HAS ANYONE FOUND TREASURE OR OTHER THINGS IN THE EVERGLADES

Best airboat discussion on the internet.
airduds
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Re: HAS ANYONE FOUND TREASURE OR OTHER THINGS IN THE EVERGLADES

Postby airduds » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:00 am

Well I feel better now.
Owning an airboat is kind of like dating a stripper... you know it will end badly and you know it will cost you a lot of money... but the ride is sooo worth it!

chasinbytes
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby chasinbytes » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:54 pm

The Florida Everglades is the area of a well documented lost treasure. Near the end of the Civil War, a Confederate paymaster being pursued by Union troops buried a million-dollar payroll, $200,000 in gold coins and the remainder in paper currency. Records reveal he wrote, “Chased by the enemy, we buried our payroll at a point in the Everglades at a junction of two creeks, where the land rises like a camel’s back. The money is buried in the west hump of the rise.” The area is somewhere between Alligator Alley and State Road 41 in the Seminole Indian Reservation.

Captain John Riley trying to ship Confederate gold to Havana in the spring of 1865, was chased into the Everglades by Federal troops. Riley buried $500,000 in gold bullion in west central Broward County.

CHAKA
Southern Airboat Member

Postby CHAKA » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:11 pm

Thank you for posting C.S.A. paymaster story. This is a true account and this treasure was being search for by many people in the 1960's when I was a young boy in the glades by treasure hunters with metal detectors . The location though was down in the ten thousand Island's south of Everglades city. The payroll location from this story has changed for some reason over the past 40 plus years, maybe to hide the location. I was told the name of the creek in the 1960's and that the story went like this that the pay roll chest was dumped over board from the ship at the end of the salt water creek that ran into and towards the Everglades. Today the area of the Creek location is sitting right in the Florida Everglades National Park and the Florida Fish and Wildlife and Park Rangers will arrest any one searching in these area's and charge you with a Felony and take your boat and truck. The state has taken all public lands and rights away from the citizens and made them Federal controlled lands. Sharing the name of the creek will only get someone in trouble and I only want people to enjoy the read of the folklore. Kicking Bird.
Last edited by CHAKA on Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Member: A.P.E. Agency to Prevent Evil. Member: Wounded Warrior Alumni Iraq War. Where ever you go... You will always be there... and Death will always be your silent companion

CHAKA
Southern Airboat Member

Postby CHAKA » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:05 am

Update : On the story I wrote on page one about the Lost U.S.A.F. P-80 " Shooting Star " Combat jet fighter aircraft that I found in the deep sawgrass over 40 years ago is still there. I was looking through aerial satilite photo's a few days ago and there it was still hidden by the tall sawgrass. Kicking Bird.
Last edited by CHAKA on Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Member: A.P.E. Agency to Prevent Evil. Member: Wounded Warrior Alumni Iraq War. Where ever you go... You will always be there... and Death will always be your silent companion

CHAKA
Southern Airboat Member

Postby CHAKA » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:21 pm

Lost Hidden Florida Everglades Pyramid / Temple site. I am looking for this lost site and have spent alot of time hunting it through the Everglades and Swamps through out South Florida . I have reached out to an Archaeologist in Florida who is interested and will share with the people if the site is relocated. His team is willing to search area's that we are not able to search that may contain the Lost Hidden Florida Everglades Pyramid site. We already have leads to check and will push this hard over the next few months. Just to let you know we have information already on the correct location to be searched. Working to achieve a goal some times means working with others. If anyone can add information that we can use please reply as there are two Pyramid /Temple sites reported and we have information on only one of them. Thank You ! Kicking Bird.
Last edited by CHAKA on Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

CHAKA
Southern Airboat Member

Postby CHAKA » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:33 pm

Lost Hidden Florida Everglades Pyramid / Temple site. There is an article that appeared in the Miami Times on 26 Aug 2014. " Two long-lost maps spark a quest to find forgotten pyramids in the Florida swamps " This is a detailed story of the site and where it may be. Good story from someone who had been there. I have known about the Lost Pyramids since the early 1960's . Kicking Bird.
Last edited by CHAKA on Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

CHAKA
Southern Airboat Member

Postby CHAKA » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:43 pm

Update on the USAF P-80 " Shooting Star " Combat jet fighter aircraft . I have agreed to give the crash location first to the same archaeologist I talked about above to give it the attention that it needs. His team will try to get to the site once the water level is high enough to reach it by airboat. I will update any information as I receive it. Kicking Bird.

Return to “Airboat Talk”