3A-3B closed ?

Best airboat discussion on the internet.
glades cat
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Re: 3A-3B closed ?

Postby glades cat » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:04 pm

...and we're caught between a rock and a hard place in releasing water too quickly into our surrounding salt water estuaries.
I get weekly FWC Red Tide advisories in the Gulf...Caloosahatchee waterway is the dumping route.
East coast out St Lucie waterway....Remember the algae problems and massive fish kill a couple years back.
South through the canals into Florida Bay...they're having their own set of problems.
South East out of Miami canal...Biscayne Bay turtle grass is all covered with growth.

High water is high water. We get it. It happens, so do droughts.
The fault is the closures. Let us in. If there are deer to be rescued, we'll do it. Be the eyes and ears and report critical areas needing attention , we'll do it. Pick up Mylar party balloons and other blown-in debris...heck, we do that now. Bag up thrown garbage at the ramps...yea, we do that too.
What happened to the modus operandi of the old Fish and Game Commission? If Tom Shirley could see this from heaven, he'd be shaking his head in disapproval. Thank God there are no tears in heaven.

Y'all come out to the AAOF fish fry on Saturday September 23 and we'll ride and there, eat some good food, hear a great band and have a great time.
"Leave a legacy...Preserve the irreplaceable"
12' x 7' sled built by Scorpion, Cont. O-470-K, 72" Whisper Tip
Rigged by Gladescat & sons in 2009

rudee116
Southern Airboat Member

Postby rudee116 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:23 pm

The closure to airboats is ridiculous. It doesn't even fit their narrative of protecting the deer!!! If the deer are up on the levees, how does it make sense that they will let boats run the canals but not airboats in the marsh? The old rule during high water was fine! Airboats allowed for frogging and gator hunting as long as we stayed away from the islands. WTF made them change that last year??? It's so obvious that they are trying to keep airboats out of there. It's only a matter of time til they keep the water high permanently and lock us out forever.
14' Don Davis w/ Upstack 0-540

When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. — Benjamin Franklin

Scotty1
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I
Location: ft white fla and former Naples fla cracker for 48 years

Postby Scotty1 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:08 am

:rebel: Well the water is just about where it was when they closed and is going down daily. if the rain will hold off would not be surprised if it opened back up in September after the 90 days closure. BUT THAT COULD BE JUST WISHFUL THINKING :rebel: ((stay away rain))

Batemaster
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Batemaster » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:54 am

More rain on the way this week unfortunately.

ladyblackwater
Southern Airboat Member

Postby ladyblackwater » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:34 pm

I will have to say it is definitely wishful thinking because we are still going up. Also it rained out there quite a bit last night and again this morning. We can definitely wish for the best but don't hold our breath.
Greater love hath no man, than to lay his life down for a friend.

Bitterly clinging to my guns and my religion!

I am that conservative republican your momma warned you about!

Scotty1
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Scotty1 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:45 pm

:rebel: Eden 14 rain gauge in the res, has shown a steady decline since around August 13th. :rebel:

MYDIXIEWRECKED
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby MYDIXIEWRECKED » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:25 pm

Scotty1 wrote::rebel: Well the water is just about where it was when they closed and is going down daily. if the rain will hold off would not be surprised if it opened back up in September after the 90 days closure. BUT THAT COULD BE JUST WISHFUL THINKING :rebel: ((stay away rain))

I was told by the FWC that there is no 90 day rule anymore. If the water drops they will open it. No "set amount of time" for it to be closed.
Some friends went out to remove a memorial for a firefighter that was placed out there years ago over the weekend. From what I saw in the pictures, the water isn't too bad. Hopefully it wont be long till its open. Too bad the state wont give us some of our lease money back that we pay for our camps when they prevent access.

As for the deer, they get on the islands that our camps are on and people have a real hard time following the law. They stop at these camps which run the deer back out into the deep water, stressing them when they don't need the added stress.

Any way you look at it, Water Mismanagement is playing mother nature or God and the Park Service not taking water... NO COMMENT. The federal government shouldn't control our state land. They obviously have no clue. Let the water flow as it was intended by nature. A good flush out here and there is a natural thing. Been happening way longer than we have had control of the flow...
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
"People sleep peaceably in their beds only because rough men stand ready to do violence ON THEIR BEHALF"

Lifetime member NRA
Owner camp 9 1/2 in beautiful 3A south, Everglades

Gary S
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Gary S » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:37 am

So now they are building another bridge to not let the water flow under.

ladyblackwater
Southern Airboat Member

Postby ladyblackwater » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:25 am

Well it's not looking good at all. We have a depression coming in and it's supposed to rain for 3 days. Damn we can't catch a break. I hope the weather prediction is wrong.
Greater love hath no man, than to lay his life down for a friend.

Bitterly clinging to my guns and my religion!

I am that conservative republican your momma warned you about!

glades cat
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby glades cat » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:36 pm

Hey, how about some more water?
Feast or famine.
Drink while the water is flowing.
The dry cycle will come around soon enough.
Patience folks.
"Leave a legacy...Preserve the irreplaceable"
12' x 7' sled built by Scorpion, Cont. O-470-K, 72" Whisper Tip
Rigged by Gladescat & sons in 2009

Scotty1
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Scotty1 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:13 pm

:rebel: Well all this extra rain will probably set us back a couple more months ,this really sucks been to camp ones for 3 days in the last 6 months and now maybe another 2 or 3 months. :violent1: :rebel: Got to find another place to go maybe Kissimmee

460 FULLTRACK
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby 460 FULLTRACK » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:10 pm

Just got notice that camp owners in Area 3 north and south will be able to access their camps from 1000 am Friday the 29th till Sunday the 1st at 6pm. You will still need to apply for a special use permit and must do it before Thursday the 28th by 5pm to ensure processing. The last possible time is 5pm on Friday to have access on Saturday and Sunday. Don't wait until the last minute or you might not get a permit. I'm sure that FWC will be out checking permits.

460 FULLTRACK
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby 460 FULLTRACK » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:24 pm

Well I just got notice that anyone who hasn't applied for a permit to go to their camps will not get one now. FWC is afraid that with the continued stress on the animals and the fact that many of them are on the high ground the camps are on, there will be too much disturbance. They will honor any permit that has been approved as of today. So if you haven't applied for one, it's too late.

rudee116
Southern Airboat Member

Postby rudee116 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:16 am

Anyone know where the water levels are? They extended gator season to 12/1. Wondering how much more water needs to go down before they open back up.
14' Don Davis w/ Upstack 0-540

When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. — Benjamin Franklin

460 FULLTRACK
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby 460 FULLTRACK » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:44 am

It's still 2.5 feet above regulation. I don't see it opening any time soon.

Return to “Airboat Talk”