Mess At The Ramblin' Rose

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Mess At The Ramblin' Rose

Postby digginfool » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:33 am

Who's the peckerhead that killed the big gator at my camp then pulled it up on my dock, bled and gutted it, then left the mess for me to clean up? WTF is the matter with you? The very least you could have done is taken a bucket and rinsed it off. There's only a few tags for 2A and I'm reaching out to FWC to find out who had this week. Jackass. :evil: :evil: :angry5: :angry5:
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

PM
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Re: Mess At The Ramblin' Rose

Postby PM » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:03 pm

This is exactly why the camps are locked and the general public isn't welcome anymore. No respect.
15' Rivermaster (Hoffman)

BANANA BOAT
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby BANANA BOAT » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:16 pm

I
Last edited by BANANA BOAT on Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BANANA BOAT
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby BANANA BOAT » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:17 pm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Southern Airboat mobile app powered by Tapatalk

swampjunkie
Southern Airboat Member

Postby swampjunkie » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:20 pm

I hope you do find them. That is total bs. Reach out to Harry Dutton and explain what happened. He heads up the Gator
Harvest program. Hopefully he can give you the people who had tags for week one. The harvest started Tuesday so if
Before that date it might not have been someone with tags.

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby digginfool » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:23 pm

Thanks. It happened last night. Just a coincidence that a guy I know stopped by camp today and found the mess then called me. Most of the blood was still wet.
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

Deano
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby Deano » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:04 pm

It never ceases to amaze me . . . the levels to which some people will stoop. Image
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge; it has no place in the endeavor of science."
- Carl Sagan

timmmyy
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby timmmyy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:10 pm

That bull shit , they need there tags removed from area
Olways on the furst date

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby digginfool » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:08 am

Once it became public, he reached out and apologized. Can't really blame the guy in the picture so much as the guide who took him there. He's going to clean up what's left of the mess. Social media is a wonderful thing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Southern Airboat mobile app powered by Tapatalk

joshua357
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby joshua357 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:32 am

Not knowing the whole story until now I rescind my earlier statement. Had it been a legal hunt and someone used my dock and cleaned up after themselves I would be okay with it. I have no issue helping fellow outdoorsman out. Now that the whole story is out I am pissed at the nerve of these asshats. Its these fools that ruin things for the rest of us.
Last edited by joshua357 on Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deano
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby Deano » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:43 am

In view of "the rest of the story . . ." I had to remove my agreement with the above
Last edited by Deano on Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge; it has no place in the endeavor of science."
- Carl Sagan

kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby kwanjangnihm » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:57 am

Stepping up and doing the right thing after the crime is committed is BS IMO :angry5:

Will the FWC fine the guide or hunter for their negligence??

Question: whose property is the dock legally? (state, swfwmd, corp, diggins) :scratch:
" I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that? "

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby digginfool » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:04 am

I legally own the camp and dock. I lease the land under it. Even with No Trespass signs (which mine aren't up right now), it's nearly impossible to enforce.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Southern Airboat mobile app powered by Tapatalk

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby digginfool » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:08 am

As far as any fines, that's a long shot. There's no tag on the gator in the picture and no evidence of it having been harpooned as they claim. I know that gator well enough that I know it wasn't. Where they pulled the gator up onto the deck and where the shell casing was left is where the gator likes to sit, especially during the day. I can't prove it but I'd bet dollars to donuts they walked across my dock and hit it with the bang stick, which IS illegal if the gator is not securely tethered. Plus, there are so many piles under the camp, a running, harpooned gator would be wrapped up in seconds. No way it happened the way they claim.

joshua357
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby joshua357 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:37 pm

Deano wrote:In view of "the rest of the story . . ." I had to remove my agreement with the above

Same here.

Return to “Airboat Talk”