heads up WATER GONE

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
pontoon outlaw
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

heads up WATER GONE

Post by pontoon outlaw » Sat May 27, 2017 8:18 pm

The Trail coming from Flourence to Poinsette is DRIED up... :banghead: I was LOW this morning and after we got back at 3 pm it had all but died up leaving a nasty trail of MUD it was very sticky since the water had just evaporated during the day... :scratch: there is a hundred yard or more run to get to some skinny slick mud coming from flourence then once or if you get through that.. it's skinny jumping to the end then it's BROWN MUD death...to the Lake it was a good 2 hundred yards of GRINDING this afternoon.... I had the Wife and Grandson on board...he was asleep till the grinding started :lol:

AceNtheHole
Southern Airboat Member

Re: heads up WATER GONE

Post by AceNtheHole » Sat May 27, 2017 8:52 pm

hovercraft? ..............

pontoon outlaw
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by pontoon outlaw » Sat May 27, 2017 9:43 pm

Haha cad 507 with a Roberts box

Sent from my E6833 using Southern Airboat mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Packman
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Packman » Mon May 29, 2017 8:31 am

Flourence to Poinsette IS DRIED up... :banghead: just sayen

pontoon outlaw
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by pontoon outlaw » Mon May 29, 2017 1:08 pm

Pack your not kidding :) 15 years plus launching from that spot.....NEVER has it been DRIED up like it is now..... we were lucky to get back to the Truck Saturday for sure...... only a ton of Rain will bring it back to life......till now the Lone Cabbage is the only way....or Lake Washington Ramp......

kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by kwanjangnihm » Mon May 29, 2017 3:59 pm

the black monster is after all of us lately! :angry5: :banghead: :violent1:

" I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that? "

Scarecrow
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Scarecrow » Mon May 29, 2017 6:15 pm

I've seen rain before, I just hope my grand kids get to see it.

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SWAMPHUNTER45 » Tue May 30, 2017 7:29 am

It's getting low up this way also around Talsa Apopka. It was 30 inches down two weeks ago in the Hernando section and appears to have dropped lower yet this weekend. Around the back of the swimming hole (Potts) it looks like a big ranch pasture. The entire thing went dry and a fresh crop of that green sticky mud grass has sprouted up. If your running a big heavy boat or are a little light on power you may want to avoid the area. Starting to see the bigger ATVs showing up so be alert coming around the corners.

kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by kwanjangnihm » Tue May 30, 2017 9:28 am

SWAMPHUNTER45 wrote: If your running a big heavy boat or are a little light on power you may want to avoid the area
thats dam good CM advice right there :toothy7:
" I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that? "

Deano
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by Deano » Tue May 30, 2017 1:05 pm

Have to give credit when it's due . . . . you never miss an opportunity . . . .. :lol:

On a different note, you greased them rudder bushings lately ? :P
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge; it has no place in the endeavor of science."
- Carl Sagan

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SWAMPHUNTER45 » Tue May 30, 2017 2:21 pm

It just might take two of them 540s and the patented "Kwan butt scooch and dual hand hustle" to shake and bake out of some of what I been in lately. Just saying

pontoon outlaw
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by pontoon outlaw » Tue May 30, 2017 9:35 pm

ha ha Swamp...my old junker Branch Monster....got me through 2 hundred yards or more...Saturday at 3 pm in the heat of the Day when theWater dried up during the Day..... we def put the ole 507 to the test......

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SWAMPHUNTER45 » Tue May 30, 2017 10:04 pm

We are seeing about a 1/4 inch a day drop in water level due to evaporation, so I know exactly what your talking about with the return trip being a lot harder run Turtleman.

Took the Wizard himself out for a short slide yesterday, he and Mrs. Branch drove up to see my camp.

pontoon outlaw
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by pontoon outlaw » Wed May 31, 2017 7:05 pm

are you running your new 540?? I tell ya this 507 took it on the chin...and came out swinging.....one badboy right here for sure......I gotta end him a thankyou note...or maybe you can tell him....this thing after 5 years is still a Ape raping hill runner LOL!!!!

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SWAMPHUNTER45 » Wed May 31, 2017 9:08 pm

Haha

That Series 3 507 was the best money you will have ever spent besides the $20 for that marriage license!

Inflation $ has passed you by Turtle

Swamp Parrot
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Swamp Parrot » Wed May 31, 2017 9:27 pm

AceNtheHole wrote:hovercraft? ..............
I have wondered how well a Hovercraft would do in the Glades,I have one, but with only 100 pounds of thrust, I don't think it would get through some of the stuff out there. if you had a clean mud trail, it would probably push thru, but also the Hovercraft follows the shape of the ground, so that said, a lot of times it wants to go where it wants to go and you are just along for the ride....lol
Attachments
IMG_0428.JPG
group photo.jpg

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SWAMPHUNTER45 » Wed May 31, 2017 9:39 pm

Probably not so good or we would be on the "Southern Hovercraft" web site.

If you get over this way I can find you a few level open areas. What is your run time / range?

Swamp Parrot
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Swamp Parrot » Wed May 31, 2017 9:57 pm

SWAMPHUNTER45 wrote:Probably not so good or we would be on the "Southern Hovercraft" web site.

If you get over this way I can find you a few level open areas. What is your run time / range?
well the day these pics where taken we flew from lake harney down to gators river side grill, 22 miles, should had been an easy run, but due to some stops with the group and 1 machine running out of gas, it took us 3 hours..lol now that said my machine is powered by a 25 h.p. Kolher lawn mower engine swinging a 72" IVO prop. I have a 16 gal. tank and burn about 2 gals per hour. if anyone was on the saint john around the rope swing april 1st, they may have seen us.
saw a bunch of airboats that day and was loving watching them zoom by us. saw 2 boats get into a race, Shake N Bake and another boat. they blasted by as I was on the shore hand pumping fuel from my tank to help the guy that ran out of gas.
I am still testing this machine but I do hope to take it out to the glades some day and maybe out to the keys. I had an airboat for awhile and I could not keep fuel in it..lol plus my lady would not ride with me on it.. she does like the Hover craft as it can get up to 30 m.p.h.
I would love to see what it can do in thick swamp grass, but would not go alone with out some one that could pull me out.

But yeah someday I would love to check out your area with it.

I only had my airboat out 1 time and what i did learn was the airboaters are a great group of people willing to help a newbie.

Return to “Airboat Talk”