glades vacation

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
Grassmasher
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

glades vacation

Post by Grassmasher »

I'm planning a trip to the glades after Christmas. How's the riding off of 41 and do I need permission to use the AAOF ramp and parking?
slip and slide on your ride
Grassmasher

Member:
KRVSA

helicsher
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Re: glades vacation

Post by helicsher »

The ride is great plenty of water
I believe that ramp is on the south side of 41 not sure about access though
Best riding is on the north side put in at tippys ramp and parking is free
Holiday Park is nice to off us 27 free ramp and safe parking
Let me know when you are coming in will ride with you and have some other guys that will go to
"Success Requires No Excuses"
Cherpa
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Cherpa »

Jim, you need to be a member, or a guest of a member to use AAOF club grounds and ramp. There is a ramp located @ Coopertown to ride on the south side of US 41.
We grow too soon old and too late smart.
Gary S
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Gary S »

That ramp at coopertown ain't much, real washed out. Try and find a air boat club member to ride with and will take you to the club.
Grassmasher
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Grassmasher »

Ok thanks. Things aren't set yet completely. I was trying to decide whether to go there or near west davie.
Grassmasher

Member:
KRVSA

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool »

If you're coming from Lake Wales, I would assume you plan to come down US-27. Once you get to I-75, you could head west 10 miles to the 35 Mile Marker (big rest area with the fire station) and put into 3A South from the north. Lots of parking there and real nice ramps. About 19 mile ride to the Swimming Hole/Tower, which is only slightly longer ride from the 40 Mile Bend ramp off US-41. The riding in 3A South is a lot more extensive than what's available south of US-41 and every bit as nice (scenery wise) once you get south of the Tower, IMO.
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat
Hambone79
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Hambone79 »

Hey Jim its Jeremy I rode with you and Justin a few months back I had the little 4 cly boat. I would like to tag along if that’s possible let me know what day your coming down I just had to move to south Florida and haven’t been out yet so know nothing of this area. I need to get out there.
bentonquick
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by bentonquick »

If you put in at Holliday Park be very aware of the tour boat drivers. They are rude and obnoxious. The last time I was there the guide boat drivers (NOT CAPTIANS) . They do not get my respect to be called Captains. Tried to blow my airboat over every chance they got, with their prop wash. Tried to park out of their way down the canel and go eat a hamburger and they went out of their way to drive by and blow my airboat so hard, they locked up my rudders. It was very difficult for me NOT to lose my temper. I have told ALL my friends about it and they say the same thing. Stay away if you have a short fuse. I will never go there again. JMO. :old_glory: :rebel:
helicsher
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by helicsher »

For sure some of the tour boat guys are confused about who owns the glades
I was coming back to the ramp one time with my wife and son as we passed by a tour boat parked in the weeds as usual we saw every one hold up there phone and all the flash bulbs go off to take a pic of us the tourist love seeing the small boats to , then I noticed the driver standing up waving me off to go away. Wrong move buddy, you can't do that to a guy who has been going to holiday park for 40 years. So I spun around drove over to him ,now there really taking pictures, and I parked about 3 feet away from them and welcomed them all to the everglades and hope they enjoy it as much as my family and I. Then I assured then that if there driver saved all his money that will not let him buy it and be the boss and keep anyone from enjoying it .it could tell he
was a little passed at that point now the next day I was heading out again and another driver came up to me and said heard you had a run in with a driver yesterday, I said yes how did you know he said the guy came back and told everyone
Then he said if it happens again you can tell him to kiss my a$$ to
Most of the tour guys are really good people and will get your attention before they pass by your parked boat but there's a jerk in every crowd
"Success Requires No Excuses"
Grassmasher
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Grassmasher »

Hambone79 wrote:Hey Jim its Jeremy I rode with you and Justin a few months back I had the little 4 cly boat. I would like to tag along if that’s possible let me know what day your coming down I just had to move to south Florida and haven’t been out yet so know nothing of this area. I need to get out there.
That's some good info Jeremy. Yeah I want to ride and probably will change my miami hotel to a Lauderdale location.
It's going to be. .12-28/ 12-30 and come home on the 31 for HATM on Kissimmee.
Grassmasher

Member:
KRVSA

Grassmasher
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Grassmasher »

digginfool wrote:If you're coming from Lake Wales, I would assume you plan to come down US-27. Once you get to I-75, you could head west 10 miles to the 35 Mile Marker (big rest area with the fire station) and put into 3A South from the north. Lots of parking there and real nice ramps. About 19 mile ride to the Swimming Hole/Tower, which is only slightly longer ride from the 40 Mile Bend ramp off US-41. The riding in 3A South is a lot more extensive than what's available south of US-41 and every bit as nice (scenery wise) once you get south of the Tower, IMO.
That sounds great. Hope there will be a few riding so I don't get lost :violent1:
Grassmasher

Member:
KRVSA

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool »

Depending on what day you go, if you head out of 35 MM, I'd be happy to show you around. Wife's working and kids have plans. Got to go into the office on Tuesday but outside of that, no plans. Post up what day(s) you plan on riding. If I'm available, I'll PM you. Haven't made up our mind yet on HATM.
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat
Grassmasher
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Grassmasher »

I'm planning on going 12-28/12-30. Check in on 28..maybe ride Monday afternoon then check out on the 31 and come home.
Grassmasher

Member:
KRVSA

Grassmasher
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Grassmasher »

Booked a room with LaQuinta in plantation..... Pet friendly. .. I'll be leaving Monday morning heading down. Should be lots of fun.
Grassmasher

Member:
KRVSA

460 FULLTRACK
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by 460 FULLTRACK »

If you didn't know, Broward airboat club has a camp in area 2. All you need to do is be a member and the camp is available to you to use. We have power, water, and sleeping accommodations. Not a bad deal for 35 bucks a year. Get hold of a member for an application or go to their website or Facebook page for more info.
Scotty1
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III
Location: ft white fla and former Naples fla cracker for 48 years

Post by Scotty1 »

:rebel: My self and a few of the froghole camp members will be in the 3a south res, from the 25 thru 3 or 4 . I am sure there will be a lot of folks out for the week :rebel: :bounce:
Grassmasher
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Grassmasher »

460 FULLTRACK wrote:If you didn't know, Broward airboat club has a camp in area 2. All you need to do is be a member and the camp is available to you to use. We have power, water, and sleeping accommodations. Not a bad deal for 35 bucks a year. Get hold of a member for an application or go to their website or Facebook page for more info.
That's better than the $159.00 a night but I have some medical issues and for not ever being there I think I would do better at the hotel just in case I need something. After this trip and I get to see what's there I can plan for another trip later next year.

Thanks for all the great info. ..see you guys on the 28.
Jim
Grassmasher

Member:
KRVSA

Dylan6959
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Dylan6959 »

I live about 3-4 miles from holiday park off of griffin road. If you want to keep your boat in my back yard I have plenty of room. It would be safer than leaving it in a hotel parking lot. I might even get a chance to ride a little.
john1edwards
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by john1edwards »

You also might consider Macks Fish Camp close to 27 and chrome av. it has access to 3b. That is one of my personal favorite places to ride airboat.
Just an Orange Engine, Nothing Fancy . Proud to be an American
john1edwards
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by john1edwards »

You also might consider Macks Fish Camp close to 27 and chrome av. it has access to 3b. That is one of my personal favorite places to ride airboat.
Just an Orange Engine, Nothing Fancy . Proud to be an American

Return to “Airboat Talk”