!! In short yeah worth it

THE NIGHT RIDER
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by THE NIGHT RIDER »

i went on monday ,terrible hot ,to dry ,coudnt do or go anywhere but around the edge o the lakes ,not my kinda ridin,its bone dry ,and so i put in at cypress went to the ridge ,not another airboat in sight the whole way,said to heck with it drove back to cypress laded up come home to cocoa put in at the cabbage and rode all day headed north to st rd 46 ,had a blast again on the st johns. id say if ya like ridin on a big lake then yea its worth it
!!! IM THE REAL NIGHT RIDER B!TCH !!! !!! AND A PROUD TO BE IN THE DIAMONDBACK FAMILY !!!!

Daniel Altman
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Daniel Altman »

Does a one legged duck swim in circles?
10' Thurman copy, O-320, WW Cypress, BRAB 51 & RRAA 15

"You can't tourniquet the taint!" Archer

Buckshot863
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Buckshot863 »

Does a bear s**t in the woods???!!

billybob
Southern Airboat Member

Post by billybob »

Night rider, there is plenty of marsh to ride! You know what they say, "if your gonna stay ony the water buy a bass boat!
I do all my own stunts!!!!!!

ptr34
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by ptr34 »

Billy Bob said it right. All ways good to go to Kissimmee over any where else
if u don't run dry .then should have gotten a bassboat
tons videos on YouTube ptr34

THE NIGHT RIDER
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

I'm sure you guys are right ,I was loaded down with four people a hundred court cooler and all the cook in stuff to grill and have a picnic so I really didn't get to or wanna run dry all day in 95 degree weather .plus I will admit I haven't figured out all the keen spots to run over there .I've only been there three times so I'll just say I don't know my way around .lol . So I'll try again another time hopefully it'll be with my gang. Of hodulums and following terry around .if I can lol ...
!!! IM THE REAL NIGHT RIDER B!TCH !!! !!! AND A PROUD TO BE IN THE DIAMONDBACK FAMILY !!!!

THE NIGHT RIDER
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

I'm sure you guys are right ,I was loaded down with four people a hundred court cooler and all the cook in stuff to grill and have a picnic so I really didn't get to or wanna run dry all day in 95 degree weather .plus I will admit I haven't figured out all the keen spots to run over there .I've only been there three times so I'll just say I don't know my way around .lol . So I'll try again another time hopefully it'll be with my gang. Of hodulums and following terry around .if I can lol ...

mojoe
Southern Airboat Member

Post by mojoe »

THE NIGHT RIDER wrote:so I really didn't get to or wanna run dry all day in 95 degree weather ..
Say it isn't so. This can't be the same night rider I remember pulling into sandy dike at 10pm after running bone dry all the way from Big Marsh past Pontoon and into the sanctuary. Then I'm sure I heard you take the same way out hours later.

You were my hero :thumbleft: what has time done to you :dontknow:
Mark 7:9

justin m
Southern Airboat Member

Post by justin m »

The way the water rate is going now. What will it look like for 4th of July weekend?
A/V 540 on a 13ft Navigator hull, swingin a 72" 2 blade WW signature series. Go boat, not a show boat.

Hambone79
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Hambone79 »

Its always worth it. Kiss is low but once about 10 feet through sticky its not bad . We are starting to get some rain but WHO needs water. Great time this past weekend .

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool »

THE NIGHT RIDER wrote:I'm sure you guys are right ,I was loaded down with four people a hundred court cooler and all the cook in stuff to grill and have a picnic so I really didn't get to or wanna run dry all day in 95 degree weather .plus I will admit I haven't figured out all the keen spots to run over there .I've only been there three times so I'll just say I don't know my way around .lol . So I'll try again another time hopefully it'll be with my gang. Of hodulums and following terry around .if I can lol ...
When the water is low (or high for that matter - just real easy to get to what ever the water conditions are), there is an awesome little spot on the south shore of Lake Hatch that has a grill and two picnic benches (which are in dire need of replacement) and the view is fantastic. It is about 2.5 miles from the ramp at Camp Mack. Just stay on the east side of the canal when you leave Camp Mack, heading north, then just follow it around. When you get to the point (there's a little cypress tree you swing around), the trail will start to head southeast. It is about an eighth of a mile. You can see the picnic tables and there is also a cut through the cattails out to the lake. One of my favorite places.
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

THE NIGHT RIDER
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

mojoe wrote:
THE NIGHT RIDER wrote:so I really didn't get to or wanna run dry all day in 95 degree weather ..
Say it isn't so. This can't be the same night rider I remember pulling into sandy dike at 10pm after running bone dry all the way from Big Marsh past Pontoon and into the sanctuary. Then I'm sure I heard you take the same way out hours later.

You were my hero :thumbleft: what has time done to you :dontknow:
lol yep i guess im gettin old seems like i like my recliner more and more anymore lol

mojoe
Southern Airboat Member

Post by mojoe »

THE NIGHT RIDER wrote: lol yep i guess im gettin old seems like i like my recliner more and more anymore lol
UREKA!!! You are on to something. Mount a recliner..... and a Bimini top! Summer cured!!
Mark 7:9

kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by kwanjangnihm »

digginfool wrote:It is about an eighth of a mile. You can see the picnic tables and there is also a cut through the cattails out to the lake. One of my favorite places.
Diggin pretty sure this is the spot! Wish I was enjoying that view right now! :toothy7: :thumbleft:

:rebel:
He'll cut your throat, baby, stick you in the back, drive off in your Cadillac.
He's more trouble than you think, he'll kill your sugar, leave you in the drink.

ffjpowell
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by ffjpowell »

That is the spot :old_glory: . Great place.
What the mind of man can conceive and believe, the mind of man can achieve.

Live today like theirs no tommorrow.

New build on the way!!!!!! Stay tuned.

J. Powell

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool »

:thumbleft:
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

nomad41
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by nomad41 »

Yep Diggin. It's called Drasdo
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nomad41/
Treasurer FAA
Member:FAA, KRVSA ,IRCAA, FSCA

My old boat 14.5x8 Diamondback ,SBC Stroker,2.68 Stinger,Sensenich 82" R
Svcliche@yahoo.com

Return to “Airboat Talk”