Save the Culture of Airboating

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Re: Save the Culture of Airboating

Post by jeepinocala1111 »

The kill them with kindness hasn't and won't work on this. As long as we keep taking it they will keep hammering us. Ill gladly haul my boats down if this happens :thumbleft:[/quote]

Shutting down the ugly discrimination law will work and will be the only thing that will work. Taking your boats out as a rally will never work cause not enough people will show up as usual.
gobblerD
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by gobblerD »

So far its me, Scrambletown and the kid that works at the bait shop going. :D
scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Post by scrambletown »

gobblerD wrote:So far its me, Scrambletown and the kid that works at the bait shop going. :D
and the stripper at 314 and 40..
the kid said he got a promotion to master baiter said he don't think he can make it now, said it was a lot of responsibility.
so its the stripper you and I gobbler. might take us about 3 hours to go a mile tho. :downtown: :downtown:
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37
gladesman
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by gladesman »

If all outsdoors folks would do that for a while the government would be on their knees in a month - once folks show them they are serious and committed.

Government will suck or do anything for a buck.

Gladesman
Hardtail
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Hardtail »

JUST WANT TO MAKE A STATEMENT LOUD AND CLEAR<<<
This will not work if anybody wants to break the LAW, it is all about peace, and an organized parade, with everybody willing to put up 5 or 10 dollars to cancer or abused children, it is ONLY about getting attention nothing else, we are all Family and let's keep it that way, friendly and if we get stopped at the entrance then that will be the NEWS, after that then we all go north of 41 and have a ride there, I'm sure someone will open their camp for a party, if not we can do our parade on the north side, News should follow, the defeated law abiding airboaters, gave in to BIG GOVERNMENT, We only have to get attention and news coverage, OH by the way we may have to do it on a regular basis, until the people in Washington get IT,
SO WHO IS GOING TO SHOW UP,,, Can we do a count or a vote on this site some way???????
The date will be set up when we get all the DUCKS in a row, but we should get an idea of how many are on board. :old_glory: :proud:
Scarecrow
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Scarecrow »

I'm in tell me when and where. :thumbleft: :rebel:
fl cracker
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by fl cracker »

I'm in brother!
" I have two guns...
One for each of you "

2011 Al David / AV 540
Gary S
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Gary S »

406 JAMIE wrote:Heres a idea just don't register ur boat or trailer for about 2-3 yrs and hurt them the most in there NAZI pockets then they wont have enough money to pay those NAZI land takers.and quit buying hunting/fishing licence s thats where alot of these NAZI organisation s come from our money to enjoy the great fla outdoors.but just keep letting these government run organization s shove it str8 up our @$$ with big old vet rubber glive on up to his shoulder lmao.and jeepinoclca111 u can try all u want up there way to many SNOW BIRDS have moved in there i used to work on state rd 40 astor bridge and if i started working on the bridge at 8-9 am those OLD SUM B***Hes would call sheriff on us for making to much noise or have some of ur LOVELY residence s throw **** at us so now i can see y y all can only be out from 7/7pm.
First, boat and trailer registration goes to the state. This is Everglades National Park that is shutting us out. Not the same people, my understanding is FWC is not in agreement with ENP.
Second of all airboats comprise a very small section of the boating community in Florida. You might say a drop in the bucket. This is why we are where we are at. Majority of public knows nothing about airboats other than they make a lot of noise,
Third I'm not going to park my boat for 2 or 3 years.
And Jeep is right about needing to lawyer up. That and a massive letter or email writing campaign. Maybe even a petition to reverse what is in the bill that congress passed (probably without reading it) that caused all this mess.
Cherpa
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Cherpa »

Gary S.

May I correct you on one thing ? "This is Everglades National Park that is shutting us out"

This is "OUR", your, mine, the nations, Everglade National Park that is shutting us out.

I'm in.
We grow too soon old and too late smart.
gruprgetr
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by gruprgetr »

:salute: :rebel: like I said before ya,ll need to go waaaaaaaaaay back in the archives and READ IT
money gets collected,meetings gone to,letters written,emails sent...........in the end COMPROMISE rears its ugly mug
and CAVE to the burcrapes like turds floats to the top
save your time and money and spend it burning gas and showin your kids what you still have before its gone JMO

but feel free to prove me wrong :rebel: :rebel: :rebel: :rebel: :rebel: :rebel: :old_glory: :florida: :proud:
(SWAMP GAS)
IF YOU PISS SOMEONE OFF MEANS THEY HEARD YOU
AIRBOATS DONT SPREAD HYDRILLA

AIRBOATS DONT CAUSE ANIMOSITY- PEOPLE DO!!
PROTECT YOUR FUTURE WEAR A PFD AND VOTE!!
on a dark calm night ya can hear the cryaker scratchin on your poly
gruprgetr
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by gruprgetr »

:stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: :rebel: :rebel: :rebel:
(SWAMP GAS)

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Post by scrambletown »

gruprgetr wrote::salute: :rebel: like I said before ya,ll need to go waaaaaaaaaay back in the archives and READ IT
money gets collected,meetings gone to,letters written,emails sent...........in the end COMPROMISE rears its ugly mug
and CAVE to the burcrapes like turds floats to the top
save your time and money and spend it burning gas and showin your kids what you still have before its gone JMO

but feel free to prove me wrong :rebel: :rebel: :rebel: :rebel: :rebel: :rebel: :old_glory: :florida: :proud:
I am afraid your right.
no amount of money or attorney will help!!!!!!!attorney's love this type of attitude they laugh behind your back after they get that money.........and do little to nothing..
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37
lilly-Pad
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by lilly-Pad »

Hardtail wrote:JUST WANT TO MAKE A STATEMENT LOUD AND CLEAR<<<
This will not work if anybody wants to break the LAW, it is all about peace, and an organized parade, with everybody willing to put up 5 or 10 dollars to cancer or abused children, it is ONLY about getting attention nothing else, we are all Family and let's keep it that way, friendly and if we get stopped at the entrance then that will be the NEWS, after that then we all go north of 41 and have a ride there, I'm sure someone will open their camp for a party, if not we can do our parade on the north side, News should follow, the defeated law abiding airboaters, gave in to BIG GOVERNMENT, We only have to get attention and news coverage, OH by the way we may have to do it on a regular basis, until the people in Washington get IT,
SO WHO IS GOING TO SHOW UP,,, Can we do a count or a vote on this site some way???????
The date will be set up when we get all the DUCKS in a row, but we should get an idea of how many are on board. :old_glory: :proud:
Bruce as you know I am in for the peaceful rally and donation to good cause. I have spoken to a friend and airboater/sportsman who is a local attorney and we is willing to help. I am with Gary the NPS is Federal Gov nothing to do with Fl registrations. However I bet the NPS has made enough enemies of sportsmen where ever they have a park that it would not be hard to find others to join the fight. Right now it's the ENP and it's eastern expansion tomorrow it will be north or 41 and they will take area 3 specially if they find the other land to be an easy conquest. :violent1: :banghead: Just my two cents but what do I know. count me in......................... :thumbleft: :usa: :proud: :rebel:
12 ft Don Davis / 0470 conv / 68 NGQ , A.A.O.F member

Best laid plans of mice and men, wont always get you laid.............
Hambone79
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Hambone79 »

Iv got to say I agree not paying for boat registration ,hunting LIC etc. isn’t going to do anything except cost the boater/hunter $ in fines for not possessing it or jail time worst case. I am in for a "protest" so to speak I would say a gathering of boaters and make a donation to a cause and get attention on this. I AM IN. once this has been seen on news channels we could start looking at legalities and possible court room actions to try and overturn land actions against Florida sportsmen.
gobblerD
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by gobblerD »

I'm in.
jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Getting a lawyer is the only way anything will ever get done and we need a lot of money for one to win no joke here. If you think getting a lawyer and spending the amount I am talking about wont work then you are lost and will be the sheep that sits on his or her porch saying remember when we used to be allow to own an airboat. Let's not lie to our self they will end all airboating one day all because we were to dam stupid to fight it in court where it all began. They 'the ones that don't like our noise' went to court and shut us down like it or not they laughted at us while making laws pass cause we had nobody 'lawyer' there to fight. This all leads to we need several hundred thousand dollars maybe half a mill to end our leash like it or not you lost we lost. Yeah go act like fergusen and see what will happen you see your the wrong color to get away with that bull. You lose unless you smarten up and fight the legal way. Good luck getting attention florida noise law is punishable by jail it now is a criminal offense it sucks and I wish we could do it your/our way but we cannot.
John Fenner
Southern Airboat Member

Post by John Fenner »

Ok, a ride set up for 1000+ airboaters to hold protest in the area while also supporting a charitible organization sounds like a plan,, but,,, how about we take a closer look at the big picture here.
Let's back up a decade or so, and the pattern here will make sense, back then it wasn't a sportsmen culture, there were many different cliques, airboat hunting in East everglades, in zone 4 of BICY buggy hunting in zone 3, walk hunting ATV hunting with camps all over the big cypress and glades, game was plentiful as well, now take each clique and one by one be harassed by their areas being heavily restricted to access by designated trails and or restrictions of free travel between neighboring camps as it was a community of hunters, and drive them out with burden, area by area clique by clique and low and behold the park gets bigger and bigger with less human access.
You want another side of the same coin, first it was spear fishermen then many other restrictions in the bay as well as fishing, lobstering not forgetting the shrimping community that was run out of black point marina, jet skis and personal watercraft outlawed in the bay etc.
Bottom line is each clique got harrased one at a time and the others were not, so what happened when one asked the other for support? Oh well they aren't bothering us, lather rinse and repeat, the east everglades and corndance unit in the big cypress are now the ones that are being phased out of human access by the NPS and the department of the inferior.
Now that being said, in this day and age all said cliques are now "sportsmen" and all areas of sportsmen should all band together and protest in all areas affected by these land stealing tyrants, it would be a greater impact having all Airboaters, Buggy and full track operators, jet skiers, back country fishermen, bass fishermen, froggers, spear fishermen shrimpers, you get the picture, all of these sportsmen must gather at entry points to any access into the national park thus blocking off any access to visitors period, for instance entry to flamingo, oasis visitor center, Biscayne national park and any other points of access to federal parks. This resembles what Union members do in a strike against big corporations fighting for their rights.
This will be the only way to get the feds off our once Florida public lands.
I never finish anyth,,,.
John Fenner
Southern Airboat Member

Post by John Fenner »

Lawyers will not touch the issue with Sierra club, Audubon and the likes will overpower the best of any lawyers. We need Trump to abolish the department of the interior once elected.
I never finish anyth,,,.
Cherpa
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Cherpa »

"Ok, a ride set up for 1000+ airboaters to hold protest in the area while also supporting a charitible organization sounds like a plan,, but,,, how about we take a closer look at the big picture here." John Fenner

Where are you going to access the "Park" from ? Then, where are you going to park the vehicles ?
We grow too soon old and too late smart.
gladesman
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by gladesman »

Maybe back up to precisely 1989 when the Everglades Park Expansion Act of 1989 was passed. Anyone concerned here should go and study/read every word of that document to see where we actually stand in the East Glades South of US 41.

Yes it is bad what happened to Airboaters in that area but get THIS Miami Dade County lost control of it's drinking water in favor of NPS controlling it. NO Joke it is spelled out clearly in the Act.

The Act is a Federal Law passed by the US Congress and the legal basis for any management plan NPS comes or has come up with - any plan has to mesh with the law. Congress passes laws and Federal agencies (e.g. NPS) are delegated the authority to implement them with their. The public was given chances to comment on plans although in 1989 I doubt many in our communities knew how to effectively comment on them. Commenting is a very technical complicated process to participate in and have any success at getting what one wants. That takes a lot of time studying not only the plan but many documents plans refer to.

One thing that got by everyone in the Eglds Park Plan is that in the salt water areas the ocean bottom was declared as the wilderness area while the freshwater marsh areas from US 41 South had the water column declared as wilderness - thus airboats can't impact the water in any way - thus they are eventually banned from the entire 109,000 acres covered by the 1989 Act. I think I have that right but am working from long term memory here.

Reality is NOT fun to look at:

The ENP management plan won't be up for revision for probably 10 years or more so that avenue of change is a long way off.

The 1989 Act that set all this into motion is probably beyond the Statute of Limitations (or something like that) to litigate.

If someone sued NPS they would have to be able to establish legal standing to do so - which I believe would include proving they participated throughout all the originating processes and commented desiring to continue airboat in the area.

So far it doesn't look like many folks are gravitating to the freedom ride concept - maybe 5 or 6 ??

But on the OTHER hand

There is a Florida law giving the State the right to remove a Federal agency's land management authority if they screw things up out in the environment. IMHO examples of Federal management fiascos are rampant (e.g. panthers, bears, pythons etc.) down here from Big C to ENP to Panther Refuge. Many say doing this isn't possible but the ones saying that usually don't have much if any confidence anyway and have never tried. From what I've been told FWC thinks it would be too hard to prove - oh yeah sure and I wonder how many Federal FWC funding and revenue sources would dry up if the Feds were ousted like the 3rd world dictator they are.

And then there's a BOYCOTT. Guess What - if all sportsmen and sportswomen could be unified (I mean really unified) to do that, it wouldn't cost a dime and would actually grow our bank accounts (as we don't spend/save our $$$) while traumatizing the business community and the Fla state sales tax revenue collector that thrives off the government over-regulating us up to within one inch of everyone quitting outdoor activities entirely. They leave just enough of a meatless bone to keep folks hooked. Man these suckers are smart and good at what they do and have gotten away with it for over 30 years. Money has more power than any lawyer on some things - I believe many of our issues are those type things.

I know hunting and Glades access has taken hard hits but salt water folks (I do believe) have lost way more than we have - I can't understand why anyone would continue spnding the $$$ it takes to keep going out with all the freedom robbing rules they are dreaming up over the last 20 years and are continuing to dream up. Talk about addiction!!!

This rant is over.

Gladesman
John Fenner
Southern Airboat Member

Post by John Fenner »

Cherpa wrote:"Ok, a ride set up for 1000+ airboaters to hold protest in the area while also supporting a charitible organization sounds like a plan,, but,,, how about we take a closer look at the big picture here." John Fenner

Where are you going to access the "Park" from ? Then, where are you going to park the vehicles ?
Going along that body of water next to Tamiami trail just so happens to have a road that runs parallel to a levee, line em up, use the boat ramp for water loading, some might just dump off shallow parts of embankment, and re load there, then they can proceed under the causeway bridge to nowhere that wasted more of our tax money into the "park"
That won't send a hard message as it would if every sportsman in every area of the spectrum were to shut down entrances to parks as if it were a strike.
I never finish anyth,,,.
gruprgetr
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by gruprgetr »

jeepinocala1111 wrote:Getting a lawyer is the only way anything will ever get done and we need a lot of money for one to win no joke here. If you think getting a lawyer and spending the amount I am talking about wont work then you are lost and will be the sheep that sits on his or her porch saying remember when we used to be allow to own an airboat. Let's not lie to our self they will end all airboating one day all because we were to dam stupid to fight it in court where it all began. They 'the ones that don't like our noise' went to court and shut us down like it or not they laughted at us while making laws pass cause we had nobody 'lawyer' there to fight. This all leads to we need several hundred thousand dollars maybe half a mill to end our leash like it or not you lost we lost. Yeah go act like fergusen and see what will happen you see your the wrong color to get away with that bull. You lose unless you smarten up and fight the legal way. Good luck getting attention florida noise law is punishable by jail it now is a criminal offense it sucks and I wish we could do it your/our way but we cannot.
:sign5: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH :violent1: :rebel: :rebel:
(SWAMP GAS)

gruprgetr
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by gruprgetr »

UNLESS theres an old cracker been resurrected and came back as an attorney there aint a LAWYER out there with balllls enough to go up against big BRO :rebel: :rebel: :rebel: :rebel: :rebel: :rebel: :rebel: :rebel: :rebel: :florida:

DANG SURE AINT ONE ON THIS SITE
(SWAMP GAS)

gruprgetr
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by gruprgetr »

ONE person put a curfew on west lake
ONE person put a curfew on orange lake
NO lawyer needed :stirpot:
(SWAMP GAS)

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Wake up I am not saying go fight the government I am saying have a lawyer get the discrimination law abolished and yes it can be done it cost money stop talking crap put out your wallet. The curfews and discrimination laws are beatable cause they are bogus extra added in laws because the one law that covers it all 'noise law' is not being enforced. It is that simple the laws are bogus cause the noise law cover their existence it's just not being enforced. Go do the ten boat ride it will cost you again and you'll again get nothing out of it. But good luck as history repeats itself. I want to win but cant without the rest of you so like the rest of you I'll ride my boat till they shut us all down. There's a lot to learn about history.

Return to “Airboat Talk”