Killin Time Prop testing and Gardner Marsh is perfect riding

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
HuntingBigun
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Killin Time Prop testing and Gardner Marsh is perfect riding

Post by HuntingBigun »

Most of my buddies know that I been testing couple different setups on Killin Time, so with help from Team Sensenich we have tested stacked 12 blade and Staggered 9 Sabers, then tried 2 Staggered Nines then broke a blade by my screwup on St Johns climbing the wrong bank and slapping water, then tried 2 3 blade NGR Uni and now back to Staggered 9 Sabers built with Uni construction which are lighter and much stronger being built out of almost 100% carbon fiber. Darrin even tweaked the plates by dropping from 84 to 83 and 82 to 81 on the rear. :thumbleft: :thumbleft:

All 4 props setups did well but the Staggered Nine UNi are the winner hands down, I would bet money it been the NGR as I loved them on my other DB but as this boat is setup different and the CR is just so smooth with the Sabers and the snap and push with the Uni blades are outstanding and lower cruise rpm with same WOT as standard Sabers, you can tell the difference between normal and Uni and less is more boat was faster and pushed better with less blades and diameter :D :D

. As most things go Bobby was correct as he told me test away but you going to like the Sabers the best :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: We rode last night for 35 miles all thru the marsh water is great so hit the lake Kissimmee is back to great form

The crazy thing is Killin time is 15.6 feet of heavy deckover but drives like it is 13, so much more lighter to the touch than Southern Venom was Team Diamondback changes to the bottom added the CR drive is a great combo, took a buddy who has a 16 foot DB open hull with LSA and he could not believe the difference between my boat how it handles that ole 800 Hsp Mast just adds to the package . So thanks again to Diamondback, Sensenich & Mast for great boat

Bigun

http://www.krvsa.com

Click for pics = http://www.flickr.com/photos/huntingbigun/

Killin Time 15.6 Diamondback Deckover Mast 808 Hp SC LS 7 /KRVSA /NRA

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Re: Killin Time Prop testing and Gardner Marsh is perfect ri

Post by digginfool »

Beautiful boat, Wayne. Glad you finally got it dialed in. Good to hear about the Marsh. We were going to be up there this weekend but had some issues with my coach so it will be a few more weeks before we take it back up. Maybe see some KCOL for Labor Day.
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

Rich Andrews
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Rich Andrews »

Wayne, does the new boat have a lower turning center point?
Big Ole Deckover in the making...

shiggs
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by shiggs »

Wayne,

Awesome rig--I am interested in your results and some more details if you care to share.

1. Was the 12 blade stacked/9 combo too much prop i.e.. not enough blade angle to reach sweet spot? On the 12 stacked, did you run the 2-2.5 degrees delta between paired blades? I've never run a 9 (with blades in the same plane), so I don't know what works best on those for the delta between the blades on the pairing of triple blades?

2. The NGR low end/cruise compared to the different Saber configs? Were the NGRs the quietest setup as far as prop noise?

3. Are you running steeper pitches in your front prop vs the rear?

Thanks,
sh

HuntingBigun
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by HuntingBigun »

shiggs wrote:Wayne,

Awesome rig--I am interested in your results and some more details if you care to share.

1. Was the 12 blade stacked/9 combo too much prop i.e.. not enough blade angle to reach sweet spot? Not really too much prop just did not feel smooth and snap was not there, that came from Bobby as he did that testing because heck I never owned a CR On the 12 stacked, did you run the 2-2.5 degrees delta between paired blades? We tried 3 different spreads 1, 2 & 3I've never run a 9 (with blades in the same plane), so I don't know what works best on those for the delta between the blades on the pairing of triple blades?In my uneducated thoughts are the CR are touchy with front prop feeding the rear and the stacked set just did not feed the rear prop as well

2. The NGR low end/cruise compared to the different Saber configs? Sabers again with the uni came in with lowest rpm deep cruise or shallow WOT topend Sabers always pull faster even on Venom same thing but crusie was higher so the CR changed that on this boat or DB bottom I just mash the gas leave the rest to Bobby & Darrin lol Were the NGRs the quietest setup as far as prop noise?This was the biggest surprise as on Venom the NGR were hands down much quieter than Sabers as I tested those on that boat, but on the CR I say the Sabers had nicer sound signature but 808 hsp the motor is talking pretty hard lol

3. Are you running steeper pitches in your front prop vs the rear?Yes have to with the belt CR different ratio rear is 2.52 front is like 3.25 we found that vibration you needed about 7 degrees different front to back and we run progressive pitch on the 3 blades, that what broke the front blades had so much pitch they slapped the water, the uni have no flex so runs lower pitch angle than standards Sabers

Thanks,
sh
Thanks for the look
Bigun

Bad2Bone
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by Bad2Bone »

:florida: Glad to hear that you've got it dialed in just in time for Thunder on the Loop!
You buy, I'll fly (drive). We need to find a trailer that will carry both of our boats! I wouldn't want you to be the only one there with a grass rake!! Road Trip!! :proud: :florida: :florida: :florida:
"Cleverly Disguised as Responsible Adults"

4cyl. Lycoming (sled). Croc-eyed
6 cyl. Lycoming. (Palm Beach 3/4 deck) Bad to the Bone Taxidermy
8 cyl. 502, counter-rotator 20' aluminum hull. Blew Limo

shiggs
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by shiggs »

Thanks Wayne for the details.

I still have my 3.26 CR quiet project in the works and trying to figure out if my plans should change on what blades to use with recent developments. The vortex blades look like an interesting option to try, but they aren't available in right hand rotation yet.

HuntingBigun
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by HuntingBigun »

Rich Andrews wrote:Wayne, does the new boat have a lower turning center point?
Yes it does Rich, you got a good eye :thumbleft:
Bigun

HuntingBigun
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by HuntingBigun »

Bad2Bone wrote::florida: Glad to hear that you've got it dialed in just in time for Thunder on the Loop!
You buy, I'll fly (drive). We need to find a trailer that will carry both of our boats! I wouldn't want you to be the only one there with a grass rake!! Road Trip!! :proud: :florida: :florida: :florida:

I was thinking that lol have to see :thumbleft:
Bigun

HuntingBigun
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by HuntingBigun »

shiggs wrote:Thanks Wayne for the details.

I still have my 3.26 CR quiet project in the works and trying to figure out if my plans should change on what blades to use with recent developments. The vortex blades look like an interesting option to try, but they aren't available in right hand rotation yet.

I rried to get them to let me spin those but not been tested on HSP as high as mine so we think alike, good luck with your project Darrin will hook you up :thumbleft:
Bigun

Bad2Bone
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by Bad2Bone »

HuntingBigun wrote:
Bad2Bone wrote::florida: Glad to hear that you've got it dialed in just in time for Thunder on the Loop!

We'll just take your boat. You might want to shrink wrap it in case this Florida Boy has to drag it through some snow! I'll pick it up tomorrow and if you point me in the general direction, we can probably find Nebraska, and meet you there by Friday. This ain't no LOL, if you're scared just say you're scared. lol
"Cleverly Disguised as Responsible Adults"

4cyl. Lycoming (sled). Croc-eyed
6 cyl. Lycoming. (Palm Beach 3/4 deck) Bad to the Bone Taxidermy
8 cyl. 502, counter-rotator 20' aluminum hull. Blew Limo

HuntingBigun
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by HuntingBigun »

Bad2Bone wrote:
HuntingBigun wrote:

We'll just take your boat. You might want to shrink wrap it in case this Florida Boy has to drag it through some snow! I'll pick it up tomorrow and if you point me in the general direction, we can probably find Nebraska, and meet you there by Friday. This ain't no LOL, if you're scared just say you're scared. lol
You drive I sleep hehehe but too far to go unless we can hunt something we could stop off at your lease and start early I know you can mount Velvet :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft:
Bigun

Return to “Airboat Talk”