Possible break in at camp crossroads.

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
Bob1120
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Possible break in at camp crossroads.

Post by Bob1120 »

Took a youth group out for a little ride east of Miami canal. We stopped at crossroad camp or Jessy Howard old camp to let the kids fish off their dock. The rear door had been forced and it looked like the bedroom doors had also been broken into. The camp seemed to be ok other hand that. It was not trashed. We closed the doors and left. The other camps appeared to be undamaged.
We went to picnic island cooked some hotdogs and then cleaned up a bunch of beer cans and bottles that were thrown all over and used for target practice. I hope nothing is missing from the camp. I just don't understand how people can do these kind of things. No respect for other people's things.

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Possible break in at camp crossroads.

Post by scrambletown »

Bob1120 wrote:Took a youth group out for a little ride east of Miami canal. We stopped at crossroad camp or Jessy Howard old camp to let the kids fish off their dock. The rear door had been forced and it looked like the bedroom doors had also been broken into. The camp seemed to be ok other hand that. It was not trashed. We closed the doors and left. The other camps appeared to be undamaged.
We went to picnic island cooked some hotdogs and then cleaned up a bunch of beer cans and bottles that were thrown all over and used for target practice. I hope nothing is missing from the camp. I just don't understand how people can do these kind of things. No respect for other people's things.
sign of the times our youth has no respect for other's or them-selves.
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

helicsher
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by helicsher »

Sign of the times !!!!

The worst behavior I have seen at the cross roads camp was by a man in his 60s :dontknow:
I go to picnic island just to pick up the cans , gives me something to do.
There are pigs and jerks every where , there always has been
"Success Requires No Excuses"

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Post by scrambletown »

helicsher wrote:Sign of the times !!!!

The worst behavior I have seen at the cross roads camp was by a man in his 60s :dontknow:
I go to picnic island just to pick up the cans , gives me something to do.
There are pigs and jerks every where , there always has been
at all ages! plus it's fellow air-boater's!
Last edited by scrambletown on Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

Hardtail
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Hardtail »

Need to set up some game cameras up, so we can post them and find out who they are. Let them know it's just not acceptable and will not be tolerated...

mjr1371
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by mjr1371 »

Thanks, we have someone running over to check on it. People leave their garbage all the time. Use to be a day when we didn't even need to lock the doors. I wish I could say it was the kids but of seen young and old behave badly.

Bob1120
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Bob1120 »

Your welcome! I remember when you left it open all the pictures were great! It was like a history lesson all the good people that worked and played hard! I have a camp in Micco land and fortunately we can leave it open,we do have a chain across the entrance though. If they want in they will get in. You are also exposed to the boat traffic from the canal!

mjr1371
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by mjr1371 »

The canal definitely gives people access they wouldn't have without an airboat. But I've seen good and bad come from both side of the levee. We welcome anybody to stop by even when know one is there, as long as they clean up after themselves. Fortunately there's a lot of good boaters that come by pick up others trash when we're not out there.

Return to “Airboat Talk”