HOUSTON TX AREA

Best airboat discussion on the internet.
Lwells
Southern Airboat Member

HOUSTON TX AREA

Postby Lwells » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:14 pm

Is anyone thinking about taking their boat to Houston area to help? I'm in Athens tx now delivering a camper and then thought I would come to Florida and get my boat and go back to Houston and help rescue people for the rescue squads are overwhelmed and need flatbottom boats and airboat. There are so many people on their roofs and not enough help. If your interested in helping then call me and maybe we can go help. 859-585-9921 call anytime 24/7. Larry

Sniper
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Re: HOUSTON TX AREA

Postby Sniper » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:05 pm

Been on the phone my team mate and I since friday we told them we would the whole team and a lot of experience to go with it, all we require is to be reimbursed for our expenses we will work for free and all we have gotten is blown off or hung up on or refered to some one else they told us all volenteers are responsable for there own expenses sorry but I can not afford to drive to Texas and pay for fuel,food and a place to sleep on my dime so right now the whole team is doing nothing until some one in Texas can make a decision
Sniper You can run but why die tired, If you heard my shot you were not the target
DOI Airboat Instructor

OneBFC
Southern Airboat Member

Postby OneBFC » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:11 pm

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/08/27/h ... -youve-got

Rather different picture that article paints. A dang shame really.

They could use teams like yours is a gross understatment.

Hope someone wakes up before more people get hurt.
-Russ
-----------------------------------
The only thing stopping you is FEAR
400+hp Ecotec, 12x7.6 DBDO, 80" 3B Maximus, 2.3 OX,70+mph, water = purely optional
Life begins at 2 BAR, Just a good ole boy

Rich Andrews
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Rich Andrews » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:57 am

meanwhile FEMA will make someone a VERY VERY rich person w some stupid contract cleaning debris..
I'll have my Manatee burger medium please...just say NObama

14x8 deckover FELBER 397ci.. HP ???..just stay back!!

LOHA is AHOL backwards

glades cat
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby glades cat » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:22 am

Been on a few disaster deployments over the years with our USAR team. Starting with hurricane Andrew in 92 'till Haiti earthquake in 2010. It's a chaotic mess.
I hope you connect with local agency having jurisdiction, get assignments and make some rescues. Be careful, work safely and return to your families unscathed.
"Leave a legacy...Preserve the irreplaceable"
12' x 7' sled built by Scorpion, Cont. O-470-K, 72" Whisper Tip
Rigged by Gladescat & sons in 2009

Sniper
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Sniper » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:57 pm

still on standby dam
Sniper You can run but why die tired, If you heard my shot you were not the target
DOI Airboat Instructor

BANANA BOAT
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby BANANA BOAT » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:09 pm

Why not just show up. Im sure the airboat community would fund raise to cover your expenses. I would donate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Southern Airboat mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Swamp Parrot
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Swamp Parrot » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:24 pm

just saw a post from Cajun navy on facebook, that some looters where shooting at their boats. stay safe if you go.

kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby kwanjangnihm » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:41 pm

2 f*cksticks need to be shot!! :angry5: :violent1: :banghead:
Looting Begins In Houston As Distracted Police Rescue Over 2,000 From Floodwaters

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-2 ... loodwaters
" I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that? "

ffjpowell
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby ffjpowell » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:52 pm

If news to put together a task force of airboats i am down to go. I live in Jacksonville Fl so am on the way. 13 yr Lt/Fire/Medic. Qualified in all 5 USAR disciplines.

Typical savages when others are distracted and in need. Agree they need to be shot while others are just trying to survive the floods....

Sent from my SM-N920P using Southern Airboat mobile app powered by Tapatalk
What the mind of man can conceive and believe, the mind of man can achieve.

Live today like theirs no tommorrow.

New build on the way!!!!!! Stay tuned.

J. Powell

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby SWAMPHUNTER45 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:10 pm

FWC airboats headed out along with several swift water rescue teams from across the state.
Just had a story on the evening news. They are forecasting water in some areas to be roof top height around Houston by morning as they now are opening up the dams to relieve pressure.

Deano
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby Deano » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:33 pm

That is good news about there being help en route. It is frustrating to be willing, but unable to help.
It is somewhat disheartening that they need to open dams prior to getting everybody downstream.

If what we can do to help best, is to pray . . . then that is what we will continue to do.
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge; it has no place in the endeavor of science."
- Carl Sagan

Lwells
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Lwells » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:07 pm

Sorry I haven't said anymore but I have been on the road delivering trailers to dealers in Texas and haven't been on site since my post. I'm headed to Florida with a trailer so I can pick my Airboat up. They have been giving a phone number out on the radio but don't get the number down when driving but FEMA says they are overwhelmed and are now hiring people to oversee projects. I hope to go for a few days, if I'm not too late just to help pick people up that have no way out of the water, I'm not worried about the money for usually if you make contact with law enforcement or someone connected to FEMA they usually will pay you, they paid me at the Katrina disaster but this isn't about money for me and no, I don't have plenty of money but I think it could be me there needing the help and I would love to see an Airboat pull up to my roof and get me after being there for a day or two or more.

kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby kwanjangnihm » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:12 am

Lwells wrote: I'm headed to Florida with a trailer so I can pick my Airboat up. I don't have plenty of money but I think it could be me there needing the help and I would love to see an Airboat pull up to my roof and get me after being there for a day or two or more.

Be safe and Godspeed Lwells and all responders heading to Texas!! :cheers: :usa:
" I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that? "

sandpiper
Southern Airboat Member

Postby sandpiper » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:19 pm

I'm leaving New Jersey on Thursday morning headed to Ft. Pierce Florida to get my airboat. I sent my contact information to the Cajun Navy and am awaiting their response. If anyone has information about who to contact, I'm interested. I'm not one to deploy on my own so I'd like to team up with a group!!

Waggs
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby Waggs » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:47 pm

I'm thinking about going too. I spoke this morning with a FWC officer buddy of mine that's out there. He said if I went, make sure to bring plenty of water and food as it is getting very scarce out there, also to go in a big group. He said even they still aren't sure where they're going yet.

My wife is an ARNP in the ER, she just got an email stating they need help at the hospitals out there and the TX gov suspended any practice restrictions as long as the care provider was liscenced and in good standing in another state.

If we can figure out child care, I think we'll saddle up. Mamaw, papaw I think the kids are coming to stay for a while...
12.5' Predator, O320H2AD, 72" Whisper Tip Narrow

Liberty Mechanical Services
Performing all commercial and residential HVAC services
321-689-7709
Making America Cool Again!

KCCO

Waggs
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby Waggs » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:10 pm

sandpiper wrote:I sent my contact information to the Cajun Navy and am awaiting their response. If anyone has information about who to contact, I'm interested. I'm not one to deploy on my own so I'd like to team up with a group!!

Tell them the Cracker Navy is ready to help!

321-689-7709

KCCO

kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby kwanjangnihm » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:06 pm

Waggs are you bringing your airboat?
I have 2 brand new RK Racing Polyethylene 5 gal containers that I will stop and fill with AV gas if needed.
Also have 2 new 5 gallon jugs of water as well. Let me know and I will drop all 4 off to your home! :thumbleft:

rick
Site Admin

Postby rick » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:31 pm

I received this email today:
Dear Southern Airboat,
Please reach out to anyone interested in helping us get 2 guys off a damaged tugboat in Orange Texas! Paying cash! Although I realize people in the area have needs to get to dry land, this would be a private deal. I am an ICU nurse in Slidell and trying to get my 25 year old son who works for Florida Marine off that tug. Landfall hit again this morning over them. Blew out window and now engines are down. He has been on boat 30 days. I am not on social media so please reach out for me. Appreciate your time and assistance. Any time in the next few days even when storms start to move away??!
Dawn and Bill Boone 251-610-0472 text,call or email me if able!,

Putting this here in case somebody, that might be in a position to help, wanted to contact this person. The email address is: booned58@gmail.com

The email seems legit, but you can never be 100% sure. I did find one reference to a "Dawn Boone" at Slidell Memorial Hospital searching the internet.

Thanks,
Rick

Waggs
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby Waggs » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:08 pm

kwanjangnihm wrote:Waggs are you bringing your airboat?
I have 2 brand new RK Racing Polyethylene 5 gal containers that I will stop and fill with AV gas if needed.
Also have 2 new 5 gallon jugs of water as well. Let me know and I will drop all 4 off to your home! :thumbleft:

Yes, I plan on bringing the airboat. My wife heard back and all the medical needs have been met, so now I only have one small setback. I'm a new small business and placed a bid for a job to be done this coming Tuesday. If I don't get the job, I plan on pulling out of town this Friday. If I do get the job, I'll head out Wednesday. Not sure if an airboat will be of any use that far after the storm. I should know if I got the job tomorrow.

321-689-7709

KCCO

Prototype
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Prototype » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:36 pm

Thanks Rick,

The last I heard close to 100 fwc and 60 boats were sent out. GOV Scott sent our finest and I hope they do us proud!
I'm with sniper on this but I sure hope Texas knows the private/commercial industry is massive but we are grouped within the deadbeat looter class of humans!
Government will never call on it's citizens for help? They just can't grasp the fact that we are still willing and able after taxes!

rick
Site Admin

Postby rick » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:28 pm

I did see a long line of FWC trucks w/boats in Texas on Fox Business News this afternoon.

I'm proud of Texas. Looks like the locals stepped up & are making a big difference. It's a way better concept than waiting for the federal government to come save you IMO.

Hope the loss of life news doesn't get worse in the coming days.

Rick

Moritz
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Moritz » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:20 am

People from all over stepped in. Most efforts you see on done people showed up boats truck etc and went to work. No government running it, each place people did what they could from helping people out of boats to taking the to shelters. Thousands of people and boats flat bottom , fishing boat, airboat, jet skis, canoes etcPeople helping people
The Gov did not get in the way, and people went to work and are working day and night

Every rescue site you saw on TV was people showing up and going to work. Nobody was running. Word got where help was needed. And help showed up. Boat men found out where trouble was.

I live 45 miles south of houston

Waggs
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby Waggs » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:07 pm

sandpiper wrote:I'm leaving New Jersey on Thursday morning headed to Ft. Pierce Florida to get my airboat. I sent my contact information to the Cajun Navy and am awaiting their response. If anyone has information about who to contact, I'm interested. I'm not one to deploy on my own so I'd like to team up with a group!!

Sandpiper, I plan on leaving tomorrow morning. I'm in Clermont, right next to the turnpike. I could catch up with you if you plan on coming this way to I-75...

321-689-7709

KCCO

kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby kwanjangnihm » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:49 pm

Waggs my offer still stands. Is there anything else you need? Sent you a PM.

Return to “Airboat Talk”