Affliction Airboat Experience

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
dirtracer4
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Re: Affliction Airboat Experience

Postby dirtracer4 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:55 pm

I went with Affliction because it was suppose to be a custom build at a good price with a warranty & delivered. I also talked to some Affliction Airboat owners and Jeff about his build quality & timeline beforehand.
I sold my previous airboat on April 27, 2015 to order an Affliction Airboat on April 29, 2015 and I still have no idea of a delivery date. I was also given a 3 1/2 month build time & I sent the requested 3 payments of $10k each within the first 3 months. I never said take your time or no rush. Over the past 19 months I have received a pic of a seat stand on May 8th, 2015, a pic of a wooden motor crate on July 28, 2015, a pic of a bare hull at Alumitec on April 28, 2016, & a pic of a light rail on May 16, 2016. The communication went from call me anytime to no response at all and now to SA. I could rightfully go on a huge rant, but really just want this resolved. If someone wants more info just ask.
I am 14 hrs away, so if there is anyone in the Deltona/Orlando area willing to help check on the current state of the builds message me.
Last edited by dirtracer4 on Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My low post count only reflects the quality of this forum and the info it already contains.

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby jeepinocala1111 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:27 pm

bonecollector wrote:
SWAMPHUNTER45 wrote:Who is the engine builder on this 582cid is it Glen Treadwell?

It should be a beast of a boat

It's not Glen I still get a few from Glen but this new company is giving us a 3 yr warranty that's why I use them.

Can you post some picture to settle his thoughts?

smokster
Southern Airboat Member

Postby smokster » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:11 pm

you dont need a warranty from glen. if there is a problem he'll take care of it

kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby kwanjangnihm » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:53 pm

" I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that? "

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby jeepinocala1111 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:45 am

:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

dirtracer4
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby dirtracer4 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:26 am

I have been told I will have my boat in 2-3 weeks. :bounce:
My low post count only reflects the quality of this forum and the info it already contains.

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby SWAMPHUNTER45 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:32 am

That is great news !

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby jeepinocala1111 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:34 am

Keep us up to date with pictures. :cheers:

Southern Landman
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Southern Landman » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:09 pm

I'm glad you heard back on when you'd be getting yours. I have yet to receive a delivery date since this thread was created a week ago. Now you see what I've been dealing with for the last 15.5 months. I would like to ask one last time... when will my boat be finished and delivered to Texas?

boatair
Site Supporter - VII
Site Supporter - VII

Postby boatair » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:25 pm

Sounds like a reasonable question to me :dontknow:

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby jeepinocala1111 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:57 am

Southern Landman wrote:I'm glad you heard back on when you'd be getting yours. I have yet to receive a delivery date since this thread was created a week ago. Now you see what I've been dealing with for the last 15.5 months. I would like to ask one last time... when will my boat be finished and delivered to Texas?

Hell I was not paying attention I thought that was your boat that was being delivered in a few weeks :violent1: Again you should have bought a GTO or Diamondback. I am willing to bet since they are a small company they build one at a time and yours is not even started??????

hogdoggin
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby hogdoggin » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:42 am

This is crazy I work a full time job and built my whole boat in 6 months and that's a riveted 7075 hull and one of my biggest hold ups was coming up with the money. I can't even began to figure out how a company that makes a living off of building boats could take 15 months and still not be finished. Something isn't right here.. hope the best for you brother.

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby jeepinocala1111 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:57 am

hogdoggin wrote:This is crazy I work a full time job and built my whole boat in 6 months and that's a riveted 7075 hull and one of my biggest hold ups was coming up with the money. I can't even began to figure out how a company that makes a living off of building boats could take 15 months and still not be finished. Something isn't right here.. hope the best for you brother.

In their only defense I am going to guess they took on too many boats at one time but should be giving the choice of refund if wanted. Without that it is fraud and any judge will not hesitate to prosecute if no refund is available. This is a sucky situation for this buyer with the company or person not responding to the customer. Bad business decisions are what closed many small builders. I will guess they have 100% intention of building the boat eventually.

Raizincane
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Raizincane » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:15 pm

jeepinocala1111 wrote:
Southern Landman wrote:I'm glad you heard back on when you'd be getting yours. I have yet to receive a delivery date since this thread was created a week ago. Now you see what I've been dealing with for the last 15.5 months. I would like to ask one last time... when will my boat be finished and delivered to Texas?

Hell I was not paying attention I thought that was your boat that was being delivered in a few weeks :violent1: Again you should have bought a GTO or Diamondback. I am willing to bet since they are a small company they build one at a time and yours is not even started??????

I will take that bet since reading is a problem for you,Landman said he has made a trip to see his boat. So again people like you get on here and just say stuff to be noticed...How much is that bet? :dontknow:

Airtex
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Airtex » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:10 pm

I too have paid for a boat and can't get a delivery date. The guys at affliction are running a scam.

kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby kwanjangnihm » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:48 pm

Airtex can you also post your invoice for verification? How long have you been waiting?
" I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that? "

Deano
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby Deano » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:10 pm

Making such claims (especially in your first/only post) without providing proof of same,
would be exactly the kind of "piling on" that will send a thread like this to 'thread heaven'. :idea:

Not to imply for a second that you don't have a legitimate beef, and you could be right,
but kwanjangnihm 's questions are both justifiable more than relevant for those reasons.
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge; it has no place in the endeavor of science."
- Carl Sagan

Airtex
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Airtex » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:33 pm

And who exactly are you guys? Can you get my money back? I paid these jack wagons over $40,000 6 months ago and keep getting the run around. As for invoice. Yes. If you can get my money back I can prove everything. I call the office and keep getting the run around. I know for a fact my hull has not even been purchased from the builder yet as I have spoken with them. After 6 months. 6 MONTHS... I was told my boat would be ready to be picked up the first of July 2016. Well it's almost Christmas. Every time I call I get no answers. Run around after run around. Like I said. Pretty sure it's a scam and will be happy to tell anyone my story to help them from getting the shaft.

glades cat
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby glades cat » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:14 am

Reminds me of a song:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VsnXeQDqOOg
[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VsnXeQDqOOg[/youtube]
"Leave a legacy...Preserve the irreplaceable"
12' x 7' sled built by Scorpion, Cont. O-470-K, 72" Whisper Tip
Rigged by Gladescat & sons in 2009

jopete
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby jopete » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:23 am

it's not the prized unicorn affliction airboat you are seeking, but I do have a actual turn-key and go, gpu powered airboat that I use a couple times a week that i'd let u have for 10k after hunting season.

Airtex
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Airtex » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:44 am

SWAMPHUNTER45 wrote:Hope that was not your OX Box that recently was stolen ?????

I was told that was my gear box that was stolen. Ive paid over $40,000 on my boat and these jack wagons still have not even purchased the hull. Every time I call I get the run around. My boat was supposed to be done in July 2016. I bet my money went to the down payment on the property these scammers just purchased.

And back to the gear box. Really? Out of all the stuff in the shop, that's all they got! Come on.

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby SWAMPHUNTER45 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:59 am

Sorry to hear of this it truly is difficult to hear of such practices.

Rick the operator of this site will allow you to post your struggle, but as stated some sort of proof that your truthful should be provided. It prevents any pissed off person from slamming a business without good reason. If they did not police the site they could be held civilly liable possibly as hosting a slanderous environment. There are a lot of good people on this site and they can provide useful advice.

Again I hope you get this resolved in a timely manner.

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby jeepinocala1111 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:53 am

Airtex wrote:
SWAMPHUNTER45 wrote:Hope that was not your OX Box that recently was stolen ?????

I was told that was my gear box that was stolen. Ive paid over $40,000 on my boat and these jack wagons still have not even purchased the hull. Every time I call I get the run around. My boat was supposed to be done in July 2016. I bet my money went to the down payment on the property these scammers just purchased.

And back to the gear box. Really? Out of all the stuff in the shop, that's all they got! Come on.

Post your invoice.

mcm4
Site Supporter - VII
Site Supporter - VII

Postby mcm4 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:26 pm

Dyna Marine knows how to build a bad to the bone Texas tough bowfishing airboat and only asks for you to pay as you go.... Shane will take care of you.... In case you get your money back...

RonE
Southern Airboat Member

Postby RonE » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:27 pm

12-12-2015.jpg
1-6-2016 4.jpg
[img][img][img][/img][/img][/img]I ordered an Affliction Airboat and expected it to be built and delivered in time for the 2014 - 2015 duck season. My invoice date was 6/8 and revised 7/9/2014. My boat was delivered to my home on Oct 29, 2015, in time for the next duck season. During the 15 months it took to build the boat I thought I was going to pull my hair out, kill myself, go to Florida to kill Jeff or hire someone to do all of that.

Yes, I had problems and I made some changes between June and July but none after that. I put a little less than 25% down and paid another payment of around $8,000 after he said he had the hull. I made the final payment a couple of weeks before he delivered the boat to my home in Rockport, Texas. I paid $39,120 for the boat.

The boat is an 18' Alumitech hull with a 2' grass rake, two up and three down seating, OxBox 2.3 gear box and a three blade "R" series prop. 6" walk around boards, plywood floor with hydro turf, twin power poles and an aluminum tandem axel trailer. I am very happy with the boat the way it was delivered and the way it is now.

I was not happy with the time it took to get the boat, and not happy with the engine that came with the boat. I ordered a GM HO 454 but the boat came with a BluePrint 496. The BP 496 is a very powerful motor but it blew up twice, first time a lifter retainer let go and I had two push rods, two rocker arms and two lifters that I replaced with spares from friends and the BluePrint replacement parts arrived about a month later. Three or four months later a valve broke, rattled around in the #8 hole and screwed the engine up beyond my ability to fix it myself. I called JEGS and got a GM 454 HO (which I wanted in the first place) for $5,300 and I was back on the water in just under 2 weeks. It took BluePrint about 4 months to fix my motor under warranty but I finally have it back, it is for sale if you guys know anyone. They extended the warranty 120 days so I believe their hearts are in the right place.

Almost all of my friends run Panther Airboats and I consider myself a friend of Danny and the Panther crew but I could not afford a Panther airboat so I bought an Affliction. The Texas dealer for Panther looked at my boat and said that he couldn't see how anyone could build my boat for $40,000 and that I got a great deal. Well until I sell the BluePrint motor, I'm $45,000 in it now.

I believe that Jeff Love (Affliction Airboats) builds a great boat, that looks and handles great. I also realize that he is a one man shop and often says things to placate people once he has started a boat build and he promises boat builds that cannot happen within a agreed upon time frame.

This is my Affliction Airboat story and I'm sticking to it.
Attachments
A 2.jpg

Return to “Airboat Talk”