Save the Culture of Airboating

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
Hardtail
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Save the Culture of Airboating

Post by Hardtail » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:59 pm

Being a part of this (Air boating) Culture is a Freedom that will be a thing of the past if we allow those that only ride their chair behind a desk to make and enforce the LAWS that are being made and ENFORCED, some of those that are enforcing those laws are only doing so because it is their JOB, the JOB they are hired to do, some of them believe they are doing it for the good of the bigger picture,,( not so smart type), And then there are some that are not on either side, they are the ones that are willing to learn, they are the ones that want to find out what is the right thing to do,(asking for help from those that know) which gives us this one and only one chance to protect our Culture, (life of Air Boating,,,Gladesman,,,future of the wild life) on the lands that us as Tax Payers have the rights to. What we all need to know is that the wild life needs us to protect and help them for their existence as a healthy species to remain for future generations, Man kind has always been a part of this existence, The Indians were the first to balance this nature, then it became the Sportsmen who hunted and kept things in check and balance by hunting and keeping the herd thinned and healthy, Now we have inbreeding and we all know what that means, deformed and unhealthy herd that will soon become extincted, just like the Florida Panther did, well just a good example of uneducated men creating a super CAT, that will survive and eat everything living until there is nothing left to eat, then they will perish, again, it is just the way of the wild, the predators will rule until they eat everything then they will perish, then there will be a time for the desirable wild life such as the DEER, DUCKS, geese, (those that we would hunt to eat...) because we are the real Predator here on Gods Green Earth. The only difference between us and the natural Predators is that we are intelligent enough to know that if you kill them all then there is nothing left,,, I only wish that to be TRUE. I have seen this from growing up in Minnesota, when I was in grade school years there were no Deer, No pheasants, few ducks, no geese, but many predators, Fox, Coyotes,coons, then they all got sick with mange and starved out. then after about 30 years the Deer, Turkey, Pheasants, Ducks, Geese, all came back, great hunting and very desirable to leave food for them to eat and raise their young, Well now we are dealing with the Predators again and seeing a decline in all the wild life we want and desire, The Predators will only eat the FAWNS, the EGGS, and everything that is easy the obtain, which means they will need a lot of it. If they only ate the old and sick that would be a perfect world.
SO the Moral is: If you are reading this you need to come save this land we love, and the wild life that are being so mismanaged by those that know not what they are doing, because they have not been paying attention to this fragile environment, I believe we still have a chance if we all come to the meeting and show support.

gatorfrog2
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Save the Culture of Airboating

Post by gatorfrog2 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:05 am

:salute: :florida: well said. I shoot every dang HYBRID WOLF/coyote I see. It's politics though. All these so called " biologist " have been studying theses animals/fish/ducks etc for years an they still don't have the answers. Except cross breed them w/ another species or put total restrictions " no hunting" like the FL. black bears an now look where we're at agian. Oops. I guess we need a "special hunting season " an make more $$$ off us " hunters" w/ liscence. Permits quota hunts etc. I'm over it. Pretty much gave up,on offshore fishing an am tired of getting DENIED on "special opportunity " hunts " gator etc. No wonder sum people go OUTLAW!!!!.......HAPPY HUNTING :violent3: :reindeer:

Ps. My wife is a tree hugging, nature loving " biologist". She "protects" them. An I KILL an EAT them:)
Lycoming 0320H 3/4 alum. Custom deckover 69" Narrow Whispertip w/ SuperSlick2000

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Post by scrambletown » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:34 am

DAMN YOU GUY'S WANNA PASS -----WHAT-EVER YOUR SMOKING THIS WAY??????????
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

Hardtail
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Hardtail » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:16 am

scrambletown wrote:DAMN YOU GUY'S WANNA PASS -----WHAT-EVER YOUR SMOKING THIS WAY??????????
Scrambletown,
These Town meetings should have every seat filled, at every location, so they can learn what they should or should not be doing from the Sportsmen and Gladesmen who have the knowledge and experience, FWC admitted to spraying poisons to kill invasive weeds, instead of Burning, this also kills the food supply for the ducks, the ducks don't come in just for swimming, they need food, when there is no food they go elsewhere, not to mention that this Poison also runs down stream and kills other plants that is needed by the wildlife, Spraying Poison is just not acceptable IMO`, This is one tid bit I learn from this last meeting on Tuesday the 13 of October, They said they would be doing more of these meetings around Florida to get input from the Sportsmen in other areas, WE all should go to them and show support so the message to those with connection to the LAWMAKERS gets it right. A lot of them are new (to them it's a JOB) and have never been hunting so they really don't know what is the proper way to do that new job, some of them have recognized this by the statements made by the Sportsmen that come to the meetings and speak up. I believe there are Hunters, Sportsmen, and Gladesmen with the Experience and knowledge, that should be involved to save the Wildlife from the uneducated people in charge, and possibly know how best to handle the invasive plants and predators. I admit that I am new to this area, just got my airboat last May and joined AAOF this year, I am observing and listening at these meetings and just finding out that Florida has some serious issues from mismanagement by uneducated people that want to do right but have no clue what to do, so whatever they do will be wrong, If we don't speak when they are listening then we are in the wrong, AND 2 WRONGS don't make a RIGHT !

John Fenner
Southern Airboat Member

Post by John Fenner » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:56 am

As I understand it the NPS got schooled hard at that meeting!
I never finish anyth,,,.

glades cat
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by glades cat » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:54 am

If the people knew that the NPS controls the hog population by putting out poisoned corn, like they did at Irongrape, they'd have a fit. These are the same hogs that would help control the invasive Python population. A reliable source also said they killed deer in the process of abating the hogs.
There's a lot of wrong in their management tactics.
"Leave a legacy...Preserve the irreplaceable"
12' x 7' sled built by Scorpion, Cont. O-470-K, 72" Whisper Tip
Rigged by Gladescat & sons in 2009

Hardtail
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Hardtail » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:14 pm

John Fenner wrote:As I understand it the NPS got schooled hard at that meeting!
Yes, But the attitude they have is LAWS are LAWS, and there job is to enforce them right or wrong, FWC didn't seem to support that attitude even though they are working together, they said that they needed each other, to change the Laws takes an act of Congress, same as making those laws, Laws get piggy backed into packages that get passed as a group of LAWS, some are good and some are not so good and some just don't belong. Apparently congress don't have time to vote on each and every law one at a time, but finds a way to take the time to enforce them all one at a time, This is something that I for one have not been able to comprehend, The NPS people are not the ones that make the laws so complaining to them "IMO" won't make the law change (toward being able to ride in the park), but writing letters and now EMAILS to the our congress men and women is the only way to get the laws changed, It is a National Park not a State Park so change takes a lot longer. (but not impossible). As the older generation move on and the next generation comes about, the changes seem to just get accepted because the process is so exhausting and time consuming people just give up. But to help save the Wild Life IMO still has a chance, Riding in the Park will be a thing of the past, except if we can show them the Wild Life need us. To just abandon the Park in its current state will leave the Park void of the native species, The Army Corps of Engineers have already destroyed what was the natural flow of water through the Everglades, and now wants to undertake the largest corrective action ever done on Earth. I don't believe they are capable of it any more than they were when they destroyed it in the first place.
I for one have just discovered the Everglades, I have lived in Miami since 1974, in the middle 70's I used to have a 3 wheeler Honda 90cc, would put in off Loop road and ride south, camp in a tent, build a campfire to cook on etc... This was a lot of work and took a lot of time to get around, and couldn't get places we wanted to go because of limitations of a 3 wheeler.
Now with an Airboat getting around is easy, fun, and can go almost anywhere with little or no damage to the environment, So 40 years have gone by, I finally get the airboat only to find out now I can't go anywhere I used to.

John Fenner
Southern Airboat Member

Post by John Fenner » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:23 pm

As my cousin stated, every sportsman from one end of the state to the other needs to band together and run the feds out of Florida, PERIOD!
I never finish anyth,,,.

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Post by scrambletown » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:49 pm

John Fenner wrote:As my cousin stated, every sportsman from one end of the state to the other needs to band together and run the feds out of Florida, PERIOD!
you are absolutely right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BUTT IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!
we just sit still and let them take our right's away...
then bitch about it..go drink another 12 pack...
I was very vocal when they closed the road's up here in the ocala national forest along with about 20,000 other's to 4 wheeler's got n o where!
they are and will do what big money want's PERIOD...
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

Hardtail
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Hardtail » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:18 pm

John Fenner wrote:As my cousin stated, every sportsman from one end of the state to the other needs to band together and run the feds out of Florida, PERIOD!
John
I'm with ya there, I should be notified by E-Mail of each town meeting coming up and will post on here, and I will try and go to them all, and if anybody wants to carpool from Miami it will make the trip easier and more enjoyable, it took only 1 meeting to get my blood boiling, now I read of other such closures in the state of Florida, Just listening to the conversations at that meeting made me realize how incompetent some of them are, can't say all because some of them know better and are asking us for support, so BAND together is very important.

John Fenner
Southern Airboat Member

Post by John Fenner » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:40 pm

I can only imagine what the s#itbag NPS reps reported from the meeting, "all good boss, they hate us"
I never finish anyth,,,.

Hardtail
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Hardtail » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:16 pm

John Fenner wrote:I can only imagine what the s#itbag NPS reps reported from the meeting, "all good boss, they hate us"
Well ya know John, I have other options, its a couple thousand miles away but I get to enjoy my time in the wilderness, work hard and play even harder, so I see this as scrambletown says

482 views and only 10 replies, half mine,,, what is wrong with this picture, whatever happens here is about not being responsible, except for getting another 12 pack, pass whatever this way, let whatever happens happen, totally unbelievable, what do the Viewers on this web site think about, or care about, obviously not a damn thing important, what will it take to get action here, Let's all just give up, so much easier that way, why should I beat my head against the brick wall, when nobody in Florida cares anyway.

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Post by scrambletown » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:43 pm

Hardtail wrote:
John Fenner wrote:I can only imagine what the s#itbag NPS reps reported from the meeting, "all good boss, they hate us"
Well ya know John, I have other options, its a couple thousand miles away but I get to enjoy my time in the wilderness, work hard and play even harder, so I see this as scrambletown says

482 views and only 10 replies, half mine,,, what is wrong with this picture, whatever happens here is about not being responsible, except for getting another 12 pack, pass whatever this way, let whatever happens happen, totally unbelievable, what do the Viewers on this web site think about, or care about, obviously not a damn thing important, what will it take to get action here, Let's all just give up, so much easier that way, why should I beat my head against the brick wall, when nobody in Florida cares anyway.
GIVE THAT MAN A CIGAR----I THINK HE GOT IT!
get every-body together even tho your right will never happen....
and our judicial system prove's it only about 45% of the population votes the other's sit on their ass or draws welfare and bitches and complain's.... :violent1: :violent1:
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

Hardtail
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Hardtail » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:54 pm

scrambletown wrote:
Hardtail wrote:

GIVE THAT MAN A CIGAR----I THINK HE GOT IT!
get every-body together even tho your right will never happen....
and our judicial system prove's it only about 45% of the population votes the other's sit on their ass or draws welfare and bitches and complain's.... :violent1: :violent1:
I like Minnesota more and more, no wonder I gave up on Florida 40 years ago, Its a lost cause here... :angry5: :banghead:

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Post by scrambletown » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:10 pm

HARDTAIL,
believe me if I wasn't in so deep with my business I would have left 20 year's ago.
this state isn't what it was 30 year's ago.
THANK YOU NORTHERN PEOPLE.. :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger:
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

Comanche-pup
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Comanche-pup » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:52 pm

You can write letters, make phone calls, send emails, it does no good, I have tested the replies with different letters and get the same prewritten BS letter back, you cant vote them out because behind closed doors they all have the same goal, take our freedoms, take our lands, where eventually everyone is on the Governments tit so they have slaves, its close to finished now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Olf Art » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:06 am

Do you know how you can tell it's Autumn in Florida? The color of the license plates begins to change. I no longer have any interest in dying here. Goin back to the mountains one day before too long, Good Lord willin.
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

Gary S
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Gary S » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:12 am

Hardtail is right about the meeting rooms needing to be packed, and if you need someone to ride with or a rider to go with you let me know. It is important to have as many pro airboat people at these meetings and if your affiliated with a airboat organization you should wear your colors. There are a lot of anti airboat people out there that have never sat their asses on a boat but know they must be eliminated. It is the same mentality as the idiots that want to save the reefs. Only way they have ever seen them was from a glass bottom boat. I don't really like the canned email responses either but it one of the only ways we have to communicate, and if we can clog their inboxes with the same message they might look a little closer. I know that the net ban was a state law but maybe something on the same order as that could work on a federal level. I am sure there are people all over the country that are being kept out of a national park somewhere. Maybe a constitutional amendment to grant limited access to a park near you thing. I just don't have the knowledge to start something like this.

gruprgetr
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by gruprgetr » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:49 am

:salute: ya'll need to go read waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the archives :scratch: :rebel: :rebel: :rebel: :rebel: :rebel: :rebel: :rebel: :rebel: :proud:
(SWAMP GAS)
IF YOU PISS SOMEONE OFF MEANS THEY HEARD YOU
AIRBOATS DONT SPREAD HYDRILLA

AIRBOATS DONT CAUSE ANIMOSITY- PEOPLE DO!!
PROTECT YOUR FUTURE WEAR A PFD AND VOTE!!
on a dark calm night ya can hear the cryaker scratchin on your poly

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Post by scrambletown » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:18 am

Olf Art wrote:Do you know how you can tell it's Autumn in Florida? The color of the license plates begins to change. I no longer have any interest in dying here. Goin back to the mountains one day before too long, Good Lord willin.
Comanche-pup wrote:You can write letters, make phone calls, send emails, it does no good, I have tested the replies with different letters and get the same prewritten BS letter back, you cant vote them out because behind closed doors they all have the same goal, take our freedoms, take our lands, where eventually everyone is on the Governments tit so they have slaves, its close to finished now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft:
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

glades cat
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by glades cat » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:31 am

I've been to a few meetings for BICY, CERP, NPS/East Everglades GMP, ROGG, Additions lands, Biscayne National Park . I signed the roster and commented on our concerns. This was all good, but nothing outweighs a letter or email sent to the appropriate agency and program manager. Frank Denninger and Eric Kimmel, to name a few, have driven thousands of miles and spent countless hours in the fight for the Gladesman culture and sportsman's rights. So has the FAA, Bishop, Dusty, Brantley and all those folks active in their clubs and organizations.
Look at BICY and the trail system that has been approved. Only primary trails are open. Secondary trails are all closed. Makes for a tough hunt.
Bear Island and the Additions Lands?
Bisc Nat Park and the "No Take Zones"?

There have been a lot of warriors going to battle for many years against the oppression on cultural heritage and public land use. One of the main reasons we promote club memberships and organizations is to indoctrinate new generations of sportsmen and teach them to carry the torches of our freedoms, and do so in unity of mind and purpose.
Thanks to this forum, the various functions and events and the Magazines that have helped unite us.
We need another Bud Marcus event.

It gets old and frustrating dealing with never-ending issues, but we need to get out of our comfort zone and attend meetings and write letters and e-mails.
I thank all those before us that fought a good fight and paved the way. Kudos.

gobblerD
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by gobblerD » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:04 am

I would be into a 1000 boat ride on the NPS confiscated land. We just show up and ride week after week. Make them bankrupt in expenditures. :florida: :florida:
Clog up the areas with People that love Florida. I bet we would get Media coverage. Million boat march.

glades cat
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by glades cat » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:07 am

gobblerD wrote:I would be into a 1000 boat ride on the NPS confiscated land. We just show up and ride week after week. Make them bankrupt in expenditures. :florida: :florida:
Clog up the areas with People that love Florida. I bet we would get Media coverage. Million boat march.
You may be onto something, Gobbler. It will make a statement and the excrement will hit the ventilation device. It might even make national news.

jopete
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by jopete » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:15 am

stick to your guns guys!!!!! i'm afraid we have already folded to the man here in my once proud state of La.

flcracker9
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by flcracker9 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:29 am

gobblerD wrote:I would be into a 1000 boat ride on the NPS confiscated land. We just show up and ride week after week. Make them bankrupt in expenditures. :florida: :florida:

Gotta say Gobbler, that's a damn good idea!!! maybe the start of something big???
12' Open Palm Beach, IO-0470-L 260hp, 72" NGQ

Return to “Airboat Talk”