Coast of a new boat

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
350 jon
Southern Airboat Member

Coast of a new boat

Post by 350 jon » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:11 pm

Ian thinking about having a new boat built by a manufacture.
Ian just trying to get an idea of what a new boat coasts to have built
Yes I could build it my self but I do not have the cash to build the boat
I want, so the ability to have the build financed would be the only way
I could do it. I also have an idea of where I would like to keep the coast
at. Now if this amount is a reasonable amount I have no clue. I do not
Want some supper fancy show boat. With either 14' and car motor an 4
seats ( not Ls)or13 and 6 ac an 3 seats. I want to be able to run some dry this is
not a hudge Thing for me as I live in sfl and runs mostly grass and some
at lake O. Use will be general riding and duck hunting. Don't want any thing
Shiny. I know probably left out a few things.
13-6 cotton mouth 350 dd 72 wt narrow

John Fenner
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Coast of a new boat

Post by John Fenner » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:36 pm

Send me the ecsackt lottery #$ for tomorrow nights power brawl drooling and I'll build you the dullest plowing and non reliable hunk of crap you can be proud to get stuck on a sawgrass clump in, plywood rudders of course with an old shifter cable from a Honda Civic for safe measure.
I never finish anyth,,,.

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SWAMPHUNTER45 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:38 pm

If your talking about having a major builder construct a new 14ft boat all rigged and turn key it's pretty fair to say around 30k

GCRedfisher
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by GCRedfisher » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:28 pm

SWAMPHUNTER45 wrote:If your talking about having a major builder construct a new 14ft boat all rigged and turn key it's pretty fair to say around 30k
Swamphunter45 is correct. About 6 weeks ago I was quoted $34900 for a 14x8 "stock" boat. SBC, 2:1 belt, 2 blade, single front driver, double rear, 3/8 poly, stainless rigged with galvanized trailer. Nothing at all fancy, just the stainless, standard build. THEY AINT CHEAP!
Been There, Done That and Probably Broke It! If You Ain't Living On The Edge, Your Just Taking Up Space!

Whoever said "The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword" never encountered automatic weapons!

bonecollector
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by bonecollector » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:59 pm

14 x 8 with a small block and stainless rigging is gonna be between 34 and 37 just about anywhere. I built a 15x8 with a 500hp 383, 2.55 ox box 81 inch 3 blade r series side by side rear op with a triple front and a aluminum trailer for 35,500. They are not getting any cheaper as materials keep going up.
Sensenich, Ox Drive gear box dealer 386-279-3712

350 jon
Southern Airboat Member

Post by 350 jon » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:53 pm

coming from Miami I mean Cuba sounds about right of what i would get and pay for some piece of shit Cuban excuse of a airboat. :lol:

also that is about what i was hoping to spend were you offered financing or was cash required.

i just didn't think that was enough as none of the builder i emailed ever got back to me.

bonecollector
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by bonecollector » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:26 am

350 jon wrote:coming from Miami I mean Cuba sounds about right of what i would get and pay for some piece of **** Cuban excuse of a airboat. :lol:

also that is about what i was hoping to spend were you offered financing or was cash required.

i just didn't think that was enough as none of the builder i emailed ever got back to me.
I was paid with a cashiers check but he wet to his bank an got it financed, I have a lot of guys that get loans from thier banks and finance them Its not easy unless you have good credit but it can be done.

Waterbugger
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Waterbugger » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:40 am

There are builders that have finance companies who will finance a boat for you with less than perfect credit, but you will have to insure the boat which is another
$600 to $800 per year. As far as e-mailing a builder they get hundreds per day and unfortunately most are from dreamers so depending on the tone of your e-mail it may not get a response. If you are serious about buying a manufactured boat call them on the phone, they will work with you. The larger manufacturers are like buying an ATV from a honda, yamaha,Kawasaki, or Polaris dealer they have several ways to get you into a boat. You can always do a home equity loan, if you have a newer truck and its paid for and has a large cash value you can finance against that. If you have impeccable credit and a long term good relationship with your bank they may be able to help you as well; however just know air boats are not a sound financial investment for a bank unless they are used for commercial purposes and attached to a profitable business. Good Luck!!

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:49 am

John Fenner wrote:Send me the ecsackt lottery #$ for tomorrow nights power brawl drooling and I'll build you the dullest plowing and non reliable hunk of crap you can be proud to get stuck on a sawgrass clump in, plywood rudders of course with an old shifter cable from a Honda Civic for safe measure.

John :lol: You quack me up! :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbleft:
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

zrackers
Southern Airboat Member

Post by zrackers » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:45 am

You would be better off to buy you a used boat or buy a hill and build the rest. I am building a 14.5x8 with new alumitech built stainless rigging and a DD caddy and new Al trailer and will be at around 18k all in. Doing the engine build myself and picked up a used prop.

If you want to consider used boats, I will have a 12x8 setup for sale in Jan. Has a 4.3 chevy DD on it. Doesn't run much dry but will run three people anywhere with water. Start with something similar and then work your way up later.

350 jon
Southern Airboat Member

Post by 350 jon » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:53 am

I've already have a de boat and have resigned it 3 times to see what I like and now 3 years later I ready for a nice boat with more power and built the way I like. Now I could easily come up with say 10-12k but that's not going to build much boat. Witch is why I would like to try to get one financed thru and mfr because 10-12k would be a nice down payment on a new boat.

350 jon
Southern Airboat Member

Post by 350 jon » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:20 am

I've already have a de boat and have resigned it 3 times to see what I like and now 3 years later I ready for a nice boat with more power and built the way I like. Now I could easily come up with say 10-12k but that's not going to build much boat. Witch is why I would like to try to get one financed thru and mfr because 10-12k would be a nice down payment on a new boat.

zrackers
Southern Airboat Member

Post by zrackers » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:39 pm

I got ya. May talk to a local bank and see if they will loan against a boat. Most won't loan to build but you could put your money as down to get it built then take a loan against the title once it's finished. Just a thought.

fletchster76
Southern Airboat Member

Post by fletchster76 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:26 pm

John Fenner wrote:Send me the ecsackt lottery #$ for tomorrow nights power brawl drooling and I'll build you the dullest plowing and non reliable hunk of crap you can be proud to get stuck on a sawgrass clump in, plywood rudders of course with an old shifter cable from a Honda Civic for safe measure.
John, I see what you did right there and it's hilarious! I needed a translator to read his post.
14’ Viking, 520 conversion, 72" 3 blade ngh

akblackdawg
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by akblackdawg » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:52 am

call the major boat dealers, find one close to you that you like, and ask about their new and or used boats. they should have a assortment of both to look at, tell them you have 10k to put down and you want to finance it, they will set you up unless you have crap for credit, with a big down you can usually buy what you want, save out the rest for insurance and gas for your first month running the boat. Bud
:alaska: If you ain't living on the edge, you're taking up to much space.

15x8 Alumatech hull, with enclosed cab, aluminum cage, LS 3, 6.2 aluminum block ffi, 2.7 Balistic Box, sensinich superwide 3 blade. Built for year around riding in Alaska

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Post by scrambletown » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:59 am

akblackdawg wrote:call the major boat dealers, find one close to you that you like, and ask about their new and or used boats. they should have a assortment of both to look at, tell them you have 10k to put down and you want to finance it, they will set you up unless you have crap for credit, with a big down you can usually buy what you want, save out the rest for insurance and gas for your first month running the boat. Bud
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

FROGMOSS
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by FROGMOSS » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:57 am

Look in the SA classifieds, I have seen some good deals on what you are looking for, probably about half the cost of a new one. Oh yea, when you walk into your local bank and ask for a boat loan, they are all smiles, until you say "Airboat". Good luck!

jopete
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by jopete » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:10 am

Robicheaux had a 98K airboat they were finishing up on in his shop last week.

he told me a 14 x 7 like i wanted was 60k.

Comanche-pup
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Comanche-pup » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:46 pm

akblackdawg wrote:call the major boat dealers, find one close to you that you like, and ask about their new and or used boats. they should have a assortment of both to look at, tell them you have 10k to put down and you want to finance it, they will set you up unless you have crap for credit, with a big down you can usually buy what you want, save out the rest for insurance and gas for your first month running the boat. Bud
I have never saw a large assortment of new and used Airboats at a boat dealer, For that matter, I have never saw a single airboat at a boat dealer other than the boat builders, they arent like Boston whalers or Carolina Skiffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lwells
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Lwells » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:22 pm

Damn, If them new Airboats are that expensive I believe I would consider a Helicopter with floats or an old Super Cub airplane with floats. LOL :stirpot: :lol: :proud: :rebel:

bonecollector
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by bonecollector » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:45 pm

I have customers use their banks all the time as long as you have a down payment and credit it shouldn't be a problem. I am building 2 that will be for sale a 15x8 with a 383 2.55 box and 4 single seats with a 3 blade r prop with trailer and all it will be 37 and change and a 16x8 with a all aluminum 540 big block 2.38 Ox box and a 4 blade r series this one has the fast efi system and 4 single seats both are front op and come with aluminum trailers the 16 x 8 will be 55ish

Return to “Airboat Talk”