SE LK. George boat ramp / Volusiasippi sez....."NO AIRBOATS"

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
pierson skunkape
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

SE LK. George boat ramp / Volusiasippi sez....."NO AIRBOATS"

Postby pierson skunkape » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:28 am

There is a lot to this and it is just getting started......Volusia co. Has been given a small tract of land at the southeastern corner of lk.George...the property donated by two attorneys who after spending thousands on land improvements of THEIR choosing and done to THEIR liking, to facilitate a 20' wide by 250' long. Access dock extending out into the lake.........was turned down by the same folks that now want to put a Waterpark at the end of shellharbour road.....and "SOMEONE"...????? :dontknow: told these uninformed yanks that they could "tie into" the already overtaxed well that is owned by the very peeps that your government office is going to ban from launching a certain vessel...PURE SEGRIGATION.... America has a history of certain groups that don't appreciate that form of alienation...........That group being Air boaters of coarse.. :slap: ...I am aware of numerous restrictions on our sport..ie.. curfew laws...ARE THERE ANY PUBLIC ACCESS RAMPS in this beautiful state that CURRENTLY POST signage of any type of USE RESTRICTIONS significant to VESSEL CLASSIFICATION.........location of any such signage would be greatly appreciated-pictures are invaluable.... :thumbleft: ..........Here's the one that burned my sak.......When the panel was advised that many,many homeowners have deeds with access to said ramp for decades of use before said property became available to the previous owner........One of the sludge pushers proclaimed....."Airboaters will need to launch somewhere else"......Nuff said for now.....anticipating the next show... .. :salute: :old_glory: :rebel: :florida:

dan-o
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Re: SE LK. George boat ramp / Volusiasippi sez....."NO AIRBO

Postby dan-o » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:50 am

I saw the article in the SNEWS JOURNAL yesterday and was glad to hear of the new ramp (used to sneak in there every now and then back in the day). I'm a little confused. Who is saying airboats won't be allowed? Anybody important?
"Disneyworld and air conditioning is gonna ruin Florida."
-My Grandmother-

pierson skunkape
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby pierson skunkape » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:33 am

Just the St.Johns river water mgmnt. Dist......Volusia county council....state of fla. Road and bridge dept........Def.not a bunch of nobodies.....the deed from the land Donato stipulated..........NO AIRBOATS :lol: :lol:

Skeeter-Gee
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Skeeter-Gee » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:36 pm

There is a new area off of fellsmere grade rd , that susposed to boast a diverse eco system in terms of structure etc for fishing hunting etc. This property was aquired with the provision stated by the seller that no airboats to be allowed . Any other water craft is ok . :dontknow:

Krahammer
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Krahammer » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:38 pm

Like it or not, airboats and our way of life in the lakes and marshes and rivers are under heavy attack. Lake George and Fellsmere are just the tip. Guy Harvey and investors are right now stealing a public park property to build a private resort on Lake Okeechobee at the Kissimmee River. Already openly declaring that IF airboats are both allowed, it won't be at night.

And a lot of you won't like this, it's partly our fault for running loud with no mufflers and prop washing bass fishermen. That stuff gets us no points.

Like it or not, Florida's population is bigger than New Yawk. And most of the newbies don't give a rat's ass about us or our airboats. The question is, how are we going to respond? What are each of us willing to do to protect our heritage and way of life?

We need to consider getting involved politically. We need to be polite. We need to not make as much noise as we like.

This is a looming disaster for us. What are you going to do?

Gary S
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Gary S » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:23 am

Airboats and jet skies are not allowed in everglades national park, and Biscayne national park. Haven't seen signs but it is rule.

rjfjr
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby rjfjr » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:29 pm

WTF

dan-o
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby dan-o » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:30 am

pierson skunkape wrote:Just the St.Johns river water mgmnt. Dist......Volusia county council....state of fla. Road and bridge dept........Def.not a bunch of nobodies.....the deed from the land Donato stipulated..........NO AIRBOATS :lol: :lol:

Just because they're elected/selected bureaucrats don't make them somebody in my book. My point was the article in the Snews Journal didn't say no airboats. Now I see in the Beacon what's up. Floating dock. Nice kayak launch. :roll: Guess they're going to consider 9 mile for airboats.
"Disneyworld and air conditioning is gonna ruin Florida."
-My Grandmother-

Return to “Airboat Talk”