Gator tags

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
Rich Andrews
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Re: Gator tags

Post by Rich Andrews » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:08 am

i'm no genius by far, but lots of guys who would have paid 275 bucks didn't get permits, lots of guys who put in after being awarded a permit get additional one's for 67 bucks(good for you) is pretty stupid to me. Just goes to show you the intelligence level we are dealing with in tallahassee. If those guys were held responsible for a simple P&L balance sheet,none of them would keep a job
I'll have my Manatee burger medium please...just say NObama

14x8 deckover FELBER 397ci.. HP ???..just stay back!!

LOHA is AHOL backwards

Comanche-pup
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Comanche-pup » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:17 am

They need to make you give up credit card info up front phase one, that would cure some of the issues I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rudee116
Southern Airboat Member

Post by rudee116 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:27 am

The whole process is a joke. Why did they add the credit card for the 3 phase but not the others? They need to do that from phase 1 thru the end. You'll see how many fewer applicants there are. I'm tired of not getting permits and then running into guys saying that their buddy put in their name and they got drawn but have never hunted, don't know how, don't know rules, and don't even have a way to go out and hunt. FWC is either completely incompetent OR they are catering to the guides who are putting in a million apps.
14' Don Davis w/ Upstack 0-540

When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. — Benjamin Franklin

PM
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by PM » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:12 am

Easy solution. You must have a valid Florida hunting license (resident or non) to apply. That would eliminate all the non hunters that are just there to help friends increase their odds.
15' Rivermaster (Hoffman)

Comanche-pup
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Comanche-pup » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:18 am

Bad solution when I only hunt Gators, $272 is plenty to pay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Post by terrible ted » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:31 pm

All they need to do is. We apply and as they draw and people don't buy there out and then they redraw from the same list untill all permits or applicants had a shot at buying. Then we go to round 2.

This eliminate all those whop don't intend to buy or place the credit card on round one.

Shippee123
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Shippee123 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:36 pm

No tags and now have to wait three to five days for money to be put back in account !!! That is what fwc told me today.
11'6"x7' Royal craft with a 0300a Continental swinging a 74"two blade Super Snapper

Return to “Airboat Talk”