Affliction Airboats

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
RonE
Southern Airboat Member

Affliction Airboats

Postby RonE » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:05 pm

What can anyone tell me about Affliction Airboats built by Jeff Love? Good? Bad? Indifferent?

pipedog
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Re: Affliction Airboats

Postby pipedog » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:11 pm

never heard of them, where are they from?
Palm Beach open hull 13'9" with 6.0 F.I. LS - Ox Box and a 3bld "R"

21DiamondB
Southern Airboat Member

Postby 21DiamondB » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:50 pm

They use an Alumitech hull and rig it themselves calling it an Affliction Airboat.
-------- 16.5 x 8 Diamondback - 632ci - Oxbox 2. 55 - Sensenich 5-Blade JX---------

RonE
Southern Airboat Member

Postby RonE » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:04 am

They are located in Deltona, Fl.

scottyroll
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby scottyroll » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:16 am

I believe they build a lot of Texas style bow fish boats. They look really good IMO
:Scotty-Roll:
FLAwless

1999 14ft Alumitech deckover. ZZ502. 2.37 Stinger. 4 blade WW Falcon Prop

bonecollector
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby bonecollector » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:04 am

RonE wrote:What can anyone tell me about Affliction Airboats built by Jeff Love? Good? Bad? Indifferent?

I like him but I am bias,
Sensenich, Ox Drive gear box dealer 386-279-3712

bonecollector
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby bonecollector » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:07 am

scottyroll wrote:I believe they build a lot of Texas style bow fish boats. They look really good IMO

You are correct Scotty I build mainly bowfishing boats lately and most do go to Texas, Arkansas and LA. And thanks

fowlmood
Southern Airboat Member

Postby fowlmood » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:49 pm

Is there a benefit to having Affliction assemble an Alumitech Airboat for you? Are there things that he can do that Alumitech can't or won't, I.e. front steering, lights, etc? Can you save any money or time?
Alumitech builds a good boat, maybe Affliction has more time to visit with a customer about their needs.
Diamondback Hunting Club LLC.

bonecollector
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby bonecollector » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:19 pm

fowlmood wrote:Is there a benefit to having Affliction assemble an Alumitech Airboat for you? Are there things that he can do that Alumitech can't or won't, I.e. front steering, lights, etc? Can you save any money or time?
Alumitech builds a good boat, maybe Affliction has more time to visit with a customer about their needs.

I would say we are less expensive because it's just me and another guy that helps me out. We don't assemble Alumitech boats we build our own rigging and try to fit the boat to the customer like finding out how tall each customer is so I can make the steering stick and gas pedal things like that more comfortable. I do deliver all our boats and I try to spend as much time as I can with every customer. Alumitech had never done front deck steering until I did and they actually down loaded a picture from my website and copied it which is fine with me since they water jet that parts for me anyways. They build a great boat and I think I build a great boat or rig it or whatever people want to call it.

Comanche-pup
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Comanche-pup » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:23 pm

The benefit is supporting the little guy! JMO, and you get much better customer relations from the little businesses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bonecollector
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby bonecollector » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:30 pm

I tend to agree with more personal service from a small company the down side is turn around time there is no way I can compete with the big guys and it takes longer to get hulls built and other things but in just over 2 years we have turned out around 20 boats and I am very proud of everyone of them. Next year I want to get into a bigger shop and start doing more things but I am in no rush and never want to get so big I don't enjoy it.

speedymoe128
Southern Airboat Member

Postby speedymoe128 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:26 am

there is a few of these boats here in Arkansas and I have to say they are very well built and nicely set up

fowlmood
Southern Airboat Member

Postby fowlmood » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:38 am

bonecollector wrote:
fowlmood wrote:Is there a benefit to having Affliction assemble an Alumitech Airboat for you? Are there things that he can do that Alumitech can't or won't, I.e. front steering, lights, etc? Can you save any money or time?

I would say we are less expensive because it's just me and another guy that helps me out. We don't assemble Alumitech boats we build our own rigging and try to fit the boat to the customer like finding out how tall each customer is so I can make the steering stick and gas pedal things like that more comfortable. I do deliver all our boats and I try to spend as much time as I can with every customer. Alumitech had never done front deck steering until I did and they actually down loaded a picture from my website and copied it which is fine with me since they water jet that parts for me anyways. They build a great boat and I think I build a great boat or rig it or whatever people want to call it.

Sounds like a great niche. Probably won't be long and you'll be building you own hulls, unless you have a deal with Alumitech to make small tweaks at your request. Good luck brother, FM
:salute: :texas:
Diamondback Hunting Club LLC.

Bokey
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Bokey » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:28 am

I am fairly new to airboating. I have a 14 foot boat with a Water Thunder that was built by Alumitech. Raymond and Steve have been good to work with, so I don't have any complaint with them. But after meeting Jeff a couple of years ago, he has done all of the work on my boat. He has gone above and beyond every time that I have needed something. He always follows up after the visit and does "Top Notch" work. I ran into some issues on a Saturday. I called and left him a message. He returned my call within a few minutes and offered to come to the river and help me. Affliction will build my next boat for sure!
14' Alumitech with a 550 Waterthunder

bonecollector
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby bonecollector » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:10 pm

Thanks, Bokey I am looking forward to it,

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby SWAMPHUNTER45 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:13 pm

That is a great compliment Bokey !

Raymond, Steve and Brad were good people to work with at Alumitec so if your raving about Affliction I am sure the service and product will be great.

torque
Southern Airboat Member

Postby torque » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:29 pm

How long have you been in business, An how long have you been around airboats?

bonecollector
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby bonecollector » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:36 pm

torque wrote:How long have you been in business, An how long have you been around airboats?

I have been messing around with airboats for 20 years or so I used to get a lot of hulls from Panther when Bud was alive but I have known Dave and Raymond for years and after I got my first Alumitech hull and seen how well they ride I was hooked on theirs. We have only been a company for 2 years now. I don't do many in Florida only 2 actually most of ours are 18-20 ft bow fishing or duck hunting boats. So far everyone is happy so we are gonna keep doing them like we have been. Thanks

RonE
Southern Airboat Member

Postby RonE » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:00 am

It took a while but so far I am pretty happy with my Affliction Airboat
Attachments
Blind repair 3.jpg
A 3.jpg
A 1.jpg

RonE
Southern Airboat Member

Postby RonE » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:01 am

First hunt
Attachments
2015 opening day 2.jpg

Striker543
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Striker543 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:07 am

Good looking boat. But what's the story behind the tie dye gun??

PAINKILLER
Southern Airboat Member

Postby PAINKILLER » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:19 am

I would say we are less expensive because it's just me and another guy that helps me out. We don't assemble Alumitech boats we build our own rigging and try to fit the boat to the customer like finding out how tall each customer is so I can make the steering stick and gas pedal things like that more comfortable. I do deliver all our boats and I try to spend as much time as I can with every customer. Alumitech had never done front deck steering until I did and they actually down loaded a picture from my website and copied it which is fine with me since they water jet that parts for me anyways. They build a great boat and I think I build a great boat or rig it or whatever people want to call it.[/quote]

Got to say your the first person that builds airboats that says he fits the rudder stick to the driver an puts the gas pedal based on height of driver and where he wants it :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft:
Psalms 101:7 No one who practices deceit shall dwell in my house; no one who utters lies shall continue before my eyes.

bonecollector
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby bonecollector » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:00 pm

Thanks painkiller, I try to do little things that seem simple but they make a big difference to the customer and really that's what its all about. I built a boat for a Deputy in LA and I had a custom black pedal made with a line machined across it and had the line painted blue for the thin blue line. Little things like that. Putting the pedal where its comfortable for the person that will be spending hours on the boat just makes scents Ive been on boats that I had to drive with my heel and some where I had to push the pedal with my toes and with guys spending hours guiding and things comfort makes a big deal. And it does take us awhile to build one but I tell everyone up front I am a one man show but if they can wait they will get a great boat and save some money.

PAINKILLER
Southern Airboat Member

Postby PAINKILLER » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:14 pm

Your right spending time on a boat a man wants the pedal n rudder stick where he wants it :thumbleft: and the height of the seat matters at least to me anyway
Psalms 101:7 No one who practices deceit shall dwell in my house; no one who utters lies shall continue before my eyes.

torque
Southern Airboat Member

Postby torque » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:27 am

What kind of rough price we talking for a 15'x8' front driver side by side all SS rigging, 800hp BBC gear box? Need individual prices on hull,rigging,motor,gear box,etc. I am 6'8" 300lbs

Return to “Airboat Talk”