OK, here's the project ....

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Re: OK, here's the project ....

Postby Olf Art » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:20 pm

chuckitt@earthlink.net wrote:Thanks Olf Art, Have you decided on the engine for your new boat?

Chuck

Haven't yet, Chuck but thanks for askin!
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Olf Art » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:32 pm

PAINKILLER wrote:Is this hot rod going to have a name /rudder picture

Yup, and it'll have a Confederate theme .... you can count on that. I'm tryin to think up something unique and hopefully it'll come to me one day.

I love rudder art. My dad was a maintenance officer over a squadron of B-17's in England during WWII and I love the names and images those and other aircrews used to paint on their airplanes.

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Olf Art » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:46 pm

pipedog wrote:Olf Art I'am with you on the DD LS !!! A mild LS fuel injection would be awesome all the way around with a light set-up, if Dave would set you up with the thrust plate :thumbleft:

Pipedog, Dave would tell you that I've been on his a** for at least 5 yrs. now to make a thrust plate for those LS motors. Evidently he's come up with something because he's runnin them pretty hard now, but he's evidently not ready to market it. I'll wait a little while longer and see.

I agree .... a low tune (maybe 375-400 hp.) DD LS injected pump gas motor would be a dream for what I have in mind. The thing would run for forever (no stress) if you didn't abuse it, and it would be a lot lighter than any A/C motor with anywhere near the same power. :glasses7:

PAINKILLER
Southern Airboat Member

Postby PAINKILLER » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:32 pm

Thought you was saying(olf art) you wanted it to look stock until you flicked the switch on :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:
Psalms 101:7 No one who practices deceit shall dwell in my house; no one who utters lies shall continue before my eyes.

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Olf Art » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:00 pm

PAINKILLER wrote:Thought you was saying(olf art) you wanted it to look stock until you flicked the switch on :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:

He he he .... you talkin about that button on the top of the rudder stick? :toothy7:

pipedog
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby pipedog » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:27 pm

Olf Art wrote:
pipedog wrote:Olf Art I'am with you on the DD LS !!! A mild LS fuel injection would be awesome all the way around with a light set-up, if Dave would set you up with the thrust plate :thumbleft:

Pipedog, Dave would tell you that I've been on his a** for at least 5 yrs. now to make a thrust plate for those LS motors. Evidently he's come up with something because he's runnin them pretty hard now, but he's evidently not ready to market it. I'll wait a little while longer and see.

I agree .... a low tune (maybe 375-400 hp.) DD LS injected pump gas motor would be a dream for what I have in mind. The thing would run for forever (no stress) if you didn't abuse it, and it would be a lot lighter than any A/C motor with anywhere near the same power. :glasses7:

:thumbleft: :thumbleft:
Palm Beach open hull 13'9" with 6.0 F.I. LS - Ox Box and a 3bld "R"

PAINKILLER
Southern Airboat Member

Postby PAINKILLER » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:51 am

Olf Art wrote:
PAINKILLER wrote:Thought you was saying(olf art) you wanted it to look stock until you flicked the switch on :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:

He he he .... you talkin about that button on the top of the rudder stick? :toothy7:

That's the one how much 300 hp shot
Psalms 101:7 No one who practices deceit shall dwell in my house; no one who utters lies shall continue before my eyes.

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Olf Art » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:41 am

Trust me, with the combo Thunder is building now you don't need no juice if you keep the boat light!
That works for me .....

Return to “Airboat Talk”