Need Help 2A Now

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Re: Need Help 2A Now

Post by kwanjangnihm » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:07 pm

digginfool wrote:
SWAMPHUNTER45 wrote:Diggin is there any effort to diagnosis the cause of the defect?

It is a Whirlwind hub assembly right? Are they interested in examining the defective component?

By chance was this one of the prop set up's that runs staggered pitch?
I'm not going to hazard a guess as to why this happened. However, I was not running a staggered pitch, nothing hit the prop and nothing was loose. I've already spoke with the manufacturer and arrangements are being made to get the whole prop and all the hardware to them to analyze what may have happened. We spoke at length about the event and issues leading up to it but I will leave the final analysis to them. Once I receive it, I will share at that time. Not trying to be a hardass but want to be fair to the manufacturer. They are being very cooperative and they deserve their time.
Diggin any updates on your prop?? :dontknow:
" I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that? "

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:21 pm

The manufacturer received the prop Wednesday afternoon and they started to look at it yesterday. I'm expecting to hear from them later today.
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

Dirtman
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Dirtman » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:51 pm

Diggin you are to be commended on how you are handling this it seems nowadays too many are all to willing to jump to conclusions and start raving about something they don't have all the info on. Look forward to hearing what they find to be the cause if it is something that can be pinned down
IO520 on a 12"6" Lazer with a 72" Q #20814
Build in progress: 14x7'9" JB w/ GSO540 &80" Razor

Gary S
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Gary S » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:28 am

Greg have you put a dial indicator on your prop flange?

Return to “Airboat Talk”