BigFoot sends a Merry Christmas to each and every one of you

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
CHAKA
Southern Airboat Member

BigFoot sends a Merry Christmas to each and every one of you

Post by CHAKA »

Big Foot sends a big Merry Christmas from the swamps of the Everyglades ! His wish for you is to meet each and every one of you one night while you are out alone on a trail frogging in your Airboat. With srceams in the night and tales of a beast that stalked you. He will always be there waiting in your chicken hearts and minds to make you jump out of your boots some day ! He is wishing you a Happy New Year and to be safe this holiday season. Big Foot
Wounded Warrior Alumni Iraq War.

cowboy
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Re: BigFoot sends a Merry Christmas to each and every one of

Post by cowboy »

Yeah...
Merry Christmas to all the Skunkapes

I asked Bullfrog Bud about the Skunkape once......
He said He never saw one, but he said he was certain he smelled one once when he was running the inside trail near the tie-back canal. Said he must have been real close cause the smell was really really strong.

He also said once he was out in 3B frogging, and was stopped taking a break, and having a sip of coffee. All was well as he was enjoying the solitude, and then suddenly everything got dead quiet. Even all the bugs quit making noise all of a sudden... and Bud could not figure out why

Bud said that creeped him out, as he had never experienced that happening to him before out in the Glades, so he just cranked up, and eased off to do some more frogging.

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Olf Art »

We loved us some Bud Marquis, didn't we Cowboy. Old School Gladesman for sure ...
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

CHAKA
Southern Airboat Member

Post by CHAKA »

The only way to know if BigFoot is real is to have out run it. There is no story if you lose the foot race. I know this first hand.. Kicking Bird.
Last edited by CHAKA on Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

mojoe
Southern Airboat Member

Post by mojoe »

cowboy wrote:
He also said once he was out in 3B frogging, and was stopped taking a break, and having a sip of coffee. All was well as he was enjoying the solitude, and then suddenly everything got dead quiet. Even all the bugs quit making noise all of a sudden... and Bud could not figure out why

Bud said that creeped him out, as he had never experienced that happening to him before out in the Glades, so he just cranked up, and eased off to do some more frogging.
Was camping on the St. John's a few years ago. In the middle of the night the same thing happened. The woods went dead quiet. Not a rustle, chirp, ribbit or peep. Not sure if it was a skunk ape, but I am sure everything in the woods was afraid to make a sound, me included. I held my .357 and lie awake till the woods made noise again.
Mark 7:9

CHAKA
Southern Airboat Member

Post by CHAKA »

I heard another story like this a few years ago when I was in the North Woods near Canada. There was Boy scout in his tent and it got dead quiet like your talking about and all of a sudden he was yanked in to the air and out of his tent still in his sleeping bag and was bouncing and being dragged through woods at very fast run. The next thing he knew he was getting dumped out of the sleeping bag on to his head along with a sack of candy he had hidden from the other scouts. Some how the kid got away when the giant bear's teeth grabed the candy sack that was laying on top of him. Always remember, Never sleep with candy and for sure never go to sleep with a bag of Beef Jerky ! Kicking Bird.
Last edited by CHAKA on Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

pierson skunkape
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by pierson skunkape »

And a happy new year to all sliders....fla riders pray for some rain....lake George got plenty of Agua to float ya.... :cheers: :florida:

Return to “Airboat Talk”