Headsets for Multiple Boat

Best airboat discussion on the internet.
qgator
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Headsets for Multiple Boat

Postby qgator » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:56 am

Me and my buddies (4 or 5 boats) would like to talk while running. Is there a headset setup or some other setup we could use while running?

Thanks,

lilly-Pad
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Re: Headsets for Multiple Boat

Postby lilly-Pad » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:36 am

got my Cenas from Rick Powers here on SA, they have been great. We have used them on two boats with good range about 100 yds.
12 ft Don Davis / 0470 conv / 68 NGQ , A.A.O.F member

Best laid plans of mice and men, wont always get you laid.............

AirRanger
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby AirRanger » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:54 am

http://www.racingelectronics.com/product-p/re005.htm

I run these and they work good I have older ones so I upgraded the mics to noise canceling mics. I run them on common Motorola GMRS radios but better radios are available.

bkmail
Southern Airboat Member

Postby bkmail » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:06 pm

Rick's headsets split up between boats works great as long as its line of sight. Put a mountain between the two and it fades off. Might be fantastic down south where the terrain is a bit flatter?!
Bk
https://www.bkmarineservices.com
https://m.facebook.com/BKMarineServices

502 BBC on a 18' Alumitech w/4 blade master blasters, Skip built

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby SWAMPHUNTER45 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:20 pm

The new Sena 20S system from Rick will allow you to pair up and add on, the early version (Sena10S) are limited to 4 users and have a shorter range. I run a pair of the 10S units and they do a good job but if the plan was to be multi boat and spread out the newer system would be the choice.

Rick Powers is honest and makes a nice headset.

http://yourtalkingnow.com/new_airboats_wireless.html

Rick has the SWAMPHUNTER45 seal of approval !

mojoe
Southern Airboat Member

Postby mojoe » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:12 pm

I have a Flightcom system. Works great to listen to music and talk to my passenger. Always wondered how it would do if I just ran the line out to a CB radio.

Anybody try it?
Airboating is like marriage: There are unlimited ways a person can be right, and somehow still be wrong at the same time!!

BenBad
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby BenBad » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:22 pm

Hello Gang,
The new thing and I have not got pricing on them yet is the SENA Tufftalk and connect that to a hand held CB radio. Now you are limited by only the distance and number of people the CB can reach. I do not have any pricing information on the Tufftalk headsets yet.
Another option I have been looking at is the SENA 20S and SENA SR10 connected to a hand held CB radio. I have not had enough time to test this out yet.

tampabayairboat
Southern Airboat Member

Postby tampabayairboat » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:59 pm

I spent hours testing systems and researching. The best I have found are Sonetic Headsets. Full duplex and easy to use. The downfall is the price, close to $1000. per headset when you factor in base station. It is well worth it IMO. Second best option I tried were the the Sena 20s. IMO, much more affordable, but pairing is more difficult.

nunook
Southern Airboat Member

Postby nunook » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:21 pm

Sena 20 motorcycle intercoms work great on a peltor ear muffs from Home Depot or Amazon. They are easy to make yourself have great range and many features to utilize to include bluetooth to phone and music . the Sena 10 is ok but the range is limited and limited to four users the Sena 20 can link 8 users and are easy to link through your smartphone, noise levels and adjustments are all controlled via the headset or through the smartphone app. They are also waterproof. PM me I can send you a picture
2006 Floral City 14' Deckover Lycoming GSO-480

Swamp Daddy
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Swamp Daddy » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:53 pm

I bought a set of 4 of the Sena 20's from Rick a month ago and I really like them. They are also comfortable enough to wear all day. I used to own a set of piratecom's and a set of setcoms and they didn't work nearly as well as Ricks sets are working and were not nearly as comfortable. Rick has the best setup for the money. Also, the head sets work between each other independently from the boat, so there is no transmitter/receiver or anything at all that is required to be mounted in your boat.
If you want to make
Serious Money flipping houses,
visit my website and
Download my Free eBook
"7 Steps to make $10,000 in 90 Days Flipping Houses"
http://offers.tomnardonemillionairemailman.com/7step-ebook#

Return to “Airboat Talk”