First Time Air Boat Visitor To Florida

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
daveo
Southern Airboat Member

First Time Air Boat Visitor To Florida

Post by daveo » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:03 am

An Okie coming to Indialantic for 1 month beginning 2/1/16. Bringing air boat. Does anyone know places to fish or ride. Any suggestions??? Would like to tag along with someone who's going riding. Thanks, Dave.

AirHog
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Re: First Time Air Boat Visitor To Florida

Post by AirHog » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:19 pm

Great places to ride out that way. St. John's River has thousands of acres and many air boaters.
I boat near Ocala but I am sure someone will show you around

Good Luck
AirHog
Bad decisions make good stories!
Citrus County Airboat Alliance Member

JCGator
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by JCGator » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:28 am

I normally dont go south of lake winder on the Jt. Johns but here are some locations you can launch between Lake Poinsett and Lake Harney that are easily looked up on a cell phone:

Lone Cabbage Fish Camp - SR-520 near Rockledge/Cocoa

Airboat Rides at Midway - SR-50 near Titusville. Airboat launch on North side of road and public boat ramp on south side. be careful on the wooden launch area - exposed fasteners reported.

Loughmans Lake Lodge - just off of SR-46 near titusville/geneva/mims

Jolly Gator Fish Camp - SR-46 near Geneva

:thumbleft: :florida:

Slide On and watch out for fence posts!
10'6" Taylor Hull. Lycoming 170 hp - O-320 w/ 480 AV jugs

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:45 am

Camp Holly is on the St John's. Located about 4 miles west of I-95 on 192 (5th Avenue in Indialantic).
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

Skeeter-Gee
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Skeeter-Gee » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:02 pm

if you staying in indiatlantic you have two close options , You can launch at 3 forks at the end of malabar road .Or at the public launch at the end of sweetwater drive off us 192 by the brevard county airboat club .Depending on day of the week etc there is usually folks riding .The weekends are yourbest bet to play follow the leader with someone .

Southern Style
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Southern Style » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:37 pm

Man, give us a call !!!!! There are 2 airboat clubs right here in our backyard.. Brevard County Airboat Assn and the St Johns River Airboat Assn... If you are in Indialantic, US192 (New Haven Avenue) runs from Indialantic (from the beach) straight out under I-95 to the Brevard County Airboat Club House and over the St. Johns River.... Here we ride north or south St. Johns River.. This is where all the places u read about close to hear.. The OakHead every Thursday night.. You have read about TNT !!!!! There is a bunch of testing and tuning each Thursday evening.... Plenty of Friday night and Saturday night rides.. Give us a holler.. I live off of US 192 and could run north or south and show you our stomping grounds.. Plenty of camps in the marsh to stop off at and relax.. Lots of family riders out here... Great times.. Im headed out Saturday again with about 10 boats... Gonna have a nice cookout.. Bring you own steaks and everyone brings a side dish then a nice camp fire and a night ride.. Holler when ur here.. Will stop by and show ya around,,,,,,,
DONT ARGUE WITH STUPIDITY...THEY WILL JUST DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL, AND BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.....
KRVSA Member
SJRAA Member
KCCO

Return to “Airboat Talk”