Ripped off in inverness florida

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
sinwagon
Southern Airboat Member

Ripped off in inverness florida

Postby sinwagon » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:30 pm

Heard about a guy up in Inverness Florida that had GPU cylinders for sale in grwat shape with 90hours since full overhaul the photos that I was sent were not the photos of the cylinders that I was sold when I got to his house in inverness the cylinders with 90 hours on them is not what I saw I was told every lie in the book and stupidly i thought he would not try to steal my money and sell me garbage parts since he had me meet him at his house but lo and behold all six cylinders were out of spec two of them leak oil profusely from the barrel and the head and the other two are betweand .08 and .013 out of round in the cylinder I contacted the seller and told him that I needed four cylinders replaced he agreed to send them 2 months later I'm still waiting for my cylinders after numerous excuses on his end of why he didn't send them I got tired of waiting and told him I wanted my money refunded and he can have his cylinders back he refuses to give me my money back and I can almost guarantee that he will not send me replacement cylinders based on his track record when you type his name into Google it pulls up all kinds of Ripoff /fraud Reports from the FAA and companies who have been taken by this guy for tens of thousands of dollars I'm now at the point I have filed criminal charges with the Citrus County Sheriff's Office and am having to file a lawsuit against him to get my money refunded I caution anybody do not have any dealings with a man from Inverness Florida by the name of Josh critchfield trying to sell you engine parts I promise you you will regret it I have also spoken with people from the FAA and they have heard about him and his dirty dealings in Colorado
13ft big o
Stock 220 gpu
72 water walker signature series

GCRedfisher
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Re: Ripped off in inverness florida

Postby GCRedfisher » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:37 pm

Shoulda used that trusty "search" feature on this website and you would have found that out before you dealt with him. Sorry to hear you got taken, good luck on the lawsuit.
Been There, Done That and Probably Broke It! If You Ain't Living On The Edge, Your Just Taking Up Space!

Whoever said "The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword" never encountered automatic weapons!

helicsher
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby helicsher » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:43 pm

Keven that guys got page's of complaints on here
Do your research . Save up some money and I'll get you some good ones from warrior
:violent1: :violent1: :violent1:
"Success Requires No Excuses"

GCRedfisher
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby GCRedfisher » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:47 pm

PM MarkMunro on here, he's got a long list of people who got taken, maybe it will help you with a lawsuit or with th CCSO.
Been There, Done That and Probably Broke It! If You Ain't Living On The Edge, Your Just Taking Up Space!

Whoever said "The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword" never encountered automatic weapons!

sinwagon
Southern Airboat Member

Postby sinwagon » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:47 pm

I can't do anything until i get this squatted away im in for a long long ride i can already tell. ...i can't believe people can live there lives ripping others off and feel good about it. ...i didnt know about any of his previous fraud and deception until after i was trying to get my money back or cylinders replaced
13ft big o
Stock 220 gpu

helicsher
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby helicsher » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:10 pm

People that have anything don't rob people because they don't want to lose what they have
I don't know the guy but my guess is he probably has nothing that's why he's on the take
Lick you wounds and move on . It sounds like there a line of pepole try to collect nothing

dodobird
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby dodobird » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:38 pm

maybe he is still high from smoking all that weed in Colorado :florida: 8) 8) 8)
13' laser 360sbc oxdrive 2.68 .... 80" 3 blade whispertip ex :florida:

jopete
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby jopete » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:23 pm

Statement deleted by Mod. Threats of violence on another are not allowed on SA. Refer to the rules please.

that's the only satisfaction you will ever get.

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Postby scrambletown » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:27 am

:happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: wonder how long this thread will last???????????
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Postby scrambletown » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:01 am

ya-know maybee just maybee don't blame him it's buyer beware--know what your buying have a machine shop check out the merchandise first?
once a thief-always a thief!
until this country does something about people like this-- it will only get worse..
this country is ripe for every con-artist, liar, robber, thief, scumbag telemarketer. there is.
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

helicsher
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby helicsher » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:38 am

I certainly understand your point scramble town
But remember the guy said he he would make good on the deal and send him him new cylinders, so that's a warranty and that makes it seller beware
But like I said before if you're Robin people for a couple hundred dollars your at the end of you rope. If you can't do the right thing and help your family and your self any one else is out of the question

jopete
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby jopete » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:25 am

sorry if my post was taken as a threat. lol it was not. It was meerly a option of attaining some satisfaction in a otherwise hopeless situation.

maybe the conman just needs a hug? or is a hug too threatening?

maybe on my deer hunt this afternoon i can just write a nice personnal note to the deer and fold it into a paper airplane and fly it into the deer asking him if he would like to become deer sasage? lol

i dunno, have a great day everybody!!!!!!!

sinwagon
Southern Airboat Member

Postby sinwagon » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:43 am

It is not buyer beware I have numerous pages of documentation stating that he has a 6 month 100% satisfaction warranty to repair replace or refund neither of which he has done or whatever willing to do if he was he would have done it 2 months ago when I initially told him about the problems with the cylinders but instead he decided to screw around and waste my time for over 2 months giving me excuse after excuse it was only when I send him a voicemail and a text message stating that I am filing criminal charges with the Citrus County Sheriff's Office and filing a lawsuit against him that he decides to call me and tell me that my cylinders will be in the mail the next day that was two weeks ago my cylinders or never put in the mail and they never will be he is a liar a cheat and a crook he is now forced me to go after him legally by way of a lawsuit and I will sue him for the maximum of $5,000 that I can in the state of Florida I'm not the only person he has done this too southern airboat on facebook is flooded with people who were deceived and conned out of their money just as I was I'm lucky that mine was only $1,500 and not 4 5 6 and $7,000 as some people
13ft big o
Stock 220 gpu

kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby kwanjangnihm » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:44 am

sinwagon wrote:the photos that I was sent were not the photos of the cylinders that I was sold when I got to his house in inverness the cylinders with 90 hours on them is not what I saw

Bro when that gut feeling hit you, you should have walked!! :angry5:
:rebel:
" I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that? "

PeaRiverOpossum
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby PeaRiverOpossum » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:04 am

I hope it works out for you but I just went through a similar situation with a contractor for a LOT more than 1500. I went and talked to a lawyer. Long story short a law suit is not worth much and it wasn't worth my time. By the time I pay a filling fee, attorney retainer, professional to serve papers and IF the judge rules in my favor 30% of what I'm awarded goes to the attorney. Just simply not worth it unless you've got plenty of money, time and just want to prove a point. Most likely the person your taking to court doesn't legally "own" crap. Kinda hard to get blood from a turnip. He knows that and I'm sure he's thought of that IF he's the crook I hear he is.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Postby scrambletown » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:08 am

good luck on the $5000.
and if your going to small claims court---let me tell you from experience its A FARCE. GOOD LUCK THERE TOO.
and when-ever you buy something sight-un-seen its BUYER-BE-WARE..
your attorney should have told you that..
35 years in salvage business and sending parts all over the u.s. and order's by computer you learn.
our court's are FOR THE CRIMINAL--fing believe me.
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Postby scrambletown » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:12 am

PeaRiverOpossum wrote:I hope it works out for you but I just went through a similar situation with a contractor for a LOT more than 1500. I went and talked to a lawyer. Long story short a law suit is not worth much and it wasn't worth my time. By the time I pay a filling fee, attorney retainer, professional to serve papers and IF the judge rules in my favor 30% of what I'm awarded goes to the attorney. Just simply not worth it unless you've got plenty of money, time and just want to prove a point. Most likely the person your taking to court doesn't legally "own" crap. Kinda hard to get blood from a turnip. He knows that and I'm sure he's thought of that IF he's the crook I hear he is.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

yep-absolutely.
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Postby scrambletown » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:14 am

I am not trying to stick up for this piece of garbage just facts FROM OPOSSUM AND MYSELF!
and I have absolutely learned to despise attorney's..even if you win you loose.
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

farmboy
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby farmboy » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:34 am

Damn after reading this trend it sounds like something JB Airboats would do to someone.... Stay clear of them too or it will happen again.
14ft JB Hull,Lycoming GSO480 w/water-meth injection,Sensenich 3-blade "R",ButtRaxx seats,B&S Trailer.

Member of Glades Airboat & Buggy Association / Kissimmee River Valley Sportsman Association

helicsher
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby helicsher » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:37 am

Like I said . Suck it up and move on brother
Your just going to be waiting in line to get nothing
A law suit will be a waste of your time and any thing you or anyone else says on here is not going to scare him. Right now as we type away at our phones he is working on his next victims that's how he feeds his family. Unfortunately the only consequences for someone like that is there own thoughts when they look at them self's in the mirror
Like scramble town said the court is in his favor

airjohn81
Southern Airboat Member

Postby airjohn81 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:12 am

by no means a threat !!! but my fingers are crossed that he an his cheerleading wife (or what ever she is) are gunna run across one of the hard working up standing citizens that they have ripped off in a walmart, grocery, ect parking lot.. or even better... in the marsh somewhere an be givin a good ol boy lesson on how to do proper business and the consequences of ripping folks off like us.. every dog has its day... an karma is a mother .. well you know !! bout sick of hearing this scumbags name across all the airboat forums an pages.. god bless you guys !!
:old_glory: :florida: :rebel:

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby SWAMPHUNTER45 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:19 am

Yep your probably best to walk away and learn from this experience.

sinwagon
Southern Airboat Member

Postby sinwagon » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:36 am

He's already changed the name of his company on Facebook due to all the negative publicity that he has been receiving he doesn't even have a legitimate business if you did he wouldn't change the name of that every two weeks
13ft big o
Stock 220 gpu

kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby kwanjangnihm » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:41 am

sinwagon can you post the old & new name of his company since its public on facebook?
:rebel:
" I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that? "

sinwagon
Southern Airboat Member

Postby sinwagon » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:02 pm

Old - l&c aircraft parts

New - airboat & aircraft parts
13ft big o
Stock 220 gpu

Return to “Airboat Talk”