Stolen airboat

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
BobbyC
Southern Airboat Member

Stolen airboat

Post by BobbyC »

Sixteen foot floral city with a 454 and four blade prop. Boat was parked in driveway with two locks in micanopy Florida between 8 am and 11:45 am.

Crazy Frog
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Stolen airboat

Post by Crazy Frog »

Wow in the big town of Micanopy? I'll keep an eye out and spread the word AMAP!!

Huntingwithahoyt
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Huntingwithahoyt »

And the scumbags that stole it were driving a red truck with loud exhaust....

fowlmood
Southern Airboat Member

Post by fowlmood »

Was it a big red truck with loud exhaust? It wasn't repo'd was it? Not trying to start stuff, you may have the title, IDK. If it was stolen, I feel your pain. Sorry.
:angry5:
Diamondback Hunting Club LLC.

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by jeepinocala1111 »

Dwaine was it repoed?

BobbyC
Southern Airboat Member

Post by BobbyC »

Boat was not repoed. Boat was paid for with cash. Plus they came back to steal his other boat when the neighbors saw them and they hauled ass. The other boat also purchased with cash. Don't know too many repo people that cover their license plates with a towel. I was there when the deputies took the report. I also know for a fact that as of this afternoon the alachua county sheriffs office was still treating it as a theft. Not a repo.

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Need to post the other pictures on here the one of the truck that took it my son saw the posting at the local dollar general. I had an airboat stollen very close by and caught the guy but I know alot of people around here that I will ask and want to show that picture of the truck to if they are local as I suspect that truck should show up. The only reason I asked if it was repo cause thats a large boat to hide. Need all the pictures you can post. It took me two weeks to find mine but it ended up local very local to micanopy. Did anyone call marion county? Thats who helped well waited for me to find the boat and the guy.

Huntingwithahoyt
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Huntingwithahoyt »

Its the Marion county sheriffs office that is working the case, not Alachua county.....

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Huntingwithahoyt wrote:Its the Marion county sheriffs office that is working the case, not Alachua county.....
Did they get a picture of the truck that took it? I am pretty sure it has to be a local since they came back for the other boat. More information needs to be put up here. Pictures. How about the guy who had it stolen from post his number.

BobbyC
Southern Airboat Member

Post by BobbyC »

jeepinocala1111 wrote:
Huntingwithahoyt wrote:Its the Marion county sheriffs office that is working the case, not Alachua county.....
Did they get a picture of the truck that took it? I am pretty sure it has to be a local since they came back for the other boat. More information needs to be put up here. Pictures. How about the guy who had it stolen from post his number.
Unfortunately the one picture is from a cellphone camera while driving down the road. It just shows the rear of a red truck. The Marion county detective that is working the case thinks that it might actually be a ford. But the left rear bumper does look to be pretty beat up. When I get home I will post a picture of the truck. But it isn't much. The boat owner lives fifty yards from the Alachua county line and they are actively looking for it as well. But Marion county sheriffs office is the lead agency. There really isn't any other info than that.

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Pictures?

BobbyC
Southern Airboat Member

Post by BobbyC »

Like I said bad pic.

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

I am going to guess 2012 to 2014 red f150 of course with the bumper bent down maybe the detective can run all of the local ones that have been in a rear end if even reported.

Return to “Airboat Talk”