Looking for NOS install advice

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
billford216
Southern Airboat Member

Looking for NOS install advice

Post by billford216 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:56 pm

I have a NOS 05000 powershot kit that Im considering installing on my Lycoming 0360 200hp. I intend to have it spray only under wide open throttle. I have already purchased the recommended fuel pump for fuel enrichment but my concern is how/where to install the nozzles. I was wondering if someone offers a spacer to install between the carb and plenum, and how that may help or hurt performance when the nitrous isn't being used. I don't want to run a multi port system, just a single nozzle for fuel and a single for nos. Unfortunately I don't know anyone who has their boat done or I would just go off their setup. Any info or advice is greatly appreciated.

406 JAMIE
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Looking for NOS install advice

Post by 406 JAMIE » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:53 am

hello and as for runing NOS i would not do it on a AC motor enless u have pistons and ring gap to handle spray.1 shot could destroy ur motor.the only ones runing NOS is guys with race boats and yes some big ride boats but if u dont have enuff motor now putting NOS to it u will find the weak points just remember 1 backfire could blow a hole in ur AC motor heck look what it does to a steel block.hope this helps good luck. :rebel:
Melbourne Mud Mafia Down And Dirty

stroked470
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by stroked470 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:17 am

As long as you don't go lean you are fine with a small shot as long as that engine is not worn slap out. Here is a system I did on a 200 a few years back, engine is still running strong today.
n itrous.jpg

HAMMERHEAD
Southern Airboat Member

Post by HAMMERHEAD » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:25 pm

There are 2 main problems with NOS. improper tune up I.E. Jets, timing, and fuel pressure. Then there is the problem of putting more stress than the parts can handle. If you put a small shot with the proper tune up you should be ok. Getting to the proper tune up for your motor can be risky if you don't know what you are doing. Starting off with the size nitrous jet that you want to run and matching the fuel jet to start with is safest. Keeping a consistent bottle pressure is vital as you run the system and read the plugs.dropping the size of the fuel jet until you get the plugs close to where they should be. Then you can fine tune with the fuel pressure regulator.

P.Vento
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by P.Vento » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:07 am

I have the spacer for carb fogger kits in stock 321-403-0496.

Return to “Airboat Talk”