Boat builder ripoffs.

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
Krahammer
Southern Airboat Member

Boat builder ripoffs.

Post by Krahammer » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:21 pm

Unfortunately, most law enforcement officers and prosecutors say that taking your money and not building your boat is a "civil matter." it is next to impossible to get a criminal prosecution. Civil lawsuits are expensive, and then you have the problem of collecting your judgment from a deadbeat. Due diligence is the way to go. Add a story about your builder horror show.

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Re: Boat builder ripoffs.

Post by Whitebear » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:36 pm

We definitely do NOT want to get this kind of thread started yet again here.

PLEASE read and understand the Southern Airboat Rules.
http://www.southernairboat.com/phpBB3/v ... =3&t=12349
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

HuntingBigun
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by HuntingBigun » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:06 am

See you are not bored now Whitebear lol, get to work lol
Bigun

http://www.krvsa.com

http://krvsa.com/product/airboat-raffle-tickets/

Click for pics = http://www.flickr.com/photos/huntingbigun/

Killin Time 15.6 Diamondback Deckover Mast 808 Hp SC LS 7 /KRVSA /NRA

zrackers
Southern Airboat Member

Post by zrackers » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:28 am

Why is this not an allowed thread? There are some individuals out there that are ripping folks off. It just happened to me. Why would we not want this info spread to help others avoid the same misfortune and drive these scumbags out of so called business.

timmmyy
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by timmmyy » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:49 am

I agree with Zrackers , keep the thread going .
Olways on the furst date

broncobill
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by broncobill » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:24 am

I agree with Zrackers. But in this day and age it seems that the Crooks have more Rights than the Victims

406 JAMIE
Southern Airboat Member

Post by 406 JAMIE » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:59 am

broncobill wrote:I agree with Zrackers. But in this day and age it seems that the Crooks have more Rights than the Victims
X 2.its a shame we can't call a ball a ball and a strike a strike with out a f:ck!n roit :banghead: :banghead: :angry5: :rebel:
Melbourne Mud Mafia Down And Dirty

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Whitebear » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:48 am

The rules on SA have been the same since day one. Nothing new or changed here. Both Rick and myself and other mods have explained it til were weary of it. This is NOT why SA was founded and it is not our purpose.
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry

kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by kwanjangnihm » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:08 pm

Be constructive and be courteous!

Example Post:

Hey I am thinking about having a hull built by Kwan's Extreme AC Performance. Can someone who has had a hull built by Kwan send me a PM (private message) on their purchase experience. Thanks a bunch!

Whitebear is this acceptable?

:thumbleft:
" I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that? "

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Whitebear » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:34 pm

It appears to be as long as it is not simply TROLLING. If you really are ready to part with some money for a hull and doing your due diligence checks and it stays in PM, or even off site, it appears to be fine. Of course anything I say can be modified by Rick who has the last word.

Anything in open text that goes negative whether commercial or even threats to an individual tends to get moderated sooner or later. Now negative is not the same as saying I like this or that which simply shows what you LIKE. Try asking for positive comments about things and see who gets left out...... Grinn

Rich863
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Rich863 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:23 pm

So who are the top metal work builders "easy to deal with, price,quality,turn around time, and honest?
:old_glory: :florida:

Lwells
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Lwells » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:26 am

Have you thought about contacting Hillary and Donald and getting their opinions on this also since it is debate time? :stirpot: :dontknow: :violent1: You guys will have to excuse me for this but for some reason I just had to do this . Does anyone else ever get this way?

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Post by terrible ted » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:04 am

Don't believe any thing on this forum they only allow lying that the builder good so you get screwed. You have to do you own investigation.

406 JAMIE
Southern Airboat Member

Post by 406 JAMIE » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:44 pm

terrible ted wrote:Don't believe any thing on this forum they only allow lying that the builder good so you get screwed. You have to do you own investigation.

X 2 :thumbleft: :rebel:

Deano
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by Deano » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:15 am

Now that the other thread finished going in the ditch and is now gone, let me
share something that has seemed obvious to me, but still seems to elude others.

It wouldn't be that difficult for a man to start his own website called RateYourAirboatBuilder.com :thumbleft:
The advantage would be that you could create your own rules, then do and say whatever you like. :)
The dis-advantage could be that you might amass a lot of liability & grief that Rick has avoided here. :shock:
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge; it has no place in the endeavor of science."
- Carl Sagan

406 JAMIE
Southern Airboat Member

Post by 406 JAMIE » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:39 am

well mr.deano plz with no disrespect there r alot of other sites like harley sites,trucks gone wild site,gun sites just to name a few that u can talk the bad about stuff and they r not getting sued or shut down so sir i see this as a 1 sided site to where these boat boat manufacturer's/certain people on here get away with alot.and sir if it we re ur money$$$$$$$ that got ripped off it would be different story theo JMO. :thumbleft: :cheers: :toothy7: :toothy7: y all besafe :rebel:

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Whitebear » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:43 am

Probably not that smart to talk bad about the Forum and Rick.
There are in fact, as most already know, specific ways you can in fact
post negatives about an individual or company, but it has to be done that way.
Did we forget how to do it already, or is it just easier to break the rules and complain?

dirtracer4
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by dirtracer4 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:56 am

My apologies for crossing the forum rules line in the other thread. Moving on to the board.
My low post count only reflects the quality of this forum and the info it already contains.

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Whitebear » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:11 am

Thanks man. Sometimes it is inadvertent un unintended, but each an every one of us agreed that we had read and agreed to abide by the rules in order to have an account here. We don't take away birthdays, wives, kids, dogs or Drivers Licenses here. Just try to make it what the owners vision wants it to be.

With membership in the high 20,000+ we must have done something right to generate interest and help manufacturers and airboaters communicate. Its been working quite a while now. Manufacturers come here to answer technical questions and talk about airboating and related topics. Sales are covered in the Classifieds. A sale becomes a personal thing between you and the manufacturer, we at Southern Airboat do not sell airboats here nor evaluate manufacturers. That is a personal thing between you and the manufacturer.

There are alternative sites and you might chose to use them to do things that are against the rules here.

Deano
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by Deano » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:55 am

@ 406 Jamie - First off, I appreciate your expressing your opinion in the non-offensive fashion that you did. I do not disagree with your assertions about how things are handled in other places, it is just that (as Lwells implied earlier in this thread), joining and using the site and then attempting to start a debate with a Moderator about the rules is just plain silly, and has just gotten tiresome over the years. While I agree with what you say about what goes on elsewhere, having been a webmaster and in Rick's position myself, I also understand his reasons for having things the way they are.

There was a point where I got had by a shyster here. It was a learning experience for me and is part of why I perpetually preach exercising "all due diligence". Luckily for me, I didn't get bit as bad as some. I have not seen that guy here in years, but if I did, you can rest assured I would be sending somebody a very informative PM pretty damn quick.

@ Dirtracer4 - My posts about this subject in either thread, were generic and pertaining to The Rules and were in no way meant to be perceived as directed at you; they were not. It is unfortunate that you find yourself in the position you are in, I wish you nothing but the best in getting it resolved to your satisfaction.
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge; it has no place in the endeavor of science."
- Carl Sagan

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SWAMPHUNTER45 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:02 am

Like Tony said on another thread a builder who wants 100% payment up front ought to be avoided.
No one should pay any more than 50% for a deposit in my opinion.

To order a boat, make full payment and be waiting a year or more is not a reasonable situation. If someone claims to make 12 boats a year then a new boat would be completed every month. Do your home work before you hand anyone your hard earned dollar.

AlumiTec
Buddy Branch
GTO
Panther
Marty Bray
Norm Clay
Outlaw Aircraft
OneEye
Smuggler
HuntRideWrench
MTS
All people I've done business or worked trades with and were treated fairly and honestly.

dirtracer4
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by dirtracer4 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:58 am

Thanks, the input is appreciated.
My low post count only reflects the quality of this forum and the info it already contains.

helicsher
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by helicsher » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:09 am

I wonder if Don Davis has seen this thread :stirpot:
"Success Requires No Excuses"

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SWAMPHUNTER45 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:46 am

There is a point where civil situations between a builder and buyer cross into criminal.

Multiple victims
Systematic process
Scheme to defraud

It takes a bit but eventually a driven victim can get the SAO to file.
Thats what it took with that crook in Texas.

Tony480
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Tony480 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:24 pm

I don't feel sorry 1 bit for these people that get screwed over. If you are that damn stupid not to do some research before handing over your money or paying for a boat 100% up front then you got what's coming to you. Your a dumb ass and deserve it! Quit being a cheap ass and looking for the cheapest shade tree guy around and spend your money with a reputable builder who will stand behind their work and doesn't ask for all the money upfront. I'm a dealer for custom Airboat trailers out of Brooksville and not once have I ever took a deposit on a trailer. If they can't afford to build it without getting all the money then go elsewhere.

Return to “Airboat Talk”