To The Guy With The Direct Drive LS In 3A

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
User avatar
digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III
Posts: 2716
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:00 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: To The Guy With The Direct Drive LS In 3A

Postby digginfool » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:36 am

Bruce wrote:
digginfool wrote:
Bruce wrote:so i complain about some dickhead runnin in between some of our boats damn near runnin a couple of us over and i was bitchinand even in the wrong, but when yall are in a SWIMMING HOLE and get propwash that guys a dickhead lmao my my my arent we a little one way here


If I remember correctly, you had parked your boats behind everybody at the Ridge and got blown around by somebody pulling out. Plus, we're not talking a little bit of propwash. This guy hammered down on those people WTFO from 15 feet away. And it wasn't his buddies he was busting on. There was a lady, a guy and his 17 year-old son, and a couple other kids just outside of the propwash that had to turn away. Heck, I wasn't even affected but it was a total :tool: move and I felt like calling the guy out. Maybe when they catch up to him he'll understand the error of his ways. The guy made it known he wasn't happy and will make amends when he crosses paths with Mr. Purple :knob: .


no as usual ur facts are rearranged to suit you but its ok ill tell you again for like the fifteenth time since it still hasnt sunk in, the dude that blew our boats and almost RAN SOME OF US OVER THAT WERE STANDING UP THE RIDGE came in after all of us, there were plenty of other places to park nobody that was parked on the ridge could have blown our boats where they were,for the record its water getting sprayed by a direct drive boat im sure even at 15 feet it wasnt that bad, and the fact still remains that airboats make a lot of wind and you or your boat are going to get blown it happens all the time but when a dude has to show arrogance by skipping a bunch of spots to park then blows through a bunch of boats and damn near runs people over for no reason thats the issue ive had from the beginning which is a whole lot different than a lil bit of water.


Not re-arranging anything. The story wasn't that important to me. Just what I recalled.
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

Blownaway540
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV
Posts: 163
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:16 pm
Location: East Orlando/Hatchineha Estates

Re: To The Guy With The Direct Drive LS In 3A

Postby Blownaway540 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:34 pm

I feel your pain, 25-30 years ago we all had respect for each other/other boats.....now it's Katie bar the door.....even friends blow friends. Moral of story park way away from anybody and always be ready for a wash or sand blast.
IGSO 0540 (W/out IG) built by the late, great, Dick Hoffman, 13 ft. Alumitech. Member - CRA, KRVSA

User avatar
newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII
Posts: 1948
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:02 pm
Location: WPB & 2a everglades

Re: To The Guy With The Direct Drive LS In 3A

Postby newoldglory » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:50 pm

Blownaway540 wrote:I feel your pain, 25-30 years ago we all had respect for each other/other boats.....now it's Katie bar the door.....even friends blow friends. Moral of story park way away from anybody and always be ready for a wash or sand blast.

Unfortunately it's the drugs and alcohol that controls the boats today. A lot of the new generation will tell you that respect is only for the weak. It's sad that it is illegal to choot the more-on's (on the spot) that are pushing air boaters out of the Glades. When it is ALL gone, the more-on's will blame the government. The respectful and responsible boaters will know better but to no avail. The more-on's will only go on to another high. :banghead:
Last edited by newoldglory on Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To open ones eyes, you must let them see!

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 2823
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:07 pm
Location: orlando

Re: To The Guy With The Direct Drive LS In 3A

Postby terrible ted » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:04 pm

newoldglory wrote:
Blownaway540 wrote:I feel your pain, 25-30 years ago we all had respect for each other/other boats.....now it's Katie bar the door.....even friends blow friends. Moral of story park way away from anybody and always be ready for a wash or sand blast.

Unfortunately it's the drugs and alcohol that controls the boats today. A lot of the new generation will tell you that respect is only for the weak. It's sad that it is illegal to choot the morons (on the spot) that are pushing air boaters out of the Glades. When it is ALL gone, the morons will blame the government. The respectful and responsible boaters will know better but to no avail. The morons will only go on to another high. :banghead:



Add the ones that throw trash out on the river.

User avatar
newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII
Posts: 1948
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:02 pm
Location: WPB & 2a everglades

Re: To The Guy With The Direct Drive LS In 3A

Postby newoldglory » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:32 pm

terrible ted wrote:
newoldglory wrote:
Blownaway540 wrote:I feel your pain, 25-30 years ago we all had respect for each other/other boats.....now it's Katie bar the door.....even friends blow friends. Moral of story park way away from anybody and always be ready for a wash or sand blast.

Unfortunately it's the drugs and alcohol that controls the boats today. A lot of the new generation will tell you that respect is only for the weak. It's sad that it is illegal to choot the morons (on the spot) that are pushing air boaters out of the Glades. When it is ALL gone, the morons will blame the government. The respectful and responsible boaters will know better but to no avail. The morons will only go on to another high. :banghead:



Add the ones that throw trash out on the river.

You got it T T, choot 'em all. Start at the foot, the next time get the leg and then the hip. I personally am sick of giving in to those that are taking our freedom away. JMO :slap:
To open ones eyes, you must let them see!

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII
Posts: 11851
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:33 pm
Location: Plant City, FL

Re: To The Guy With The Direct Drive LS In 3A

Postby Olf Art » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:44 pm

Respect. Respect for your parents, for your family, your community, and your Country.
Respect for the rights of others, the critters that live in wild places, and the lands where they live.
Respect for any man, of any color, if he's willing to stand beside you and do an honest day's work.
Respect for another man's opinion, even if it's different from your own.

When's the last time you heard someone say, "yes ma'am, no ma'am, or please"? How often do you hear "thank you" nowadays? I contend not nearly often enough from many. JMO
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

User avatar
newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII
Posts: 1948
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:02 pm
Location: WPB & 2a everglades

Re: To The Guy With The Direct Drive LS In 3A

Postby newoldglory » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:19 pm

Olf Art wrote:Respect. Respect for your parents, for your family, your community, and your Country.
Respect for the rights of others, the critters that live in wild places, and the lands where they live.
Respect for any man, of any color, if he's willing to stand beside you and do an honest day's work.
Respect for another man's opinion, even if it's different from your own.

When's the last time you heard someone say, "yes ma'am, no ma'am, or please"? How often do you hear "thank you" nowadays? I contend not nearly often enough from many. JMO

"Olf"; Disrespect comes from the parents,-- the generation between our's and the "todays" world. However, we must also consider the "civilized generation" of today. The care-less breed today is a weed that stands out in our yard because it is different. Like gay people, they are different but are now recognized as OK so that we do not offend them. They were born that way so it is OK. It won't be long before a law is passed that makes disrespect OK because some of us did not teach our off springs other wise. :banghead:
To open ones eyes, you must let them see!

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

User avatar
Comanche-pup
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV
Posts: 1539
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:05 pm
Location: Bannerville

Re: To The Guy With The Direct Drive LS In 3A

Postby Comanche-pup » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:28 pm

Funny you guys bring this up, I get praise all the time about how polite my boys are and their mannerism, to me they just act like they are suppose too, I guess acting right is the new "Different"


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Bruce
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV
Posts: 4793
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:43 pm
Location: orange county fl
Contact:

Re: To The Guy With The Direct Drive LS In 3A

Postby Bruce » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:58 pm

Olf Art wrote:Respect. Respect for your parents, for your family, your community, and your Country.
Respect for the rights of others, the critters that live in wild places, and the lands where they live.
Respect for any man, of any color, if he's willing to stand beside you and do an honest day's work.
Respect for another man's opinion, even if it's different from your own.

When's the last time you heard someone say, "yes ma'am, no ma'am, or please"? How often do you hear "thank you" nowadays? I contend not nearly often enough from many. JMO



26 years old and yes ma'am/sir please thank you come out of my mouth everyday second nature
12 foot Mamba "The Underdog"
Tired Gpu 520,Whirlwind Razor X

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 4448
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:16 pm
Location: SCRAMBLETOWN, FL

Re: To The Guy With The Direct Drive LS In 3A

Postby scrambletown » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:51 am

I was brought up not to call a police-officer a (cop) its a show of dis-respect.
today its acceptable.
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

One Eyed Gator
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 1269
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 11:33 am
Location: Ocala,Fl

Re: To The Guy With The Direct Drive LS In 3A

Postby One Eyed Gator » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:29 am

As a young person it is taught and expected well from some parents, as we get older is a choice.
I am the mechanic for all the kids on my street, I will help any of the kids, but they know I will accept nothing less then being respectful to me or anyone on my small piece of property. When they get bored at home the come hang out most will ask to help out or do some type of chore to earn a popsicle (sp) several of the parents have said that I do not have to do that, they kids will do the chore for free. I try to explain to the parents it is a good lesson for them to learn that they have to earn things in life. Even some parents dont understand it is a shame.

User avatar
PAINKILLER
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 1796
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:26 pm
Location: IN THE SOUTH

Re: To The Guy With The Direct Drive LS In 3A

Postby PAINKILLER » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:34 am

One Eyed Gator wrote:As a young person it is taught and expected well from some parents, as we get older is a choice.
I am the mechanic for all the kids on my street, I will help any of the kids, but they know I will accept nothing less then being respectful to me or anyone on my small piece of property. When they get bored at home the come hang out most will ask to help out or do some type of chore to earn a popsicle (sp) several of the parents have said that I do not have to do that, they kids will do the chore for free. I try to explain to the parents it is a good lesson for them to learn that they have to earn things in life. Even some parents dont understand it is a shame.


:thumbleft: well said
Psalms 101:7 No one who practices deceit shall dwell in my house; no one who utters lies shall continue before my eyes.

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII
Posts: 11851
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:33 pm
Location: Plant City, FL

Re: To The Guy With The Direct Drive LS In 3A

Postby Olf Art » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:25 am

Bruce wrote:26 years old and yes ma'am/sir please thank you come out of my mouth everyday second nature

I agree, Bruce. It might be a 'Southern thing' but it comes easy as breathing if you were raised that way.
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

User avatar
Bruce
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV
Posts: 4793
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:43 pm
Location: orange county fl
Contact:

Re: To The Guy With The Direct Drive LS In 3A

Postby Bruce » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:31 am

Olf Art wrote:
Bruce wrote:26 years old and yes ma'am/sir please thank you come out of my mouth everyday second nature

I agree, Bruce. It might be a 'Southern thing' but it comes easy as breathing if you were raised that way.


yes sir i 100% agree with you
12 foot Mamba "The Underdog"
Tired Gpu 520,Whirlwind Razor X

flcracker9
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III
Posts: 520
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:05 pm
Location: Loxahatchee

Re: To The Guy With The Direct Drive LS In 3A

Postby flcracker9 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:52 am

I would venture to say that I use the terms "maam" and "sir", at least 3 or 4 times a day, as it comes natural to me. Some of the younguns get a kick out of it when they ask something and I reply with a maam or a sir. Like Gerald said earlier, it's something that was instilled in me by my parents early in life (lost my father when I was 12, my mother when I was 16, I'm 56 now), so I agree for the most part, the parents have the biggest influence on how we act later in life.
12' Open Palm Beach, IO-0470-L 260hp, 72" NGQ

helicsher
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I
Posts: 428
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:57 pm

Re: To The Guy With The Direct Drive LS In 3A

Postby helicsher » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:38 am

What parents are you guys talking adout?
I think few know what that word means
"Success Requires No Excuses"

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 4448
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:16 pm
Location: SCRAMBLETOWN, FL

Re: To The Guy With The Direct Drive LS In 3A

Postby scrambletown » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:59 am

if you really want to know how parents act get with a school bus driver.
they will tell you how kids call them bit-ches, spit on them and say my dad will tell you..and these are 10 year old's.
and when the bus driver writes them up they the bus driver gets in trouble.
and the parents back their little angel's up..
thank GOD most of the buses have helper's and camera's in them.
my wife has 32 years on one. the camera's have saved her and her helper several times..
and usually the parent's are shown the tape and still back their little hellian's.
NO MORALS WHAT-SO-EVER WITH THE FINE PARENTS. future charles manson in the making or ted bundies...
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

User avatar
gobblerD
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV
Posts: 2285
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:45 pm

Re: To The Guy With The Direct Drive LS In 3A

Postby gobblerD » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:59 am

Hey let me know when ya'll go back to the swimming hole. I'll come down there and keep the peace.
Show how to park and leave correctly. :D

Image

User avatar
Comanche-pup
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV
Posts: 1539
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:05 pm
Location: Bannerville

Re: To The Guy With The Direct Drive LS In 3A

Postby Comanche-pup » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:16 pm

LMBO!!!! That is great Gobbler


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 4448
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:16 pm
Location: SCRAMBLETOWN, FL

Re: To The Guy With The Direct Drive LS In 3A

Postby scrambletown » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:25 pm

let me get this straight GODDLER,
so your gonna be a blow-job cop and enforcer?????????
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

User avatar
gobblerD
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV
Posts: 2285
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:45 pm

Re: To The Guy With The Direct Drive LS In 3A

Postby gobblerD » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:40 pm

scrambletown wrote:let me get this straight GODDLER,
so your gonna be a blow-job cop and enforcer?????????

Not when you put it that way. :lol: :lol:

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 4448
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:16 pm
Location: SCRAMBLETOWN, FL

Re: To The Guy With The Direct Drive LS In 3A

Postby scrambletown » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:47 pm

gobblerD wrote:
scrambletown wrote:let me get this straight GODDLER,
so your gonna be a blow-job cop and enforcer?????????

Not when you put it that way. :lol: :lol:

I know,
I was just being a smart ass. :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

User avatar
Crazy Frog
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 749
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:19 pm
Location: Ocala, Fl.

Re: To The Guy With The Direct Drive LS In 3A

Postby Crazy Frog » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:56 pm

One Eyed Gator wrote:As a young person it is taught and expected well from some parents, as we get older is a choice.
I am the mechanic for all the kids on my street, I will help any of the kids, but they know I will accept nothing less then being respectful to me or anyone on my small piece of property. When they get bored at home the come hang out most will ask to help out or do some type of chore to earn a popsicle (sp) several of the parents have said that I do not have to do that, they kids will do the chore for free. I try to explain to the parents it is a good lesson for them to learn that they have to earn things in life. Even some parents dont understand it is a shame.

X2 Mike!

User avatar
kwowens1963
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:55 am

Re: To The Guy With The Direct Drive LS In 3A

Postby kwowens1963 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:57 pm

That's one thing i love about SA, the thread starts with a rude airboater throwing out a prop wash, and then ends up talking about parenting skills and bad manners...always interesting to read.


Yes, i am from the great state of TEXAS, and I have been to the absolutely stunning state of Florida, all of you do have the best airboating I've ever experienced, but i can say that I am guilty of sending out an unwanted prop wash blow on someone, not on purpose of course, but merely just enjoying the sport I love.

In Texas we just say...Im sorry and can I buy you a beer.

Funny...beer works better than currency at times

Keep your bottoms on the down side and keep sliding brothers...and sisters
2012 15x8 GTO 383 Stroker, 3 blade sensenich
"Don't Stop Believin"
RRAA #007
BRAB #54

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII
Posts: 11851
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:33 pm
Location: Plant City, FL

Re: To The Guy With The Direct Drive LS In 3A

Postby Olf Art » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:31 pm

Kerry, we don't hear from you Texas boys near enough anymore. Tell 'em to post up! :wink: :wink:
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW


Return to “Airboat Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chrisao and 16 guests