To The Guy With The Direct Drive LS In 3A

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Re: To The Guy With The Direct Drive LS In 3A

Postby Olf Art » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:31 pm

Kerry, we don't hear from you Texas boys near enough anymore. Tell 'em to post up! :wink: :wink:
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

kwowens1963
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby kwowens1963 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:34 am

Olf Art, will do...damn I miss those beautiful Florida waters, had a blast once again this summer at the Unity run, looking forward to coming down again soon.

Happy Slidin'

KO
2012 15x8 GTO 383 Stroker, 3 blade sensenich
"Don't Stop Believin"
RRAA #007
BRAB #54

Brotherbob
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Brotherbob » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:26 pm

Olf Art wrote:Kerry, we don't hear from you Texas boys near enough anymore. Tell 'em to post up! :wink: :wink:

Olf Art we are still here, we kinda went underground when the Texas elite was trying to run us off our water! Seemed like everytime we posted about an event we either got the attention of law enforcement or crybabies in cry-yacks on our case. The BRAB is on Facebook in a closed group -if you want in just shoot me a email or a FB message and I'll hook you up. We all still come here , read and sometimes post.

This strategy has worked well to control who all comes to a ride or event so we can promote good river / air boat attitudes.

Oh and to keep this on topic- I'd love to see a DD LS boat! Does it have plenty of push?

BB
BRAB41,TAA-220 ,Air Ranger 15x8 , SBC , 78 " 3 blade WW prop, 2.88 Stinger
SHO-NUF!

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Olf Art » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:20 pm

Brotherbob wrote:
Olf Art wrote:Kerry, we don't hear from you Texas boys near enough anymore. Tell 'em to post up! :wink: :wink:

Olf Art we are still here, we kinda went underground when the Texas elite was trying to run us off our water! Seemed like everytime we posted about an event we either got the attention of law enforcement or crybabies in cry-yacks on our case. The BRAB is on Facebook in a closed group -if you want in just shoot me a email or a FB message and I'll hook you up. We all still come here , read and sometimes post.
Oh and to keep this on topic- I'd love to see a DD LS boat! Does it have plenty of push? BB

Dang it, BB ..... I was beginin to think y'all had been washed away with all the flooding.
Our Texas, Nebraska, Alaska, Louisiana .... Hell, all members matter here.

Do you remember a few years back when that woman who was an heir to the Walmart fortune was tryin to get several miles of the Brazos river closed to airboaters? I wrote your Gov. Rick Perry a handwritten note presenting a Florida man's argument against that, and got a very nice note back from his office. In case you've forgotten, I am a TAA member.

Stay in touch over here, OK? :)

Brotherbob
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Brotherbob » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:31 pm

Olf Art wrote:
Brotherbob wrote:

Oh and to keep this on topic- I'd love to see a DD LS boat! Does it have plenty of push? BB

Dang it, BB ..... I was beginin to think y'all had been washed away with all the flooding.
Our Texas, Nebraska, Alaska, Louisiana .... Hell, all members matter here.

Do you remember a few years back when that woman who was an heir to the Walmart fortune was tryin to get several miles of the Brazos river closed to airboaters? I wrote your Gov. Rick Perry a handwritten note presenting a Florida man's argument against that, and got a very nice note back from his office. In case you've forgotten, I am a TAA member.

Stay in touch over here, OK? :)

Yup I remember and just an update on that...she sold all her ranches on the brazos and moved to Fort Worth! Seems she had lots of legal issues in the country!
LOL
BB
BRAB41,TAA-220 ,Air Ranger 15x8 , SBC , 78 " 3 blade WW prop, 2.88 Stinger
SHO-NUF!

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Olf Art » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:35 pm

Given her attitude I'm a little surprised she didn't land in Austin! :toothy7:

KBA
Southern Airboat Member

Postby KBA » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:00 pm

We have a lot of texas people running airboats and a lot of people with bay boats jon boats mud boats etc some with or without reverse I wish every boat ramp had a place for all to use accordingly without prop wash ,waiting 30 minutes (for someone to load there boat) trailer sideways into the dock, yall know just be patient

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Olf Art » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:23 pm

KBA wrote:We have a lot of texas people running airboats and a lot of people with bay boats jon boats mud boats etc some with or without reverse I wish every boat ramp had a place for all to use accordingly without prop wash ,waiting 30 minutes (for someone to load there boat) trailer sideways into the dock, yall know just be patient

Here in Florida if you wanna have a very entertaining afternoon, ice down a couple of soda pops and find yourself a comfortable place to sit at a big boat ramp after the freakin snowbirds have migrated back in. It's hilarious! They come to the river totally unprepared, and it's like watchin one of the old black and white Keystone Cops movies!! :lol: :lol:

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Postby terrible ted » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:57 am

I know years ago we gave every one at the ramp a show. We cut everyone off into the dock. Turned the boat right into the dock with motors running forward. This was a brand new 27 foot trophy. We got the finger screams shouts ever name in the book. While they were looking screaming Mike ran for the trailer. Then the were screaming and laughing as my brother in law rolled the boat around on the dock sliding the side against it to cram it on the trailer. I could hear yea **** the boat you idiot. But once we pulled the boat the scream and swearing change to gasp and awe and holly cow. We had to radio the coast guard on pelican our position and condition and stay in radio contact the whole 28 miles in to shore and let them know we made it got the boat out of the water. Why because our transom broke off the boat. The forward thrust of motors were the only thing keeping it in place. When the boat was pulled out the motors feel back with the transom but the cable and steering lines stopped them from hitting the ramp- twin 150s.

So some time you don't know why they may be acting like ass holes there may be a reason.

gobblerD
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby gobblerD » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:56 am

Olf Art wrote:
KBA wrote:We have a lot of texas people running airboats and a lot of people with bay boats jon boats mud boats etc some with or without reverse I wish every boat ramp had a place for all to use accordingly without prop wash ,waiting 30 minutes (for someone to load there boat) trailer sideways into the dock, yall know just be patient

Here in Florida if you wanna have a very entertaining afternoon, ice down a couple of soda pops and find yourself a comfortable place to sit at a big boat ramp after the freakin snowbirds have migrated back in. It's hilarious! They come to the river totally unprepared, and it's like watchin one of the old black and white Keystone Cops movies!! :lol: :lol:

It sometimes doesn't matter how experienced you are. when the pressure is on ...its on!
My buddy and I pulled up to the Port Canaveral ramp from a day of fishing in his 26 ft Boston whaler. I held the boat at the side dock and he jogged to his truck and backed down flawlessly when it was his turn. He jumped in the boat and drove it up on the trailer. I hooked the bow and gave a couple of quick cranks to secure it. I then jumped in the cab to pull the boat out of the way. I was thinking to myself how awesome we were at getting loaded and out of the way so quickly. But the truck wouldn't move!!I kept gassing it a little more at a time WHEN... A guy in the crowd at the strategically located BAR right next to the ramp yelled. " TAKE THE EMERGENCY BRAKE OFF YOU DUMB A$$!!. I did and pulled out of the way to a tremendous roar of laughter. :violent1:

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Postby terrible ted » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:32 pm

you want funny., My friend 26 foot we drop the boat in the water he pulls out to clear the ramp. while standing on the end of the dock in PC public ramp. I waiting i see him running around in the boat then jumps over board? He forgot to put the plug in the boat. It was cold that day to.

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Postby scrambletown » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:35 pm

HEY GOBBLER,
my wife and I after a day of fishing at pete's pier in crystal river, I backed down the ramp and hooked up the donzi pulled about a third of the way up the ramp looked behind me and the boat was half in the water half out.
tore the electric wench right off the trailer..
I parked the motor-home and got out ran behind the crowed- that gathered walked up and just joined in on the finger pointing.
--------------F--ING WOW WAS I EMBARRASSED-------------
thank-fully the tide was down at the time, so we waited about 4 hour's for it to come up and it floated on the trailer.
did I mention it was the best of the two ramps? and extremely crowded about 10 boats waiting to get out....
damn sure learned a lesson that day, when the boat's on the trailer USE A SAFETY CHAIN.
WHEN ITS LOADED USE A SAFETY CHAIN BEFORE YOU PULL OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:violent1: :lol: :violent1: :lol: :violent1: :lol: :violent1: :lol: :violent1: :lol:
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

Return to “Airboat Talk”