Wreck At The Milk Bus?

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Wreck At The Milk Bus?

Postby digginfool » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:16 pm

Was sitting at the Ridge on Saturday and heard that a boat blew over at the Milk Bus. Driver was hauled away in a helicopter. Any news on his condition?
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

THE NIGHT RIDER
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Re: Wreck At The Milk Bus?

Postby THE NIGHT RIDER » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:25 am

I hope the guys all right, these boats are gettin faster and faster ,( not mine though it's a barge) and its a fine line between flipping or plainin out ,new race hulls comin outa the woodwork daily and newcomers to our hobby are just puttin down big big bucks and buying there own race boats and ridin out, its real scary to ride with a newbie specially with a race boat .

Sent from my SM-G935P using Southern Airboat mobile app powered by Tapatalk
!!! IM THE REAL NIGHT RIDER B!TCH !!! !!! AND A PROUD TO BE IN THE DIAMONDBACK FAMILY !!!!

Wilder
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Wilder » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:13 pm

I wasn't there but have heard some talk about it. I hope the guy is doin alright too. I can tell you he is a hell of a nice guy and has more experience with fast airboats than most. That being said I wish him a speedy recovery because I know he'll be back at it as soon as he can. There are more and more of us that are becoming hooked on the fun of racing and it's no different for the airboats as it would be for a car or motorcycle or anything else. There's always the risk. Best thing we can do is to make it as safe as we possibly can. Still gotta live and have fun at the end of the day if there was no danger it wouldn't give the thrill.

flcracker9
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby flcracker9 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:05 am

I was there. He was concious, talking, but was in pain. He hurt his back, and dislocated his shoulder. He said he had a previous back injury/surgery, and may have aggrevated that. Took the Sherrif helicopter an hour to get there. They had to send another private boat to the Overstreet Landing to pick up 2 Paramedics because they said the trauma helicopter would not land unless there was a paramedic on site??? Shame it happened, sounds like he will be ok. Nice damn boat too, small step hull with an all chrome AV 0540, belt driven pro-charger with nitrous. Wish I would have know you were out there Greg, we were there with 8 boats Friday - Sunday
Kevin
12' Open Palm Beach, IO-0470-L 260hp, 72" NGQ

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby digginfool » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:26 am

flcracker9 wrote:I was there. He was concious, talking, but was in pain. He hurt his back, and dislocated his shoulder. He said he had a previous back injury/surgery, and may have aggrevated that. Took the Sherrif helicopter an hour to get there. They had to send another private boat to the Overstreet Landing to pick up 2 Paramedics because they said the trauma helicopter would not land unless there was a paramedic on site??? Shame it happened, sounds like he will be ok. Nice damn boat too, small step hull with an all chrome AV 0540, belt driven pro-charger with nitrous. Wish I would have know you were out there Greg, we were there with 8 boats Friday - Sunday
Kevin

Yeah, Kevin. Wish I had known you were there. We were a group of 5. Had Nick and Shannon down from Floral City, Jason (ffjpowell) and a couple buddies of his from Jacksonville, Debbie and I. We also ran into Zack at the Ridge. Would have been great to see you! We had an awesome time, even though we only rode Saturday. Marsh was tough. Lots of dry running but we found enough water to get us around. When we came out of the marsh and back past the Milk Bus, it looked like a boat was getting set back upright. We didn't stop since there was already at least a dozen boats assisting. Once we got to the Ridge, that's when we found out what was going on. Also saw what looked like a CG chopper (all orange) land at the Bus while we were at the Ridge. Not sure what that was about.
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

flcracker9
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby flcracker9 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:28 am

http://s1022.photobucket.com/user/flcra ... g.html?o=1

http://s1022.photobucket.com/user/flcra ... sort=3&o=2

Still haven't figured out how to post pics, but above is 2 pics I took of the boat after the blow over.
Kevin

kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby kwanjangnihm » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:42 am

Kevin I think photobucket has made changes and unless you have a subscription, you cannot view photos.
I cannot see them. If you email them to me I can post them for you. jeffkentO540@gmail.com
" I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that? "

flcracker9
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby flcracker9 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:02 am

kwanjangnihm wrote:Kevin I think photobucket has made changes and unless you have a subscription, you cannot view photos.
I cannot see them. If you email them to me I can post them for you. jeffkentO540@gmail.com

Emailed them to you
Thanks, Kevin

kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby kwanjangnihm » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:08 am

Here you go bro! :thumbleft:

" I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that? "

ffjpowell
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby ffjpowell » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:15 pm

Hope he is feeling/doing better. We were with diggin when we heard the news. Glad it is better than what we heard which was a broken back. Prayers for a speedy recovery. B safe

Sent from my SM-N920P using Southern Airboat mobile app powered by Tapatalk
What the mind of man can conceive and believe, the mind of man can achieve.

Live today like theirs no tommorrow.

New build on the way!!!!!! Stay tuned.

J. Powell

flcracker9
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby flcracker9 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:52 pm

ffjpowell wrote:Hope he is feeling/doing better. We were with diggin when we heard the news. Glad it is better than what we heard which was a broken back. Prayers for a speedy recovery. B safe

Though not official, one of the guys I was riding with stayed with the guy until he was airlifted out. He hit me up Monday and said he received info that his back was not broken. Again, take that for what it's worth.

Dirtman
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Dirtman » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:55 pm

From what I was told it was Darin Davis hes the guy that does Pacemaker ignitions.
IO520 on a 12"6" Lazer with a 72" Q #20814
Build in progress: 14x7'9" JB w/ GSO540 &80" Razor

Return to “Airboat Talk”