Grape Hammock fish camp?

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
Strangiato
Southern Airboat Member

Grape Hammock fish camp?

Post by Strangiato »

Anyone have any experience here? Airboat friendly? Looks like a canal ride to lake kissimmee ? Thx.

mirage
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Re: Grape Hammock fish camp?

Post by mirage »

Sure looks like a nice place.

Strangiato
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Strangiato »

I thought so too, was hoping someone had first hand experience there.

JO-JO
Southern Airboat Member

Post by JO-JO »

I have a house boat down there and the people are great, it is a nice ride up the West shore from the camp to Brahma Island where there is plenty of exotic game to see. Rental cabins are clean and reasonably priced, the owners Kevin and Barrett Chandley are always around and willing to give pointers on where to ride. Good luck and have fun.

mdelaney
Southern Airboat Member

Post by mdelaney »

X10

mirage
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by mirage »

I just made reservations there for October. Looks like a great place. Now need to know the closest place to get aviation gas. any Information would be great thanks.

Hambone79
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Hambone79 »

It's a very airboat friendly place I know they sell non ethenol fuel . closest place to av gas will be jimmy's it's the citco on hwy 60 headed into lake wales on the right from grape hammock

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool »

Hambone79 wrote:It's a very airboat friendly place I know they sell non ethenol fuel . closest place to av gas will be jimmy's it's the citco on hwy 60 headed into lake wales on the right from grape hammock

It's about 10 miles west of Grape Hammock.
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

Strangiato
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Strangiato »

Must be pretty nice! I just called and all cabins are booked and only three tent sites available for next Saturday night.

mirage
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by mirage »

Cant wait to go

Skeeter-Gee
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Skeeter-Gee »

Grape hammock is beautiful reminds me ofnl what sweetwaters was when i was a kid. This up coming weekend brevard county airboat association has most of the sites reserved and the houses around there as well , our annual camping trip . Little earlier this year than last .The ramp at campground is a little steep but manageable , there is a ramp right around the corner , i recall something about having to pay a small fee ? maybe someone who knows that area better can verify . The ride to lake is a short short idle .

Scarecrow
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Scarecrow »

Nice ramps at Coleman Park-Shady Oaks Campground, as you are heading to Grape Hammock Campground it's the road to the left at Ricochet Airboats and it will cost 5 dollars for ramp use.

mirage
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by mirage »

So are y'all say the boat ramp at Grape Hammock is not very good?. I got a 20ft boat. It was VERY hard to launch at Georgia boys fish camp. Need to find a fish camp with good boat ramp.

slimpickens
Southern Airboat Member

Post by slimpickens »

Coleman shady oaks is a great new county park that offers tent camping as well as rv hook ups with full bath house. It also is very airboat friendly with dry launch as well as new boat ramp very user friendly all the way around KRVSA just hosted there annual lake clean up from there.

rjonesboy
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by rjonesboy »

I stayed at grape hammock several years ago in one of the cabins. Could see my airboat at the dock directly in front of the cabin. I thought it was pretty nice.

FL1GHT1
Southern Airboat Member

Post by FL1GHT1 »

We stayed there 6 months ago. I have a 10 foot full deck Don davis. You will not have any issues with the ramp. Also the cabin was clean. Short run of deep water to get to the skinny water. Can't wait to go back.

Return to “Airboat Talk”