Fellow Airboaters Child Needs Help

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
mudholian
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Fellow Airboaters Child Needs Help

Postby mudholian » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:25 pm

I am posting this for a friend of mine and many others

Gary and his family are going through some really tough times due to his 9 month old son Bryson being diagnosed with stage 3 Clear Cell cancer. At this time, Bryson is attending ongoing chemo cancer treatment and testing. This is a rare cancer that doctors don’t know much about and it has only been found in young kids. The mother has had to take a leave of absence to take care of Bryson and this has created a financial hardship for the entire family. These people are red blooded American’s; they get up every day, go to work, and do everything they can to take care of their family the American way. These people would never ask for help unless there was no other way and they still haven’t asked for help. A group of us have decided to do it for him and his family. We are in the process of putting together a fundraiser to raise money to help with doctor bills. Alongside the mother having to take a leave of absents, the insurance coverage is coming to an end very soon. They are having issues finding new insurance, without thousands of dollars for a down payment and the pre-existing condition.

The fundraiser will consist of a Hog Tournament, food, many raffles, prizes, bounce house for the kids, and vendors. To list a few of the raffles and prizes, gun, cooler, cash, cut gear, and many others. Southern Life, Handmade by Makon, Osceola Farm and Ranch, and many others will also be on site as well. My cousin, Lem Prescott is handling everything to do with the Hog Tournament and will be posting information soon. He can also be contacted by phone call or text at 407-406-4172 for more information about the tournament, we will also respond to questions on this post through Southern Airboat. Also, there will be a full cash bar on site. Everyone is invited, it doesn’t matter if you are a Hog Hunter or not, we need all the support we can get. Come out, show your support, eat some good food, win some prizes, and hang out with good people. This fundraiser will be family oriented so bring them kids.

If you can find it in your hearts to help this young child and the family, please donate what you can to them in this difficult time, every little bit helps. This family will never forget this help and I guarantee they will “play if forward” when they get the opportunity. I have attached a gofundme.com link at the bottom of the page. Please take the time to look at this link, you can read more on Bryson’s condition and there is more information on the type of cancer he has.

http://www.gofundme.com/forbryson

I would like to thank Southern Airboat in advance for being able to post something like this on their website. I could not think of a better way to reach out to so many good people at one time. I would also like to thank everyone who took the time to read this post, we really appreciate it. God Bless

alumitech520
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Fellow Airboaters Child Needs Help

Postby alumitech520 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:20 pm

btt , come on folks . this is a good family in need . I know the father pretty well, he was an employee of mine for a while. his family means the world to him. as said , no matter how bad in need they would never ask for help . they are a deserveing family. this little boy needs all the prayers and hope humanly possible . life hasn't even started for this young child.so please like asked prior anything at all will help . it will all go to what is needed for them to get through these trying times in their lives. wish Bryson ,gary , sara and McKenzie the best through these times of need.

God bless this family mike and cassandra

maybe this could be made into a sticky note at the top of the page. what do you say rick or whitebear? maybe for a short time weekend or even a week

helicsher
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby helicsher » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:56 pm

I would love to help and attend this event as well
Please post when and where ASAP
I am fighting stage 4 cancer my self right now too only difference is I am 45 years old and all ready lived one he'll of a life. My wife my 4 year old son and the rest of my family know where thease people are right now. Needing money is the last thing they need on there minds
I will meantion this boys name to my pastor in church on Sunday and he will have the hole congregation pray for him.
You post is the beginning of good things to start happenIng for theas people
I can feel it. Time to pull out your wallets boys. Let's take care of this lil boy you will see him on the trail one day and he will thank you.
:angel4: :angel4: :angel4:
"Success Requires No Excuses"

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby digginfool » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:46 pm

Get that kid over to Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa. My niece had clear cell sarcoma and they saved her life. Don't wait. Go now!
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

AirRanger
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby AirRanger » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:11 am

First things first. Prayers for Bryson and the family. I do not know this family but can only imagine the range of emotions they must be dealing with. Years ago SA came together to raise funds for Bullfrog Bud and the outcome was amazing. Back then I used to make and sell spotlight hats before led was all the rage. I auctioned one of them on here as a fundraiser as many things were offered by numerous people. I still have some of these that are brand new. I would like to donate one to auction on here and place the proceeds into the go fund me account listed by the OP. I would accept check or cash for the hat, Pay Pal can be available but of course they take their cut. I will work out shipping with the auction winner.

This is a 100 watt halogen lamp with an extra 55 watt bulb. It has battery connectors with 15 foot quick disconnect cord for storing. This style of light has served very well for many years for frogging, gator hunting, and general night time airboat use. Since this is a fund raiser I think $40.00 reserve is fair for the first bidder. Please bid only on this thread and notate your bid is for the spotlight hat with the amount you are bidding. When the winning bid is collected, I will ship the hat and make the donation into the provided go fund me. Last bid to be Friday 8/14/2015 midnight. The winner and I can trade info via PM on this site. I will put my name or the winners name on the donation just so that every thing can be verified that this is on the up and up. Bid high, Thanks and good luck.

SSR1320
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby SSR1320 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:16 am

Donation made and prayers being sent! Also face book
13' Diamondback ultralight s/v O540 NGQ

SSR1320
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby SSR1320 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:17 am

When and where on event? How do we bid on head light?
13' Diamondback ultralight s/v O540 NGQ

mudholian
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby mudholian » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:26 am

Awesome, thank you for the light auction and the donations, very much appreciated! My cousin should have the flyer for the hunt finished and posted today with all the information for the hunt. Please keep checking back for details.

AirRanger
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby AirRanger » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:35 am

SSR1320 wrote:When and where on event? How do we bid on head light?

Just post your bid in this thread. When time runs out the highest bidder takes it.

mudholian
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby mudholian » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:56 am

Attachments
Bryson.png

mudholian
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby mudholian » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:46 am

digginfool,

Is there a chance you can give me your number or whoever in your family that dealt with this cancer? Gary would like to speak with them to get some information on the cancer center you referd. Thanks in advance for your time.

rjfjr
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby rjfjr » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:21 pm

$100 on light

rjfjr
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby rjfjr » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:22 pm

And prays sent to all

AirRanger
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby AirRanger » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:48 pm

rjfjr wrote:$100 on light

Thank you for the great bid. Good luck.

Lemuel84
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Lemuel84 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:35 pm

Thank everybody for supporting this event, it will be held oct4. At 999w. Southport rd Kissimmee fl 34746 stating at 12noon. But feel free come early if you'd like. The live hog weigh in will be running up 2:00 pm. Plus side enterys for the largest hog will be held also. There so much more going on as well. Well over a couple thousands $$$ in raffles going on through out day. Live dj, bar an good food starting at 12:00. If you have any question feel free call me. Lem Prescott 4074064172

billybob
Southern Airboat Member

Postby billybob » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:18 am

125 on the light.
I do all my own stunts!!!!!!

AirRanger
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby AirRanger » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:28 am

billybob wrote:125 on the light.

Thanks for the bid. Good luck.

AirRanger
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby AirRanger » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:24 am

Bump.
Maybe there are some SA members who missed this thread during the week.

Stossel Boats
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby Stossel Boats » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:43 pm

Posting hoping this will go back to the top our prayers are with the family, I know there are hundreds if not thousands of people on this site I pray that each and every one would be touched in their hearts to give something or anything
Stossel Airboats
The Origin of today's Palm Beach Hull
All others are copies or a mere facsimile there of
And that's a Fact

Stossel Boats
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby Stossel Boats » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:26 pm

Come on folks let's keep it going
Stossel Airboats
And that's a Fact

Stossel Boats
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby Stossel Boats » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:11 pm

HELP
Stossel Airboats
And that's a Fact

Stossel Boats
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby Stossel Boats » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:33 pm

Posting hoping folks will keep it going
Stossel Airboats
And that's a Fact

AirRanger
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby AirRanger » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:42 pm

We have a very generous current high bid of $125.00 for the hat light. I would love to see this as the most obscenely over priced hat lights ever obtained all in the name of a good deed. Remember the bidding ends this Friday night. Good luck and THANK YOU.

Stossel Boats
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby Stossel Boats » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:45 pm

Great
Stossel Airboats
And that's a Fact

mudholian
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby mudholian » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:31 pm

Thanks for all the help in keeping this post active, we really appreciate it! Also, thank you for the donations and support. This post has been seen by many and hope many more take the time to read over it before the fundraiser. Pleae continue to pass this along and post to as much social media as possible.

Return to “Airboat Talk”