OK, here's the project ....

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII
Posts: 11851
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:33 pm
Location: Plant City, FL

Re: OK, here's the project ....

Postby Olf Art » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:20 pm

chuckitt@earthlink.net wrote:Thanks Olf Art, Have you decided on the engine for your new boat?

Chuck

Haven't yet, Chuck but thanks for askin!
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII
Posts: 11851
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:33 pm
Location: Plant City, FL

Re: OK, here's the project ....

Postby Olf Art » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:32 pm

PAINKILLER wrote:Is this hot rod going to have a name /rudder picture

Yup, and it'll have a Confederate theme .... you can count on that. I'm tryin to think up something unique and hopefully it'll come to me one day.

I love rudder art. My dad was a maintenance officer over a squadron of B-17's in England during WWII and I love the names and images those and other aircrews used to paint on their airplanes.
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII
Posts: 11851
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:33 pm
Location: Plant City, FL

Re: OK, here's the project ....

Postby Olf Art » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:46 pm

pipedog wrote:Olf Art I'am with you on the DD LS !!! A mild LS fuel injection would be awesome all the way around with a light set-up, if Dave would set you up with the thrust plate :thumbleft:

Pipedog, Dave would tell you that I've been on his a** for at least 5 yrs. now to make a thrust plate for those LS motors. Evidently he's come up with something because he's runnin them pretty hard now, but he's evidently not ready to market it. I'll wait a little while longer and see.

I agree .... a low tune (maybe 375-400 hp.) DD LS injected pump gas motor would be a dream for what I have in mind. The thing would run for forever (no stress) if you didn't abuse it, and it would be a lot lighter than any A/C motor with anywhere near the same power. :glasses7:
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

User avatar
PAINKILLER
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 1796
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:26 pm
Location: IN THE SOUTH

Re: OK, here's the project ....

Postby PAINKILLER » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:32 pm

Thought you was saying(olf art) you wanted it to look stock until you flicked the switch on :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:
Psalms 101:7 No one who practices deceit shall dwell in my house; no one who utters lies shall continue before my eyes.

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII
Posts: 11851
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:33 pm
Location: Plant City, FL

Re: OK, here's the project ....

Postby Olf Art » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:00 pm

PAINKILLER wrote:Thought you was saying(olf art) you wanted it to look stock until you flicked the switch on :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:

He he he .... you talkin about that button on the top of the rudder stick? :toothy7:
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

User avatar
pipedog
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III
Posts: 2442
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: Loxahatchee Fl

Re: OK, here's the project ....

Postby pipedog » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:27 pm

Olf Art wrote:
pipedog wrote:Olf Art I'am with you on the DD LS !!! A mild LS fuel injection would be awesome all the way around with a light set-up, if Dave would set you up with the thrust plate :thumbleft:

Pipedog, Dave would tell you that I've been on his a** for at least 5 yrs. now to make a thrust plate for those LS motors. Evidently he's come up with something because he's runnin them pretty hard now, but he's evidently not ready to market it. I'll wait a little while longer and see.

I agree .... a low tune (maybe 375-400 hp.) DD LS injected pump gas motor would be a dream for what I have in mind. The thing would run for forever (no stress) if you didn't abuse it, and it would be a lot lighter than any A/C motor with anywhere near the same power. :glasses7:

:thumbleft: :thumbleft:
Palm Beach open hull 13'9" with 6.0 F.I. LS - Ox Box and a 3bld "R"

User avatar
PAINKILLER
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 1796
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:26 pm
Location: IN THE SOUTH

Re: OK, here's the project ....

Postby PAINKILLER » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:51 am

Olf Art wrote:
PAINKILLER wrote:Thought you was saying(olf art) you wanted it to look stock until you flicked the switch on :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:

He he he .... you talkin about that button on the top of the rudder stick? :toothy7:



That's the one how much 300 hp shot
Psalms 101:7 No one who practices deceit shall dwell in my house; no one who utters lies shall continue before my eyes.

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII
Posts: 11851
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:33 pm
Location: Plant City, FL

Re: OK, here's the project ....

Postby Olf Art » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:41 am

Trust me, with the combo Thunder is building now you don't need no juice if you keep the boat light!
That works for me .....
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW


Return to “Airboat Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 4 guests