Save the Culture of Airboating

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Save the Culture of Airboating

Post by scrambletown »

flcracker9 wrote:
gobblerD wrote:I would be into a 1000 boat ride on the NPS confiscated land. We just show up and ride week after week. Make them bankrupt in expenditures. :florida: :florida:
Clog up the areas with People that love Florida. I bet we would get Media coverage. Million boat march.

Gotta say Gobbler, that's a damn good idea!!! maybe the start of something big???
if you will remember when they put a time restriction on orange lake (remember)..
every-body appr. 1000 was going to put a air-boat in on private property and ride the lake all night.
about 20 showed up!
and all went home-----------
and the restriction was put in place, as far as I know no vote-no meeting's just a very rich land owner.
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37
work2slide
Southern Airboat Member

Post by work2slide »

I think that a million boat ride is a awsome idea. The bikers did it trying to get the helment law passed. Set a date I will be there.
gladesman
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by gladesman »

Hell Yes - invade the place just like the steeeenkin' NPS did.

Easy for me to say since I don't have an airboat anymore..

Maybe start in Homestead area and run NW or remove a section of guard rail.

I have seen some airboat trails running South of the new bridge - they got in somehow???? Some here know this area much better than me.

Some might worry about bad press but I wouldn't since the Gladesmen culture trying to survive would make us the underdog - Americans LOVE underdogs. Most of the media would understand IMHO and possibly be on the side of Gladesmen.

Civil disobedience is long past due down here.

Nothin' left to lose so Why Not.

Gladesman
gatorfrog2
Southern Airboat Member

Post by gatorfrog2 »

:stirpot: I'm in for the "million man airboat ride":). When an where. ? :rebel: :drunken:
Lycoming 0320H 3/4 alum. Custom deckover 69" Narrow Whispertip w/ SuperSlick2000
scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Post by scrambletown »

gatorfrog2 wrote::stirpot: I'm in for the "million man airboat ride":). When an where. ? :rebel: :drunken:
tomorrow lake george
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37
jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by jeepinocala1111 »

Why not just everyone puts in a grand and hire a team of lawyers so something actually happens? I spent the time and money making my boat quiet but need a lot of money to get anything done if everyone will come up with money we can beat the airboat discrimination law that changes the entire game. Money talks bullshit walks. I am surprised the airboat companies have not started a huge fund to fight it cause as it gets more restricted they will for sure go out of business.
Hardtail
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Hardtail »

glades cat wrote:
gobblerD wrote:I would be into a 1000 boat ride on the NPS confiscated land. We just show up and ride week after week. Make them bankrupt in expenditures. :florida: :florida:
Clog up the areas with People that love Florida. I bet we would get Media coverage. Million boat march.
You may be onto something, Gobbler. It will make a statement and the excrement will hit the ventilation device. It might even make national news.
You know guys,,, when Florida had a helmet law all the MC clubs, motor cycle riders, HOG owners group etc... staged parades riding without helmets, it worked cause now we don't have to
wear the Helmets unless it is by choice, Being AAOF is a direct connection to the ENP and we have a lot of parking if organized properly, we could stage very large Airboat Parades in the Park, advertise it with the media, even get FWC involved, because on our Helmet protest parades we had the Police involved to control traffic, We could even have benefits toward cancer
patients, or Child abuse, just to make it for more than one good cause, To prove a point we will need to go the extra miles, I don't believe NPS will try give us all a ticket, if they did it would be even bigger news.
Gary S
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Gary S »

If you launch into Tamiami canal at the boat ramp on the dike side you can run under the new bridge and into the park. You would also have all those trailers lined up on the trail for public to see. Maybe a few banners.
Hambone79
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Hambone79 »

I have just moved to south Florida and have for a long time wanted to run my boat in the glades what better way than some type of protest or a good ride. I am in to help in any way I can.
scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Post by scrambletown »

JAMIE,
one of the first places closed up here in the ocala national forest was hopkins prairie thousands and thousands of acres air-boater paradise. closed about 20 years ago. be-for air-boating became so popular..
we would spend 10 plus hours riding.
well the audubon society came in and found a few bird nests knocked over, yep a very powerful organization with plenty of backing and money.
was shortly closed to all gas operated engines of any sort. and made into a bird sanctuary.
paddle boats and canoes only.
---------------GOD BLESS THIS COUNTRY WHERE A FEW CAN WITH MONEY CONTROL THE REST------------
:rebel: :rebel: :rebel: :rebel: :rebel: :rebel: :rebel: :rebel: :rebel: :rebel: :rebel: :rebel: :rebel: :rebel: :rebel: :rebel: :rebel:
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37
gladesman
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by gladesman »

Nothing a real total sporting goods purchase boycott couldn't cure in a short time period.

Is anyone complaining now up for that - I've mentioned a boycott here before with NO takers - so in the end it doesn't look like there are many oppressed Americans even willing to quit buying or repairing or using their toys for a little while to cause a major change.

A boycott doesn't break any laws or rules other than turning capitalism upside down and putting more frear into the establishment than they have had in a long time.

Money Talks and all else including everyone's BS Walks. Our $$$ can be our .458 magnum in this war.

Gladesman
Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Olf Art »

gladesman wrote:Hell Yes - invade the place just like the steeeenkin' NPS did.
Civil disobedience is long past due down here.
Boys, what you're talkin about is anarchy, and you could never win that one. It would only make things much worse.

Besides that, and maybe more importantly, Rick Carroll (who owns this site) doesn't need that kind of talk on here.

Join an airboat club! Attend the meetings! Write letters and emails! Call representatives and legislators! Unfortunately we don't have vigilante law anymore ...... we'll never be able to demand anything anymore. The days of the tall Oak tree are gone. JMO
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW
gladesman
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by gladesman »

Wow Olf, I don't know you that well but that post was sort of surprising.

I mean a little civil disobedience (airboat ride in closed area) being equated to anarchy - I'm not sure I can agree with that.

Personally for years I have believed a strong boycott was the right road to recovering what has been lost.

Of course the boycott would need to be accompanied by an agreed upon list of grievances to be immediately remedied prior to lifting the boycott.

Otherwise NO more sales tax to the state from hunt, fish, boat supplies, repairs or use - just for starters not to mention the business community jumping all over the state.

Gladesman
Hardtail
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Hardtail »

If we had a planned event such as a ride in the PARK with 100's of airboaters, got Park Rangers involved, the media, FWC, etc... There is no harm in that.
A peaceful protest to get attention is how things can get done, If we get TOO MUCH resistance from the law then we would have to cross that bridge when that happens, I don't think it will though,
Sometimes just getting attention is enough, but in my past being a part of a protest usually the law will cooperate and join in Especially FWC, I believe from there attitude at the meeting
they feel we should have access, also having a fundraiser event adds attention and shows us as caring, loving, family oriented members of society and makes an event harder for LAW ENFORCEMENT to block, Giving to cancer, or abused children all really great attention getters, and can let the general public know this is IMPORTANT TO US, enough so that we can generate funds toward a worthy cause. Also a note,,, this is not just about ME ME ME, It is about future generations being able to fall in LOVE with the Everglades so they TOO will PROTECT IT, and if they have no access how will they ever know??????
jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Ok how many members does southern airboat have?
Hardtail
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Hardtail »

jeepinocala1111 wrote:Why not just everyone puts in a grand and hire a team of lawyers so something actually happens? I spent the time and money making my boat quiet but need a lot of money to get anything done if everyone will come up with money we can beat the airboat discrimination law that changes the entire game. Money talks bull**** walks. I am surprised the airboat companies have not started a huge fund to fight it cause as it gets more restricted they will for sure go out of business.
Jeepinocala1111,
We do have a lot of people to participate, but most have spent money on the airboat to keep it running safe, and don't have a grand to put in, IMO we could make it a FUN event for all
willing to show up, putin something they can afford towards the fundraiser, and ride the park for a family outing, Money from masses that love airboating is not going to happen but participation as a FAMILY EVENT and a donation of any size can do much more toward getting media to cover the event, If we can get the Media to cover the event it is worth Thousands maybe Millions. Media is real POWER, If it is free because of a donation towards a worthy cause, will be the most BANG FOR THE BUCKS.
jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Hardtail wrote:
jeepinocala1111 wrote:Why not just everyone puts in a grand and hire a team of lawyers so something actually happens? I spent the time and money making my boat quiet but need a lot of money to get anything done if everyone will come up with money we can beat the airboat discrimination law that changes the entire game. Money talks bull**** walks. I am surprised the airboat companies have not started a huge fund to fight it cause as it gets more restricted they will for sure go out of business.
Jeepinocala1111,
We do have a lot of people to participate, but most have spent money on the airboat to keep it running safe, and don't have a grand to put in, IMO we could make it a FUN event for all
willing to show up, putin something they can afford towards the fundraiser, and ride the park for a family outing, Money from masses that love airboating is not going to happen but participation as a FAMILY EVENT and a donation of any size can do much more toward getting media to cover the event, If we can get the Media to cover the event it is worth Thousands maybe Millions. Media is real POWER, If it is free because of a donation towards a worthy cause, will be the most BANG FOR THE BUCKS.
26330 registered members if we got half to put up 100 bucks there would be no more airboat discrimination end of story.
Hardtail
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Hardtail »

jeepinocala1111 wrote:
Hardtail wrote:
Jeepinocala1111,
26330 registered members if we got half to put up 100 bucks there would be no more airboat discrimination end of story.
Just a wild guess maybe 10% would respond, and maybe 1/2 of them would put up something, realistic numbers are very hard to come by, especially putting up cash already needed for the family, If 10% put up $100 I would put in $1000 if 10 others would commit to $1000.00
That would be 2633 time 100 equals $263,300 plus $10,000...a good start, some really decent Lawyer would need to come on board and be ready to make a name for HIM/HER self, and do something this big. Maybe there is already one on this Forum that would step up and be willing to do this. :old_glory: :usa:
gatorfrog2
Southern Airboat Member

Post by gatorfrog2 »

I'm not a wealthy man compared to most. But I'm wealthy in the fact I have a roof over my families head food on the table an a little extra for doing fun things that help keep my sanity. It always seems every time I go to "get away " it's 2-3 hrs drive an $200-$300 weekend. I would gladly forfeit a few of those weekends an put money " donation" towards a worthy cause.

On that note I think your on the right track w/ a " charity" "awareness" ride an getting the "press" involved the the bikers did w/ the helmet laws. Cause in my view. Just throwing a bunch of money to a bunch of lawyers is BS. they already have enough an will only buy so much time as they slow up the legal system. There's tooooo many "crooked politicians" lobbyist" in the court system just throwing money at it won't do a darn thing. I'd rather give it to sum needy cause. :rebel: :florida: wounded warrior. All children's. St. Jude's etc etc. ?...pic one. Organize a ride. Advertise. Publicize an get local an national media involved. Best chance at fighting these land crabbing tree hugging NAZI's. :slap:
Lycoming 0320H 3/4 alum. Custom deckover 69" Narrow Whispertip w/ SuperSlick2000
jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Just a wild guess maybe 10% would respond, and maybe 1/2 of them would put up something, realistic numbers are very hard to come by, especially putting up cash already needed for the family, If 10% put up $100 I would put in $1000 if 10 others would commit to $1000.00
That would be 2633 time 100 equals $263,300 plus $10,000...a good start, some really decent Lawyer would need to come on board and be ready to make a name for HIM/HER self, and do something this big. Maybe there is already one on this Forum that would step up and be willing to do this. :old_glory: :usa:[/quote]

Id match youre grand maybe more. If we got this done we would win hands down the curfew is bull the discrimination is a dirty word to think of doing either to adults is criminal.
jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

If we come up with enough for a few lawyers good ones we will win. The curfew and discrimination laws take away a few of our amendments just look at 99% of the airboats maybe 100% they all express something each and every one of us make our boats to a point that it is expressing us. First issue FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION. And I do not think any judge will want to support any type of law that has says or even represents DISCRIMINATION that's foul and dirty.
gobblerD
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by gobblerD »

Olf , the idea I had was to get close to a 1000 airboaters to rally and head down to a closed area with the intention of riding. if we could get that kind of turn outs it would get tremendous attention whether any boats are even launched. It would be a sight to see from the news helicopters.
It would be national news ...The standoff in the glades between Florida heritage and tradition against WASHINGTON regulators. :florida: :florida: :florida:
gladesman
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by gladesman »

That sounds like a reasonable approach.

Gladesman
jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

gobblerD wrote:Olf , the idea I had was to get close to a 1000 airboaters to rally and head down to a closed area with the intention of riding. if we could get that kind of turn outs it would get tremendous attention whether any boats are even launched. It would be a sight to see from the news helicopters.
It would be national news ...The standoff in the glades between Florida heritage and tradition against WASHINGTON regulators. :florida: :florida: :florida:

All that would get us are more pissed off people who will say we do whatever we want shut them down. Here is something to also think about. The actual noise law is a criminal offense in Florida so possibly some would go to jail. I peace rally can work if everyone has a quiet boat anything other will do nothing. We need to get rid of the law and quiet our boats that is the only way. Show them we care and are civilized people. An old saying kill them with kindness will work.
BUSHHOG85
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by BUSHHOG85 »

jeepinocala1111 wrote:
gobblerD wrote:Olf , the idea I had was to get close to a 1000 airboaters to rally and head down to a closed area with the intention of riding. if we could get that kind of turn outs it would get tremendous attention whether any boats are even launched. It would be a sight to see from the news helicopters.

All that would get us are more pissed off people who will say we do whatever we want shut them down. Here is something to also think about. The actual noise law is a criminal offense in Florida so possibly some would go to jail. I peace rally can work if everyone has a quiet boat anything other will do nothing. We need to get rid of the law and quiet our boats that is the only way. Show them we care and are civilized people. An old saying kill them with kindness will work.[/. The kill them with kindness hasn't and won't work on this. As long as we keep taking it they will keep hammering us. Ill gladly haul my boats down if this happens :thumbleft:
SC 480 13x7'6 HAMANT
520 13' RICOCHET

Return to “Airboat Talk”