Hull ID info HELP from Casey the Insurance Guy

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
CaseyInsuranceGroup
Southern Airboat Member

Hull ID info HELP from Casey the Insurance Guy

Post by CaseyInsuranceGroup » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:11 pm

Thank you for recent referrals from this site for pleasure and charter. Since I am new to insuring Airboats, (and frankly most underwriters/companies) can someone please advise me why some HULL ID #'s start with FL"Z" as this usually signifies a Homemade boat or SALVAGED. I understand that the boat is built and assembled in pieces, and that's ok, as long as the finished product is "professionally" put together.

I appreciate the advise. Overtime I will do my best to get many companies into the "Market" but its things like this that we need to figure out. I don't mean this as a solicitation or business post if that's against the rules. I would accept a ride as I have circumnavigated the world on a boat but never been on an Airboat!

Casey L Heer
President
Casey Insurance Group Inc.
151 North Nob Hill Rd #269
Plantation, FL 33324
888-537-1412 Ext. 701
888-537-1412 Toll free fax
954-473-4109 Local fax
casey@caseyinsurancegroup.com
www.caseyinsurancegroup.com

Joe
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Re: Hull ID info HELP from Casey the Insurance Guy

Post by Joe » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:01 pm

As I understood it when I bought my new hull,coast gaurd regulations state,unless the company builds the complete boat the manufacturer can only give an MSO,manufacturers statement of origin,and the tag office will only title it as home made.
That's how It was explained to me.
Compromise is for those that cant get it done!!

Equal rights for Southern Whites!

nomad41
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by nomad41 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:11 pm

Casey, You insure my boat. Its a Diamondback. But use it as an example. Say I bought the hull from Diamondback. Took it to say Poor Boys and he built the rigging. When its all said and done. Florida would title it homemade. Cause the original hull maker didn't complete the boat. Also some of these guys have been welding and building their own rigging for years. So they may order a hull and finish the build them selves. Now its also titled a homemade. Some these guys build better then said manufactures. Not putting anybody down. This is a small niche market. Glad to see you here. I have referred several to you.

If you have more questions you can call me next week if you need more info. Bob Herndon 941-705-6344
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nomad41/
Treasurer FAA
Member:FAA, KRVSA ,IRCAA, FSCA

My old boat 14.5x8 Diamondback ,SBC Stroker,2.68 Stinger,Sensenich 82" R
Svcliche@yahoo.com

Seven3
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Seven3 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:23 am

Being that you are based in Broward, are you writing for boats stored in Broward?

CaseyInsuranceGroup
Southern Airboat Member

Post by CaseyInsuranceGroup » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:41 am

Seven3 wrote:Being that you are based in Broward, are you writing for boats stored in Broward?

I am licensed in 40 states. Anywhere is fine.

CaseyInsuranceGroup
Southern Airboat Member

Post by CaseyInsuranceGroup » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:44 am

Hi Bob!! I had a note to call you Monday. Thank you!!!
nomad41 wrote:Casey, You insure my boat. Its a Diamondback. But use it as an example. Say I bought the hull from Diamondback. Took it to say Poor Boys and he built the rigging. When its all said and done. Florida would title it homemade. Cause the original hull maker didn't complete the boat. Also some of these guys have been welding and building their own rigging for years. So they may order a hull and finish the build them selves. Now its also titled a homemade. Some these guys build better then said manufactures. Not putting anybody down. This is a small niche market. Glad to see you here. I have referred several to you.

If you have more questions you can call me next week if you need more info. Bob Herndon 941-705-6344

CaseyInsuranceGroup
Southern Airboat Member

Post by CaseyInsuranceGroup » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:45 am

Thank you kindly!
Joe wrote:As I understood it when I bought my new hull,coast gaurd regulations state,unless the company builds the complete boat the manufacturer can only give an MSO,manufacturers statement of origin,and the tag office will only title it as home made.

Chaseh
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Chaseh » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:29 pm

CaseyInsuranceGroup wrote:
Seven3 wrote:Being that you are based in Broward, are you writing for boats stored in Broward?

Texas???

CaseyInsuranceGroup
Southern Airboat Member

Post by CaseyInsuranceGroup » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:54 am

Chaseh wrote:
CaseyInsuranceGroup wrote:

Texas???
Absolutely! We love the Lone Star State!

CaseyInsuranceGroup
Southern Airboat Member

Post by CaseyInsuranceGroup » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:57 am

Joe wrote:As I understood it when I bought my new hull,coast gaurd regulations state,unless the company builds the complete boat the manufacturer can only give an MSO,manufacturers statement of origin,and the tag office will only title it as home made.
Thank you!

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:39 pm

Do you insure airboats that are titled as home made?
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by newoldglory » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:41 pm

digginfool wrote:Do you insure airboats that are titled as home made?
If so, I will be in contact since I will have my new home made boat this week end if the test and tune goes well. John Fenner built my boat and he is as good as they come. I've never insured a boat but this one I will.
To open ones eyes, you must let them see!

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

Return to “Airboat Talk”