Affliction Airboat Experience

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
Southern Landman
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Affliction Airboat Experience

Post by Southern Landman » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:57 am

Thanks for the reply. However you did not answer the question on when I would have my boat... You continue to beat around the bush like Affliction has been doing for the last year. Your story is totally irrelevant to this situation and apparently you did not consult with your husband aka bonecollector before you released this post. You must of had me confused with another customer when you mentioned "take all the time you need". I wouldn't guess it's the guy in Shreveport either who claims he ordered his boat one month before me and still doesn't have it to this day. 15.5 months is plenty of time to complete this build especially when your company stated 3-3.5 months from the order date. I will admit that the boat was top quality when I saw it nearly completed the first part of August. But why is it still not delivered 3.5 months later?

The light rail you had contracted several weeks ago was "hideous" to say the least. It pays to communicate with your customers on what they are actually wanting on envisioning as opposed to putting them down or writing them off. You know, something as easy as picking up the phone or sending an occasional text when a question may arise? I requested not to have the front bow fishing lights mounted directly on the deck like you usually do them, instead slightly elevated to produce a better light projection. I have bow fished in one of your other boats and everyone agreed that the light quality would dramatically improve if they were slightly elevated instead of blinding or casting a glare. I texted a picture and description of another friends light rail specs in August of 2015 on how I wanted it done but must have been forgotten about. I was going to let this go but since you brought it up and mentioned additional fabrication (having to build an entirely new light rail). I will attach the photo of what you had built and continued building even though it was so hideous.

Obviously I can afford one of your boats since I paid in full under 90 days well over a year ago. Your last few sentences make absolutely no sense... my friends took their business to reputable companies so don't put those in your projection for next year.

helicsher
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by helicsher » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:03 pm

60g's up front ! Holly cow !
Dude i got some swamp land in the everglades for sale , its high and dry
if you're interested

:scratch: love you say several times your a small business
And then turn around and say that you have to be a big boy to buy one of boats
"Success Requires No Excuses"

Seven3
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Seven3 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:12 pm

I guess I'm not understanding the comment that the OP obviously can't afford one of your boats and that is why he is making this thread…didnt he pay 60k upfront? Seems like he can afford one to me. Either way, that type of pompous attitude would certainly draw me away from your company.

Southern Landman
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Southern Landman » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:59 pm

There will be no more trips to Florida on my behalf. You will deliver the boat to Texas as agreed upon. I also pulled this off your website...

"We also offer free delivery door to door to the lower 48 I do this so I can personally go over everything on the boat and insure your happy with your new boat"

I don't understand why you are treating me your loyal customer like a "kid". Please answer my question on WHEN the boat will be 100% ready and delivered to :texas:

bkmail
Southern Airboat Member

Post by bkmail » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:32 pm

akblackdawg wrote:with small companies, they often use your money to pay their own past due bills for other builds and other expenses that they have incurred. Anybody doing this with a company that needs cash flow during the build needs to set up a payment schedule with them ahead of time, paying a percentage as the boat reaches specific construction stages. Hull, stand, seats, motor, prop etc, and should always tell the people that the last 25% of what is due will not be paid until construction is done, you have had a test run and take possession of the boat. I've made mistakes like that in the past, and have learned, just learn from this screwing and next time use a good lubricant,

Akblackdawg......your statement is BS!
Shady crooks might use your money to finance the next build, most small businesses are not out to screw you. Bummer you feel that way!
Don't lump small business owners into one category as you did. Kinda pisses off the small guy like myself.

Good luck landman, social media is a great tool to help your situation. Look forward to hearing a positive outcome real soon.

Bk
https://www.bkmarineservices.com
https://m.facebook.com/BKMarineServices

502 BBC on a 18' Alumitech 2.68 Stinger box, w/84" 4 blade Whisper Tip Whirlwind blades.

helicsher
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by helicsher » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:02 pm

I think black dog is spot on, with his statement
A small business needs to let there customers know up front if they do not have the capital to deliver a final product
And have in place a payment plan that keeps the assembly line moving and rewards the company with profit when the job is complete
Then the consumer will know what to expect when doing business with the company

If you are running a business that is turning out a $60k product and after the first year you can not produce the product on your own and your using deposits to try to finish your previous build .
Then you need to stop and review what you are doing
From what I read this man or boy what ever you want to call him is not bashing the product

He is complaining about the service
This should be a easy fix

I have seen pictures of the affection boats they look nice!
1 man building them him self. That's the start of an American Dream
Would be a shame to let it go to waste over poor business practice and lack of communication

Love
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Love » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:00 pm

I understand what you all are saying and the guys u was speaking about not being able to buy my boats are his friends that like to write horrible post about my husband.

helicsher
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by helicsher » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:27 pm

Love really !
I don't know how much money my own family has ,let alone some stranger in Texas
Every one who reads this is a potential customer for you
Every one that looks at your boats could be the next person to pull out the $60k
Think of your business not your ego
A statement like that only hurts affliction airboats

CarMotorBarge
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by CarMotorBarge » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:57 am

Love wrote:As for the comments about my husband being a rip and we're so terrible to all THE TEXAS AIRBOATERS is simple not true or fair to myself,my company and mainly my husband!
My mistake. I forgot about the Louisiana airboater that had tons of problems with Affliction Airboats. So we need to add Louisiana to the list along with Texas.

It is interesting that Affliction Airboats isn't selling airboats to people in Florida. Never a good sign when an airboat manufacturer can't sell to local customers.
14x7.5 Al David hull with 14 inch transom
419 CI Horsepower Barn LS3 with 2.88 Ox Box swinging 4 blade 83.5" R
GTO Rigging and B&S Tilt Trailer

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by jeepinocala1111 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:13 am

Love wrote:I understand what you all are saying and the guys u was speaking about not being able to buy my boats are his friends that like to write horrible post about my husband.

I am quoting this to you so that you do read it.

Small business is a great to read about thing here where we have lost so many 'small guy's' BUT bad practice is bad practice you are not dealing with hundreds of dollars you are talking about 60k that is a lot of money and if you are still going out on a limb building large business products like you are, you need to be 100% clear on everything, every single detail because once you start to cross that ridiculous not agreed on time frame you are brushing the line with fraud. Not going in a bad direction just, it is what it is. All this guy wants from what I have read is WHEN will his boat be done and delivered those two simple questions fix everything. :cheers:

Tony480
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Tony480 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:15 pm

Bahahahaha...another sucker born every day

blackpowderscout
Southern Airboat Member

Post by blackpowderscout » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:39 pm

I could only hope that one day I'd be blessed enough to be able to simply have $60,000 to give up front to a boat builder.

I don't feel much sympathy for you.
"Friends don't let friends hunt with inlines."

NRA Life
Traditional Blackpowder Hunting? http://traditionalblackpowderhunting.com/

plumcrazy
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by plumcrazy » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:41 pm

damn it i wish i could get folks to pay me 100 percent to do plumbing on new homes or businesses that would do wonders to my over head and i would just say good bye to my accounts and there manegers lol :fishing

bonecollector
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by bonecollector » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:45 pm

CarMotorBarge wrote:
Love wrote:As for the comments about my husband being a rip and we're so terrible to all THE TEXAS AIRBOATERS is simple not true or fair to myself,my company and mainly my husband!
My mistake. I forgot about the Louisiana airboater that had tons of problems with Affliction Airboats. So we need to add Louisiana to the list along with Texas.

It is interesting that Affliction Airboats isn't selling airboats to people in Florida. Never a good sign when an airboat manufacturer can't sell to local customers.
First off Carmotorbarge I don't know you and I am pretty sure you don't know me but this is the second time you have jumped on one of these threads and said negative things about me or my company not having any clue what is going on. This customer has changed things added things even calling the engine builder and telling him he wants a black distributor cap instead of red so ducks won't see it and on and on I have the text he sent me with his specs on the light enclosure after it's completed and he sees how stupid it looks he wants me to shell out another 1500 to replace it. Also the 1160 he owes for hydro turf that wasn't on the original build sheet isn't owed to me it's owed to painter chic. As far as building boats for Floridians I have, but there are shops on every corner in Florida but only a handful in Texas so these guys call me because this 60,000 boat would be 80 in Texas. I have a lot of really happy customers from the Grand Turk Islands to Iowa and a lot of places in between. Not every one goes as planned when you are waiting on out sourced parts but I do the best I can and NO ONE has ever been screwed. I grew up in Geneva and know a lot of people around here. We donate money and parts to charities like hooked on a cure, the wounded warriors project and any other place we can help. What gets me is as soon as one of these threads pop up the guys who I see on the river are the first ones to get on and run their mouths. But when your doing good things or helping someone fix a boat on a bank somewhere nobody mentions it. I try not to respond to these things because it's a waste of my time and it won't change your opinion or anyone else so believe what you want talk all the trash you want you will need my help before I need yours. Jeff
Sensenich, Ox Drive gear box dealer 386-279-3712

CarMotorBarge
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by CarMotorBarge » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:24 pm

Waiting on out sourced parts doesn't take 15 months. Especially if somebody pays you $60K upfront. Something else is wrong. So please post a reply. Lets see how long we can keep this thread on the SA front page. This is definitely good advertising for Affliction Airboats. :stirpot:

torque
Southern Airboat Member

Post by torque » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:53 pm

I feel sorry for you airboat brother because you've been afflicted and so has other people I know a lot about this company and who runs it but I can't say on here because big rick will erase it so all I can say is everybody out there in air boat land better do your homework when you start looking for an airboat Builder I have been an airboater for 40 years and there hasn't been one air boat manufacturer has to have all the money up front they only take a little percentage down so if they want all the money up front that oughta tell you something right there they need to buy your parts for your boat and I can tell you one thing this company is not know fabricators

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by jeepinocala1111 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:46 am

When will the boat be delivered? Clear this page out by answering it?

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SWAMPHUNTER45 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:19 am

Who is the engine builder on this 582cid is it Glen Treadwell?

It should be a beast of a boat

CarMotorBarge
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by CarMotorBarge » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:25 am

Wasn't Glen Treadwell the original engine builder used by Affliction Airboats? Looks like they have a new engine supplier. Probably because Affliction Airboats hasn't paid Glen for all of the motors he has supplied.

Tony480
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Tony480 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:33 am

No motor leaves Glens shop without being paid for...I can say he owes him nothing

Tony480
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Tony480 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:36 am

But affliction has used many builders in the past...tristar,blueprint,whites and glen treadwell..and they akways come back to glen

bonecollector
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by bonecollector » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:58 am

SWAMPHUNTER45 wrote:Who is the engine builder on this 582cid is it Glen Treadwell?

It's not Glen I still get a few from Glen but this new company is giving us a 3 yr warranty that's why I use them.
Sensenich, Ox Drive gear box dealer 386-279-3712

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by jeepinocala1111 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:41 am

bonecollector wrote:
SWAMPHUNTER45 wrote:Who is the engine builder on this 582cid is it Glen Treadwell?

It's not Glen I still get a few from Glen but this new company is giving us a 3 yr warranty that's why I use them.
Are you at a point where you can give him a delivery date?

mojoe
Southern Airboat Member

Post by mojoe » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:31 pm

"Let me start for thanking you for choosing Affliction Airboats. We appreciate your business. I understand that it is frustrating we have exceeded our original estimated delivery date. We are currently waiting on ... ... to complete your boat. The expected date it will be delivered to your door as originally promised is ... . Again, I appreciate your business and patience. Here is the boat today (pic) (pic)"

Then DWYSYWD!

I don't know any of the parties involved, so I will make no assumptions. I do, however, know a thing or 2 about customer service. From what I have seen in this thread, an example (like what I wrote above) of good customer service may be of use.

Rule #1 DWYSYWD

If there is a complaint:

1) ask for details
2) listen
3) tell them you understand
4) come to a resolution

9 out of 10 you can avoid a complaint by DWYSYWD. For the 1 out of 10, refer to the steps listed above.

You're welcome.
Mark 7:9

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by jeepinocala1111 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:46 pm

[quote="Love"]

Are you at a point where you can give him a delivery date?

Return to “Airboat Talk”