DynaMarine

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
Caddellwelding
Southern Airboat Member

Re: DynaMarine

Post by Caddellwelding »

Would LS4 motor be a good start?

Sent from Caddell Welding L.L.C

Caddellwelding
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Caddellwelding »

What needs to happen is this. Have a budget of like 10,000. If you're that good at building a fast airboat, do it with a limited budget! That's when everyone will realize just how good they truly are.

Waterthunder
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Waterthunder »

Now you all see why I only mess with unlimited. No rules and no complaining about what the other guy has. Even though were running the smallest motor out there it's UNLIMITED! I know a few years back Lou wanted Big blocks to have their own class but he is fine with it now that they run one.
THE PROOF IS IN THE PROP!

"If you copy someone you will only achieve what has already been done."

http://waterthunder.com/
321-508-5316

farmboy
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by farmboy »

I didn't hear any one complaining about what other people have except Tony keeps bringing up Shanes motor is bigger with more power over and over. Shane just brought up some facts about some motors and prop pitch that's all... I didn't think it was complaining at all... Just stating some facts... interesting ones too :lol:
14ft JB Hull,Lycoming GSO480 w/water-meth injection,Sensenich 3-blade "R",ButtRaxx seats,B&S Trailer.

Member of Glades Airboat & Buggy Association / Kissimmee River Valley Sportsman Association

Tony480
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Tony480 »

farmboy wrote:I didn't hear any one complaining about what other people have except Tony keeps bringing up Shanes motor is bigger with more power over and over. Shane just brought up some facts about some motors and prop pitch that's all... I didn't think it was complaining at all... Just stating some facts... interesting ones too :lol:
Just stating facts so everyone knows what was on each boat...no different than when I raced Terry and he cried about my horsepower. But that's alright though because he's y'alls hero. :lol:

kjs427
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by kjs427 »

Defending why you got your ass stomped that's funny :lol: Terry run my Hemi boat at thunder if memory serves me right it beat couple thunder engines one a 418 for sure both on smaller lighter boats and my boat got beat by couple thunder engines, so I guess next time I better state what each boat had, weight, prop, wind , humidity ect...... Because I just took the woopin and smiled ( or terry did) 5th out of 11 I think and Shane was in the class also!!!! Guess it's a midwest thing....we get beat point proven end of story!!! down south SOME get a case of Kleenex and book of excuses with your airboat build apparently :cry:

First excuse in book WELL HE DID IT!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
2019 DynaMarine Revo
448 C.I. Gen III HEMI
2.7 Ballistic

kjs427
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by kjs427 »

Rich Andrews wrote:How loud was that Ballistic gearbox when it crossed the finish line,just wandering thinking about upgrading to the fastest one out there

Compliments all the time how quiet my ballistic is..... But there are plenty of damn nice gear drives out there!!!
2019 DynaMarine Revo
448 C.I. Gen III HEMI
2.7 Ballistic

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SWAMPHUNTER45 »

QUESTION:

Tony about how much you got into your Hammant, the Revo is up for sale for $58k

Jimmy M.
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Jimmy M. »

Caddell, I don't think the LS4 would work out because it has a different bellhousing pattern than other LS blocks. I believe it's what they called a GM metric pattern. This motor was used in FWD applications like the Buick LaCross and it has no starter boss on the block either, the starter was mounted to the bellhousing. Hope this helps.
13x7 Hamant, Chevy LS2, 2.68 Rotator, 79" Whirlwind WT EX Triple blade.

KBA
Southern Airboat Member

Post by KBA »

So what ls platform without spending 10 grand is a reliable engine

DynaMarine
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by DynaMarine »

The 5.3L and 6.0L LS are stout motors and can make reliable power out of them. Plenty of 5.3L and 6.0L builds on the internet both EFI and carb'd making 350-500+hp
Shane Lavalette
President/Owner

DynaMarine Performance Boats
www.dyna-marine.com
shane@dyna-marine.com

Tony480
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Tony480 »

SWAMPHUNTER45 wrote:QUESTION:

Tony about how much you got into your Hammant, the Revo is up for sale for $58k
I did a lot of the work myself so what I have in it isn't really comparable to what they are selling their's for.

Caddellwelding
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Caddellwelding »

Think I'll just stay with my little Rotax motors. All I need is a airboat to get me to the noodling holes, and that's what I built. All though oil did go up today 5.8%! :)

Return to “Airboat Talk”