DynaMarine

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
Tony480
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Re: DynaMarine

Post by Tony480 »

DynaMarine wrote:It's all good and I sure ain't no sore loser. I saw how much prop was swung just didn't know the RPM but Tony said what he was turning. Weird, same pitch as Bronson's 440" to the same RPM. Either it's a weak ass 440" or a damn strong 418". Course there ain't nothing to the ol' Farmboat so how can it not run with 600+hp right? Both Tony and Bronson turn the same prop with the same ratio box to the same RPM.

Here's a video from Thunder. Even let him get the hit and still put it on a Water Thunder 440" on a 14' ride boat. Guess he had a poor hull cuz it has plenty of power right. :stirpot: :stirpot:

Tony I'm a good sport man and I'd be glad to run'm back. You know I ain't scared to drive down and handle my own business. Let me know when and we'll see where they stack up now. I know I had some left in my boat, how much is left in yours? Sure Dave has a few tips and tricks for you, I know it just tickles him pink that you ran as close as you did. Might not be the same the next go round. Hell it's racing and you might take all 3, especially with me driving LOL :D
I'd say yea...that heavy ass poly fiberglass 15 or 16 foot barge...we'll do it again. It's hunting season now. Gonna have to wait. And we all know Bronson turns his harder than 6k...his also has a lot cleaner air getting to it than mine. Hell no need for me to run Bronson I know he'll dust my ass.

DynaMarine
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by DynaMarine »

PAINKILLER wrote:What's the prop length on tony's boat
Think he said somewhere it was 81.5"
Shane Lavalette
President/Owner

DynaMarine Performance Boats
www.dyna-marine.com
shane@dyna-marine.com

Waterthunder
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Waterthunder »

Everybody has handed out free info and helped some people learn real fast. I sure the hell aint going to blurt out why the pitch marks are the same. I will say I hope you continue to put so much emphases on pitch and RPM's on different boats.
Weird, same pitch as Bronson's 440" to the same RPM. Either it's a weak ass 440" or a damn strong 418". Course there ain't nothing to the ol' Farmboat so how can it not run with 600+hp right? Both Tony and Bronson turn the same prop with the same ratio box to the same RPM.
Using that logic the unlimited boats swing less prop and make less power than most the 418's out there. Don't worry I'm sure if you give the right guy a gearbox for free he will explain it to ya.
THE PROOF IS IN THE PROP!

"If you copy someone you will only achieve what has already been done."

http://waterthunder.com/
321-508-5316

Tony480
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Tony480 »

:lol: :stirpot: :violent1:

DynaMarine
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by DynaMarine »

Waterthunder wrote:Everybody has handed out free info and helped some people learn real fast. I sure the hell aint going to blurt out why the pitch marks are the same. I will say I hope you continue to put so much emphases on pitch and RPM's on different boats.
Weird, same pitch as Bronson's 440" to the same RPM. Either it's a weak ass 440" or a damn strong 418". Course there ain't nothing to the ol' Farmboat so how can it not run with 600+hp right? Both Tony and Bronson turn the same prop with the same ratio box to the same RPM.
Using that logic the unlimited boats swing less prop and make less power than most the 418's out there. Don't worry I'm sure if you give the right guy a gearbox for free he will explain it to ya.
Don't worry Dave, I ain't super concerned with Pitch/RPM as I'm smart enough to know that there's more to it than that. You're signature is "Proof is in the Prop" and even list pitch/rpm with ratio on your website right?

600HP 418 Cubic Inch Motor
This motor with a 2.68 gear ratio will turn the following:

80" R series 3 blade set to the 3.5 mark turns around 5300rpm
83" R series 4 blade set to the 2.5 mark turns around 5300rpm
80" Saber series 8 blade set to 17.5 degrees turns around 5500rpm
This is a power rating you can test and compare without special equipment.
Please compare these with with other builders to see what you are really getting.

So who's putting emphasis on the prop/pitch again ???? :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:
Shane Lavalette
President/Owner

www.dyna-marine.com
shane@dyna-marine.com

KBA
Southern Airboat Member

Post by KBA »

Hey caddells you started this get to building

KBA
Southern Airboat Member

Post by KBA »

Well you started the thread those guys take there racing serious

PAINKILLER
Southern Airboat Member

Post by PAINKILLER »

I just wanted to stick my chest out a little my 406 turns a 82 3bld with the wrong intake small cam etc i dont race with what little power it makes Please yall carry on
MATTHEW 25:35-45 LS 406 82 4bld WaterWalker falcon 2.68 ox box
LS 427 80 3 Bld WaterWalker Maximus 2.68 ox box :rebel:

KBA
Southern Airboat Member

Post by KBA »

Well you started the thread those guys take there racing serious

KBA
Southern Airboat Member

Post by KBA »

Those boats (land cruisers ) are bad a $$

kjs427
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by kjs427 »

All over a compliment :lol:
2019 DynaMarine Revo
448 C.I. Gen III HEMI
2.7 Ballistic

farmboy
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by farmboy »

kjs427 wrote:All over a compliment :lol:
I know it... It's all the damn time on FB. Beating a dead horse over and over... Its ******* dumb in my opinion. Everyone likes different stuff so if you don't like it don't buy it...
14ft JB Hull,Lycoming GSO480 w/water-meth injection,Sensenich 3-blade "R",ButtRaxx seats,B&S Trailer.

Member of Glades Airboat & Buggy Association / Kissimmee River Valley Sportsman Association

kjs427
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by kjs427 »

Not my cup of tea either all I do know is if ya keep your mouth shut and respect others you won't have anything to defend. Some choose to compliment and learn, while others just tear others down. What I do know for a fact is several of these vendors have lost out on some serious cash due to it. While others well...... Just hauling it to the bank. Arrogance is something people just plain hate and 9 out of 10 times will walk and spend any amount not to deal with it. But hey I got a river barge just a slow boat so it's fun to watch as I plan another build 8)
2019 DynaMarine Revo
448 C.I. Gen III HEMI
2.7 Ballistic

DynaMarine
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by DynaMarine »

kjs427 wrote:Not my cup of tea either all I do know is if ya keep your mouth shut and respect others you won't have anything to defend. Some choose to compliment and learn, while others just tear others down. What I do know for a fact is several of these vendors have lost out on some serious cash due to it. While others well...... Just hauling it to the bank. Arrogance is something people just plain hate and 9 out of 10 times will walk and spend any amount not to deal with it. But hey I got a river barge just a slow boat so it's fun to watch as I plan another build 8)
H-E-L-L-C-A-T :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Just sayin....LOL
Shane Lavalette
President/Owner

www.dyna-marine.com
shane@dyna-marine.com

kjs427
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by kjs427 »

Not sure it's worth it then they be bitching pissing moaning how it's got a blower, it's forced induction :cry: mine naturally aspirated hell back when I raced when you opened your mouth and got beat .... Well guess u better shut up..... Sure as hell didn't go looking for excuses why I got beat :lol:
2019 DynaMarine Revo
448 C.I. Gen III HEMI
2.7 Ballistic

KBA
Southern Airboat Member

Post by KBA »

How fast (mph)are those boats

kjs427
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by kjs427 »

Lol fast enough to make u look like a different person by the end of 400 ft with your cheeks where your ears supposed to be!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I couldn't tell you the big boys gonna have to answer that , but be prepared if they are 1mph off there be 60 more replies arguing about it!!!!
2019 DynaMarine Revo
448 C.I. Gen III HEMI
2.7 Ballistic

KBA
Southern Airboat Member

Post by KBA »

We (I) just duck hunt and go from camp to camp without having to get out and push most of the time yall have awesome boats

Tony480
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Tony480 »

KBA wrote:How fast (mph)are those boats
Mid 60's in 400'

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SWAMPHUNTER45 »

Nice build Tony, Hammant did you right.

DynaMarine
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by DynaMarine »

Guess we'll just leave the whole prop/pitch thing alone then and I'll go back to putting my head in the sand. Tony, Dave...always a pleasure guys. Now where's that dang cricket cricket icon at?!?!?!?! :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:
Shane Lavalette
President/Owner

www.dyna-marine.com
shane@dyna-marine.com

Scarecrow
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Scarecrow »

What's the point in even racing, it looks to me like the winner can't really win in the end. Where is the whining icon? :roll: :rebel:

Rich Andrews
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Rich Andrews »

How loud was that Ballistic gearbox when it crossed the finish line,just wandering thinking about upgrading to the fastest one out there
Big Ole Deckover in the making...

farmboy
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by farmboy »

Scarecrow wrote:What's the point in even racing, it looks to me like the winner can't really win in the end. Where is the whining icon? :roll: :rebel:
You hit the nail right on the head with that comment....
14ft JB Hull,Lycoming GSO480 w/water-meth injection,Sensenich 3-blade "R",ButtRaxx seats,B&S Trailer.

Member of Glades Airboat & Buggy Association / Kissimmee River Valley Sportsman Association

Scarecrow
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Scarecrow »

Thanks Farmboy, it just seems like the guys that always want to race don't realize that to have a winner means someone has to lose. :scratch: :rebel:

Return to “Airboat Talk”