federal conservation signs at lake washington

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
dave1971
Southern Airboat Member

federal conservation signs at lake washington

Post by dave1971 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:20 pm

Rode up to the Oak Head this afternoon and saw a bunch of new boundry stakes up the survey trail from the lake all the way to the OakHead. Green sign that say Federal Conservation area boundry. Anybody know what thats about?

diamondback0320
Southern Airboat Member

Re: federal conservation signs at lake washington

Post by diamondback0320 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:29 pm

No,but I would like ta know myself!

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Olf Art » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:11 am

Anything that says Federal can't be good for sportsmen. Who gave the government any authority there in the first place? All that land which isn't leased rightfully belongs to the citizens of the State of Florida as I see it.

Not good ... if I lived over there I'd be tempted to remove those signs until legal notice has been posted and someone has answered some hard questions.
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

Hog Guts
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Hog Guts » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:38 pm

I went for a ride yesterday early afternoon (snuck off work) and went from cabbage around winder and back. North side of
Moccasin island was two survey trucks with boat trailer. They are still markin......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Southern Style
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Southern Style » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:42 pm

GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Brother creepin' in on our play area..... I thought the backside of Moccasin Island was a walk in management area... That actually stretched down the dike (headed south) that ended up at the OakHead..... So, what...... Now nobody can go there from the end of Viera Blvd??
DONT ARGUE WITH STUPIDITY...THEY WILL JUST DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL, AND BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.....
KRVSA Member
SJRAA Member
KCCO

Hardtail
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Hardtail » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:05 pm

The Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) is a cost-share and rental payment program under the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), and is administered by the USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA). Technical assistance for CRP is provided by the USDA Forest Service and the USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS). NRCS's natural resources conservation programs help people reduce soil erosion, enhance water supplies with groundwater recharge, improve water quality, increase wildlife habitat, and reduce damages caused by floods and other natural disasters.[1] The CRP encourages farmers to convert highly erodible cropland or other environmentally sensitive acreage to vegetative cover, such as cultivated or native bunchgrasses and grasslands, wildlife and pollinators food and shelter plantings, windbreak and shade trees, filter and buffer strips, grassed waterways, and riparian buffers.[2]
My Note:***
It may not be a bad thing until they post it with "No Trespassing" signs, the government seems to have realized they have really screwed up and are trying to fix the upstream problems by monitoring the groundwater so the farmers upstream will have to comply with keeping it clean, 2nd NOTE: I have property in Kentucky which fall under the compliance and control, at first i was taken back by it but after I found out what and why I guess it is OK for them to have control, because there are a lot of people that would not give hoot about the wildlife and the cause and effect by careless actions of FARMING to make the most money. We all have to find out what is going on and what the bigger picture is,,,If it is for the good or some politician selling us out the the highest bidder...

pontoon outlaw
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by pontoon outlaw » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:13 pm

:rebel: They have been in front of Mocassin for a couple weeks now!!!! I think it's all tied into them flooding the area at the end of Malabar???

gladesman
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by gladesman » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:15 pm

Where are the local clubs in that area - have they not investigated this yet. There may have already been a planning process folks missed - better get some facts fast rather than guessing around.

Feds don't do squat w/o some plan and their plan will contain long range implications if one knows how to read government speak.

That's why So Fla has jumped real hard down the throat River of Grass Greenway - we understood their government speak and ain't takin' it lying down on our back. We ain't givin' up a freekin inch w/o a battle.

gladesman
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by gladesman » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:17 pm

This was a great area I hunted a lot with old Baywart Stone many years ago - would hate to see federal strings wrap it all up.

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:48 pm

gladesman wrote:This was a great area I hunted a lot with old Baywart Stone many years ago - would hate to see federal strings wrap it all up.
Bayward Stone was my step-dad and I couldn't be more proud to say so. Gladesman, some day I hope we meet up. I'll never forget the times I spent on Lake Washington and the St John's with Bayward, Big Thad and Winston. Let's not forget Charlie and Arnold. Of course, there was Little Thad, Tony, JoJo and her sister (damn, I can't remember sheet anymore LOL). I'm pretty sure Danny was there, too. I'll bet you'll remember some of those names. ;) Hell, if the Deseret Ranch couldn't stop them, the Feds won't either. :lol:
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

gladesman
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by gladesman » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:54 pm

There ain't never been as proud a bunch of full fledged outlaws on that River as this bunch. We figured we were takin' from the rich and giving to the poor - US!! LMAO right now. Yep I remember some o0f the names - we rode an old half sinking biiiiig broke down fishing boat from one point to another one day that Thad was gonna work on and fix up. What a scary ride that was.

pontoon outlaw
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by pontoon outlaw » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:15 pm

:cheers: went to the top Man :thumbleft: answers will be coming soon :stirpot:

gladesman
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by gladesman » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:08 pm

checking at the top is OK but -

Maybe check with middle management also because they are a good bit less expert at fine tuning answers that deceive or trick those unfamiliar with government speak into believing there isn't a problem.

Just a thought - based upon experi

pontoon outlaw
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by pontoon outlaw » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:21 pm

:cheers: 10-4 glades I know this guy for couple years now straight to the point he is :thumbleft:

gladesman
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by gladesman » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:40 pm

Sounds Good!

Return to “Airboat Talk”